IREM Collection series

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
SeafoamGaming

Re: IREM Collection series

Post by SeafoamGaming »

Bear78 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:06 pm Looks like they have a new patch coming out: https://x.com/ININ_Games/status/1769772 ... 99355?s=20
I’ll download this when i’m home. See if it makes IF2/IF NES less buggy.
hamfighterx

Post by hamfighterx »

As I've been playing a bit more, wanted to give some praise to this release:

The "Stick Aim" option is kinda neat! In Image Fight (all versions including the NES/FC/PCE ports) and Image Fight II, it allows you to control your movable options (that normally aim in the opposite direction as your movement) with the right stick, more like a twin-stick shooter. Also serves as a shot button and causes your normal forward firing shot (or any fixed options) to fire. It's obviously a different way to play, and in some respects is an "easy mode", but it's a very cool arrange-like setting and another differentiator from just playing the standard arcade version. Nice addition.

X-Multiply also has a right stick aim feature, with same basic idea but slightly different in that game where the right stick controls your "arms" (when you have that powerup). So, for example, you can be moving left but hold R stick straight to the right and your arms will stay out in front of your ship and shoot to the right.
ryu wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:48 pm I have a feeling the japanese version got all those patches a while ago. There really was nothing noticeably wrong when I tested and my PS5 isn't downloading any new patches today either.
Yeah I've also seen no patches on the Switch retail JPN version. The version that shipped on the cart was Ver. 1.0.3.
ryu

Post by ryu »

I had to download a patch on PS5 though. It's on version 2.0 I think.
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
Lemnear

Post by Lemnear »

weird ...but they did change the artwork :? wut.. (PSN)

ryu

Post by ryu »

They put the games in order of their release dates. Strange decision to change this now. The artworks are still in achronological order on the japanese CE box.
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
AGermanArtist

Post by AGermanArtist »

I like the sound of these arrange modes. Maybe a bargain buy in 2 yrs when the issues are ironed out.
ryu

Post by ryu »

I just noticed there was an update (2.1 now on PS5). No idea about what it does in detail, but Image Fight II's anime scenes now have english and japanese subtitles (depending on your language choice).
Lemnear

Post by Lemnear »

ryu wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:35 am I just noticed there was an update (2.1 now on PS5). No idea about what it does in detail, but Image Fight II's anime scenes now have english and japanese subtitles (depending on your language choice).
Wow :o
I hope they release at least the first 3 volume.
ryu

Post by ryu »

I don't care much for volume 3, but hopefully we'll eventually see In the Hunt and R-Type Leo... with proper scanlines please. :? Especially In the Hunt looks great and deserves better than these awful shaders.
SeafoamGaming

Post by SeafoamGaming »

Got the new switch update and it seems to be one behind the ps5 subtitle one. Will likely take a few more days as a result.

Still i tried the new rapid fire control config options and… lmao, it’s a 100% crash rate any time you try to rebind any button or rapid fire. It’s amazingly bad how this slipped past QC.

I can’t even call this the Switch being the Switch anymore how tf do you not notice changing controls will crash your game

EDIT: defaulting your controls fixes it. Well at least it’s playable now but still a silly oversight. Will poke to see what other bugs are fixed.
ryu

Post by ryu »

I think the rebinding was in the PS5 version to begin with and didn't cause any problems for me, but I'm not sure.

It honestly sounds like whoever's responsible for the software doesn't employ programmers on their own and just hires some dudes that don't care about the product for cheap...
hamfighterx

Post by hamfighterx »

SeafoamGaming wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:58 pm Got the new switch update and it seems to be one behind the ps5 subtitle one. Will likely take a few more days as a result.

Still i tried the new rapid fire control config options and… lmao, it’s a 100% crash rate any time you try to rebind any button or rapid fire. It’s amazingly bad how this slipped past QC.

I can’t even call this the Switch being the Switch anymore how tf do you not notice changing controls will crash your game

EDIT: defaulting your controls fixes it. Well at least it’s playable now but still a silly oversight. Will poke to see what other bugs are fixed.
I assume you're playing the downloaded Switch version? What's the version number?

I am on the Japan retail Switch cart, v.1.0.3 shipped on the cart and there is no update yet (just checked again right now).

I've had "Auto Shot" and "Auto Pod Shot" in the control options all along, no new additional rapid fire options. I do not encounter any crash issues with rebinding buttons, rebinding the auto shots to various different buttons works totally fine. Just confirmed with Image Fight arcade (World version). In fact, I haven't had a single crash for any reason since I got the collection, in any game, with several hours of playtime (Image Fight arcade being the most so far) and at least spending a little bit of time with all of the games.
Last edited by hamfighterx on Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lemnear

Post by Lemnear »

ryu wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:07 pm I think the rebinding was in the PS5 version to begin with and didn't cause any problems for me, but I'm not sure.

It honestly sounds like whoever's responsible for the software doesn't employ programmers on their own and just hires some dudes that don't care about the product for cheap...
Judging by Gleylancer, i would say, no, they are "ok".
A this point i think the games in Vol 2 are difficulty to emulate properly...and probably the same goes for the Vol 3 :roll: .
ryu

Post by ryu »

I think volume 2 is delayed because they've been busy with fixing volume 1, are spending my time on quality control and maybe also because they are working on extra features for it.
Lemnear

Post by Lemnear »

ryu wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:08 pm I think volume 2 is delayed because they've been busy with fixing volume 1, are spending my time on quality control and maybe also because they are working on extra features for it.
That too...and probably Ratalaika is not prepared for 15 Games to release in sequence in group of three in a single year LOL...
SeafoamGaming

Post by SeafoamGaming »

Strictly limited updated their release schedule again.

Irem vol 3’s physical is now set for 2025. Make do with that info what you will. Doesn't give me confidence in either SLG’s stability or the project in general working out great. Still the pause bug in IF2 on my switch copy.
ryu

Post by ryu »

Maybe you should report that bug. God knows if they're even aware of it. :/
SeafoamGaming

Post by SeafoamGaming »

hamfighterx wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:55 pm
SeafoamGaming wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:58 pm Got the new switch update and it seems to be one behind the ps5 subtitle one. Will likely take a few more days as a result.

I assume you're playing the downloaded Switch version? What's the version number?

I am on the Japan retail Switch cart, v.1.0.3 shipped on the cart and there is no update yet (just checked again right now).

I've had "Auto Shot" and "Auto Pod Shot" in the control options all along, no new additional rapid fire options. I do not encounter any crash issues with rebinding buttons, rebinding the auto shots to various different buttons works totally fine. Just confirmed with Image Fight arcade (World version). In fact, I haven't had a single crash for any reason since I got the collection, in any game, with several hours of playtime (Image Fight arcade being the most so far) and at least spending a little bit of time with all of the games.
Yes. My ver number is the exact same. That IF2 Pause bug is so laughably bad and obvious the fact that's still not fixed blows my mind. Also blows my mind it took until this last update for IF NES's turbo fire to even function. That's the sort of thing you should catch before launch, not months after.
ryu wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:16 pm Maybe you should report that bug. God knows if they're even aware of it. :/
Believe me, I did. I reviewed it at launch and during the launch state and made sure to let PR know when I sent it in how borked it was. I even got after SLG's media folk when they went on reddit to make excuses for being a year late on producing any physical games whatsoever, on how their Jajamaru Set from last Feb still has not gotten a single patch of any kind. I didn't even have faith they'd make the fixes they did now, tbh, so it's kinda surprising they're moving along with them. Just stunned one of the launch day bugs is still in the set.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

I got the basic PS5 import in today and was pleasantly surprised to see a full-color, 30 page booklet inside. It's no collector's edition art book, but it's on par with something you'd have gotten in a PS2 game back in the day (stage order/names/thumbnails, enemy descriptions
& sprite images, bosses, etc). For something like $25 USD, it's a nice set.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!