Tatsujin (Truxton)

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Steven

Re: Tatsujin (Truxton)

Post by Steven »

Tatsujin Mega Drive normal
Steven - 1,165,750 - 1-5 - Int. - Japanese Mega Drive + Enhanced Graphics & Sound ROM hack
Spoiler
Final stage after only about a single day of playing this version. It's significantly easier than I thought it would be. Should get the clear soon.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Still not sure how I feel about the usage of a literal hack (and this isn't Zero Wing), but... I just hope it has zero gameplay differences, that's all.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Mero

Post by Mero »

Old score
Spoiler
Tatsujin Arcade

Mero - 988,130 - 134 - Yes - Astro City Mini V

Been playing this since last week, I was off work so have played quite a bit. I hit stage 4 for the first time on Saturday then yesterday after a load of shit credits (as you can see) I got this. Stage 3 would have been no miss but I killed the boss and then immediately got shot so I still haven't no missed stage 3 yet.

The checkpoint with the first stage 4 midboss seems massive, I killed him a few times and got miles past him but then died and got sent all the way back to the green platforms.
Last edited by Mero on Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mero

Post by Mero »

Old score
Spoiler
Tatsujin Arcade

Mero - 1,314,300 - 177 - Yes - Astro City Mini V

Game over on the 2nd stage 5 midboss.
Last edited by Mero on Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mero

Post by Mero »

Tatsujin, Arcade

Mero - 1,539,850 - 219 - Yes - Astro City Mini V

No miss until the stage 4 boss. Dying on him would usually be a disaster but I had enough lives to inch my way through stage 5. When I picked up the item based extend about 2/3rds of the way through I was on my last life. I was also on my last life when I took down the boss. I entered the loop with mid level red which meant I could make a little bit of progress.
Steven

Post by Steven »

A clear on the laggiest mini console that exists, which is also the one with the worst audio. I guess I have no excuse for not clearing this game now.
Mero

Post by Mero »

Honestly maybe I'm just not sensitive but I didn't have any issues when playing this. For the record I'm playing with TV out and a wired pad, I never had any intention of using the stick and buttons on the unit (I have the Euro version of the unit, though I doubt it's any different except the menu language).
Steven

Post by Steven »

Mero wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:58 am Honestly maybe I'm just not sensitive but I didn't have any issues when playing this. For the record I'm playing with TV out and a wired pad, I never had any intention of using the stick and buttons on the unit (I have the Euro version of the unit, though I doubt it's any different except the menu language).
I don't think I've actually played this game on the Astro City Mini V, and lag on it varies by game, with some being worse than others and I think Batrider has the highest, but I seem to remember that it only has a regular shot button and a 30Hz, although I may be wrong.

I'm relatively insensitive to lag, but on this thing even I notice it, so it sits and collects dust. Probably ought to just sell it at this point...

Are you going to try Tatsujin Ou next? You should. *evil laughter*
Mero

Post by Mero »

That's right, either normal shot or 30hz, a lower rate for when there's lots of popcorn enemies would have been better but it didn't get me killed so I can't really moan.
Steven wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:17 am Are you going to try Tatsujin Ou next? You should. *evil laughter*
Not anytime soon lol, maybe I could try it out when I've got some time off next month.
Steven

Post by Steven »

Mero wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:50 am That's right, either normal shot or 30hz, a lower rate for when there's lots of popcorn enemies would have been better but it didn't get me killed so I can't really moan.
Steven wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:17 am Are you going to try Tatsujin Ou next? You should. *evil laughter*
Not anytime soon lol, maybe I could try it out when I've got some time off next month.
A few months ago I watched a friend 1CC the game on his PCB with no autofire... three times in a row! He didn't 3-ALL, though. He just wanted to practice the first loop, so he intentionally game overed on loop 2 and restarted.

Have fun with Tatsujin Ou, though. Lol that game. I only ever made it to the stage 3 boss, but I'm going to start playing it seriously soon.
Steven

Post by Steven »

Wow, this game is SUPER EASY after so much Same! Same! Same! 1P. I haven't even played the arcade version for almost a year and the MD version since October and I increased my arcade score by just barely over 28%. I'm almost tempted to take a break from Same! and get the clear on this instead because I feel like I could possibly do it before the end of the week. Not going to, though. I must say that it was extremely nice to play on PCB for the first time since December of 2021. Clearing out that section that drops all of those bombs on stage 3 with the full power Thunder Laser on the arcade version for the first time and doing so on PCB feels so fucking good.

Tatsujin arcade
Steven - 847,790 - 128 - Yes - PCB
Spoiler
Mero

Post by Mero »

Tatsujin MD, Normal

Mero - 1,535,990 - 2-1 - Int. - Mega Drive Mini II

I reached the 2nd loop with an absolute ton of lives but I still didn't beat 2-1. Score wasn't great at the end of the first loop, less than 1.4m I think.