The Non-Shmup 1CC Thread - Share Your Triumphs Here!

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
miwa

Re: The Non-Shmup 1CC Thread - Share Your Triumphs Here!

Post by miwa »

Got my first 1cc in Captain Commando, which is also my first clear of a legit arcade beat 'em up.

I absolutely love the wacky settings and charakters, especially Baby Head.

It felt extremely difficult at first but once I found some good routes and learned some of the cheese strats it wasn't too difficult.

https://youtu.be/buFzP6mLe-g?si=MPCvJ7OlNM3SA6RF
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Miwa, any day that I see you 1CC'd I get to witness another one of your glorious thumbnails, and that day is immediately a good day.

10/10 thumbnail.

Also, great job on the clear. :D
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

1CC’d Operation Wolf Returns: First Mission and all hostages rescued!
velo

Post by velo »

Some low-hanging fruit to close out/start the year...

Elevator Action Returns: Saturn version, default settings, Edie. I was warned about the ending and it still got me. Great game that I'd like to have another run at with the other characters.

VS. Super Mario Bros: More differences from the original than I was expecting. It has a little more bite without veering into SMB2j/kaizo territory. Might be my go-to version going forward, if I ever get the urge to play SMB1 again.

Fight'n Rage: Hard, Norris. Two more difficulty levels above that to go, but hey, still counts. I can't stay away from this game for too long but I'm still sort of bad...

Dragon's Lair: Easy (the default, I think) in Daphne.

Tanuki Justice: Hard. Worth the hype you guys have been giving it. Insane is probably going to remain out of reach for a while (ouch).
miwa wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:21 am Got my first 1cc in Captain Commando, which is also my first clear of a legit arcade beat 'em up.

I absolutely love the wacky settings and charakters, especially Baby Head.

It felt extremely difficult at first but once I found some good routes and learned some of the cheese strats it wasn't too difficult.

https://youtu.be/buFzP6mLe-g?si=MPCvJ7OlNM3SA6RF
Consider me impressed. I can't make a dent in that game with Baby. I FF'd to the Shtrom fights.
ExitPlanetDust

Post by ExitPlanetDust »

I finally accomplished an Elevator Action Returns no death run with Edie on very hard with 10 bombs set.

https://youtu.be/o-Cdd3-QL2E

It was a survival run, so don’t expect an impressive score. :wink:
miwa

Post by miwa »

velo wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:44 pm
Fight'n Rage: Hard, Norris. Two more difficulty levels above that to go, but hey, still counts. I can't stay away from this game for too long but I'm still sort of bad...

Consider me impressed. I can't make a dent in that game with Baby. I FF'd to the Shtrom fights.
Yeah, the whole Shtrom clan is pretty annoying. Their behavior is pretty counterintuitive and it took me quite some practice to get used to it.

Congrats on the Fight'n Rage clear! I'm currently working on the insane 1cc with Norris. It's quite the jump from hardest to insane, with parries becoming a lot more essential. I wonder how big the difference between insane and unfair is, besides starting with zero lives.
BareKnuckleRoo wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:17 pm Miwa, any day that I see you 1CC'd I get to witness another one of your glorious thumbnails, and that day is immediately a good day.

10/10 thumbnail.

Also, great job on the clear. :D
Thank you, 'Roo! Always happy to hear you enjoy them. I'll try to create more this year :D
velo

Post by velo »

miwa wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:06 pm Congrats on the Fight'n Rage clear! I'm currently working on the insane 1cc with Norris. It's quite the jump from hardest to insane, with parries becoming a lot more essential. I wonder how big the difference between insane and unfair is, besides starting with zero lives.
Ouch, I can't imagine. I switched to Gal and got the Normal 1cc as a formality. It didn't feel like a "triumph" as per the thread title, but that's out of the way.

Oh, and normal 1cc of Air Twister. I think every difficulty in AT might be the same apart from starting hp.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Finally scored my first 1CC run of Air Twister!
ExitPlanetDust

Post by ExitPlanetDust »

Another Elevator Action Returns 1CC on Very Hard difficulty with 10 bombs setting. This time with Kart. It’s sloppy and RNG smiles on me in the last stage, but it’s done.

https://youtu.be/igQQi9aPFj0
Nguyen VinhLOC

Post by Nguyen VinhLOC »

My Time Crisis Crisis Zone 1cc on Aethersx2 (best score up to now)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9UkGsaSjm9Q
Frenetic

Post by Frenetic »

Oh nice this thread exists.

I earned TGM1 Gm a couple of years ago.

I earned TGM1 20G Gm last year.

--the F-man
miwa

Post by miwa »

https://youtu.be/evC8N-iqHEI?si=YFEpuiCXHTUmf1vh

Got my first Metal Slug X 1cc yesterday :D

Hadn't played this game in a long time and was surprised just how amazing it still is.
BIL

Post by BIL »

velo wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:44 pmTanuki Justice: Hard. Worth the hype you guys have been giving it. Insane is probably going to remain out of reach for a while (ouch).
Glad you enjoyed! Killer game, that... if you'd told me it was a lost PC Engine title from back in the day, I'd absolutely believe it. Expert design economy in the compact character and shredding firepower.

Wonderboy Bobi is the real deal. Totally different genre and demographic, but his Aggelos is superb too, in oldschool sidescrolling ARPG mode. Been meaning to get back to it, just so much good stuff lately.
miwa wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:22 pm https://youtu.be/evC8N-iqHEI?si=YFEpuiCXHTUmf1vh

Got my first Metal Slug X 1cc yesterday :D

Hadn't played this game in a long time and was surprised just how amazing it still is.
Hell of a run. :o Of all the nailbiting things there, my favourite is possibly that ice-cold turnaround BATSECUTION @ 18m15s. Two shots, two PWNED bats. Image :lol:

Love that you got the rare Abdul Abbas kill in stage 1! I can never get that to happen deliberately, always a grim laugh when the poor bastard gets taken out by his own tank, ardently waving his white flag. :mrgreen: Nice no-hit Harrier Slug st3 boss, too; I always get the poor thing banged up. And taking out that oncoming st4 biker in all his wheelying glory with a deft grenade!

Nazca's games are always such a joy to watch played well; there's so much detail you can't process at the controls. That's true of any intense action game, but just the myriad ways shrapnel and debris go flying across the screen is bravura. And the perfect ripple your character's gunshots send cascading over their clothes and skin in WHOA BIIG mode, and the visibly juddering handlebars on enemy motorcycles, and a million other things.

Picked up several new safespots and techniques; I was genuinely surprised to see those rolling cannonballs go harmlessly under the Slugnoid, in late st5. I knew it worked with MS4's walker slug, but never considered it here. And it looks like running against the subway trains actually pushes them back? :shock: I always have to stockpile a ton of grenades for those, while crouch-firing, and I've seen others say it's just impossible without them. Might free up lots of grenades for speedkills elsewhere.