The Pinball Thread

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
ChurchOfSolipsism

Re: The Pinball Thread

Post by ChurchOfSolipsism »

Udderdude wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:24 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA8SSQphytc Texas Chainsaw Massacre trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNtOXywZlk0 Looney Tunes trailer
Texas Chainsaw Massacre looks and sounds really cool. As great as it is that plenty of new pinball companies have cropped up in the 2010s, I'll probably never get to play most of the more obscure stuff in Germany... we mostly get Stern tables.
n0rtygames wrote:[The wife] once asked me "whats a shoryuken?" so I gave her a real life demonstration. Except she was too close on the spin. So I actually SRK'd her. With full vocalisation too...
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

As great as it is that plenty of new pinball companies have cropped up in the 2010s, I'll probably never get to play most of the more obscure stuff in Germany... we mostly get Stern tables.

Unfortunately, the 'boutique' companies are squarely focused on the 'collector' market. Everything is 'limited' and the scarcity is directly proportional to the perceived value (also conditional, which is why very few--if any--of them end up in the hands of amusement rental companies. If your local bar has one, chances are, they own it)

While I understand dems the breaks with niche entertainments. At the same time, I kinda wish a couple of them would join forces and perhaps expand their scope beyond suburban basements.
ChurchOfSolipsism

Post by ChurchOfSolipsism »

m.sniffles.esq wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:05 pm As great as it is that plenty of new pinball companies have cropped up in the 2010s, I'll probably never get to play most of the more obscure stuff in Germany... we mostly get Stern tables.

Unfortunately, the 'boutique' companies are squarely focused on the 'collector' market. Everything is 'limited' and the scarcity is directly proportional to the perceived value (also conditional, which is why very few--if any--of them end up in the hands of amusement rental companies. If your local bar has one, chances are, they own it)

While I understand dems the breaks with niche entertainments. At the same time, I kinda wish a couple of them would join forces and perhaps expand their scope beyond suburban basements.
Sure, and I'm not holding it against them, I'm really happy that a kind of pinball revival has been going on for quite a while now. Still, I'd really like to play the Halloween/ Ultraman and Texas Chainsaw tables... maybe I'll get to visit one of the big pinball conventions sometime, there's one in France. The wife loves France.
n0rtygames wrote:[The wife] once asked me "whats a shoryuken?" so I gave her a real life demonstration. Except she was too close on the spin. So I actually SRK'd her. With full vocalisation too...
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

System Shock is a brand new table being offered on the Pinball FX platform 2/15/2024. Zen is sure on a roll with it much improved Pinball M gaming platform compared it's previous older Pinball FX offerings.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Finally tried out System Shock out on Pinball FX for Switch and Pinball M for Steam Deck. On the U.S. Ninendo eShop site, System Shock pinball table d/l for Pinball FX is a mere $4.97 usd purchase fee. Wow, a full set of five flippers populates the System Shock pinball table itself. It's possible to score a cool million during the first skill shot and two million on the second skill shot (not sure how much is scored on the third skill shot though).
Spoiler
Looks quite impressive if playing with a Switch OLED setup or using an OLED monitor with Steam Deck in dock mode.
Was pleasantly surprised that I was able to d/l the Steam version of Pinball M's System Shock pinball table free of charge as a special gift.

Am ranked at #2 on the Switch leaderboards with the System Shock table and #402 on Steam leaderboards with same pinball table as well.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~