Dead End City

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
locoBro1196

Re: Dead End City

Post by locoBro1196 »

Pixel Licker wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:20 pm The release for the console ports has been confirmed: February 28, 2024! It is coming to Switch, PS4/5 and Xbox. Digital only unless Eastasiasoft aren't telling me something.
thanks for sharing the news! I had a really fun time with this on Steam, will grab it again for NSW or Xbox.
Bear78

Post by Bear78 »

Pixel Licker wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:20 pm The release for the console ports has been confirmed: February 28, 2024! It is coming to Switch, PS4/5 and Xbox. Digital only unless Eastasiasoft aren't telling me something.
VGNYSoft has been doing physical releases for shmups for EAS so hopefully that might happen.

Either way, game looks cool!
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

The release for the console ports has been confirmed: February 28, 2024!

Congratulations! (on the console release and Steelers victory)

If this

Let me know if you have any suggestions or feedback.

is still on the table, allow me to join the chorus about the mortar attacks. Not only is there a TON of confusion going on with those (which could be the intention). But with those, and the simultaneous enemy cars constantly attempting to ram you, it's real easy to fall into a death loop. Again, this could be the intention. But, it's a little frustrating to have good runs turn to game overs instantly, because one can't get a grip on what's happening (this issue will be greatly exacerbated on the Switch's screen). So perhaps you could at least have an option for the standard 'ghost' period after taking damage (a couple seconds where the player is blinking, invulnerable, and able to move through enemies).

PS I think the game is really good, and like 85% 'there'. It's mostly just little details that currently feel kind of cheap. The aforementioned mortar death loops, the 'fan' pattern from the first boss which is faster than the default car can possibly dodge, things like that. More tweaks than anything.
RobotParking

Post by RobotParking »

A console release is awesome news! Definitely going to double-dip.
moonblood

Post by moonblood »

Bump! Bought this on switch when it became available a couple of days ago (I'm not a PC gamer) and I love pretty much everything about it as I expected :) currently 2nd on the arcade/normal leaderboards, got my first clear yesterday.

Dont know if the dev checks in here still (maybe someone else did the console porting too) but I've had 2 crashes, both when triggering the unlock fights you get when you avoid damage during a boss fight. So I intentionally take damage now during those which is bad for scoring I guess. No complaints other than that, great game!

Oh and I Hope this gets a physical release too, would be cool to have it that way.
It begins in deep space warped by evil power
Pixel Licker

Post by Pixel Licker »

Sorry about the crashes. It is fixed in a patch currently in review by Nintendo. Should be live in the next day or so.