Nanoforce tactical surgeon fighter (pc steam)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Alec44

Nanoforce tactical surgeon fighter (pc steam)

Post by Alec44 »

Hi all, I'm proud to launch my fisrt game Nanoforce tactical surgeon fighter.

"Why tactical"?The gameplay is old school, you can sometime use the background to protect you from bullets, the weapon system is a mix between thunderforce, axelay and radiant silvergun.
You start with the grasper set, it's composed with 4 weapons. But when you pick up a bonus all the set changes in shape and behavior.

For example with a xbox pad when you use the "B" button you shot in front, the "X" you shot backwards, "Y" is set for homing missiles/lasers and "A" fires the special weapon, a strong weapon that reduce ship's speed a bit.

The action is running in a human body, you must save your old partner the major fox, a woman who saves the earth once.
She's infected by a strange virus.

In arcade mode you go through 7 levels, no conversations, no inter-level cinematics and some more ennemies.
In story mode characters are interacting with the player (he can't speak). some hidden paths/levels can be found, they lead to alternative endings.
In green mode, when the gauge is full you get the omni weapon, each hit spawn a cristal it's used to prevent the gauge depletion.

No inertia, no hp bags ennemies, just killing ennemies, setup explosions and go through numerous ennemies waves and sometime big pink/blue patterns!

I am behind the level design, the sound, the graphics, but the game has been created the SHMUP CREATOR a powerful and easy to use shmup engine.

9.99 USD on steam, I hope you'll have fun!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2254 ... n_fighter/
Alec44

Re: Nanoforce tactical surgeon fighter (pc steam)

Post by Alec44 »

Update, respawn duration has been set for a longer duration (asked by players), some sound bugs have been fixed too.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Congratulations on release! Been looking at this slowly develop from the posts/updates from suny. Will share this to my fellow shmuphead friends.
-Fish-

Post by -Fish- »

Congrats! Looks like a really good time!

Quick question: Are there currently any online leaderboards implemented? If not is it possible with the game engine? :)
Alec44

Post by Alec44 »

Thank you!
No, there are no online rankings for the moment.

But with 3 game modes, secrets/bonus/stages/endings.
There is a lot to play!
Lemnear

Post by Lemnear »

The world setting reminds me some sort of Amiga Euroshmups game that never existed and i LOVE it!!!
-Fish-

Post by -Fish- »

Alec44 wrote:Thank you!
No, there are no online rankings for the moment.

But with 3 game modes, secrets/bonus/stages/endings.
There is a lot to play!

Would be nice to see the leaderboards integrated eventually in a future update. The game is wonderful btw! been playing it all evening. :)

Couple other improvements that could also be made in a future patch:

1. After defeating the stage 2 Boss on arcade mode there is a slightly long wait until you see the "zone cleared" graphical alert. Perhaps the wait could be shortened. More of just a nitpick as this is by no means a game breaking bug. :)

2. Restart game option from the pause menu in arcade mode.
Alec44

Post by Alec44 »

Lemnear wrote:The world setting reminds me some sort of Amiga Euroshmups game that never existed and i LOVE it!!!
Thank you but it was not the goal, actually I used my thunderforce passion to built the game! And talking about the weapon system, it's a mix between Rtype and radiant silvergun! :D

But thank you so much!

-Fish- wrote: The game is wonderful btw! been playing it all evening. :)

Couple other improvements that could also be made in a future patch:

I'm so happy!
(for the improvements It's noticed)
-Fish-

Post by -Fish- »

Bugs:

1. When playing arcade mode if you take the hidden path in stage 2 and defeat the secret boss the game suddenly switches to story mode instead of continuing on in arcade mode.

2. In arcade mode at the beginning of Stage 5? (stage after you fight the tentacle boss)e you cannot fire any weapons until you die once.

2. Local leaderboard is not separated by game mode, but perhaps this is intended for now.
Last edited by -Fish- on Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lemnear

Post by Lemnear »

Alec44 wrote:
Lemnear wrote:The world setting reminds me some sort of Amiga Euroshmups game that never existed and i LOVE it!!!
Thank you but it was not the goal, actually I used my thunderforce passion to built the game! And talking about the weapon system, it's a mix between Rtype and radiant silvergun! :D

But thank you so much!
I mean...the "microscopic" menace, reminds me of a very old and forgotten game for Amiga, Venus the Flytrap, but is not a SHMUPS (it have one of the most thrilling and "doom impending" music ever in the Title Screen, also if is only an "Alarm" and only for few seconds, then starts the real music and is not so good :lol: )
Is weird how this setting is perfect for a Shoot'Em Up but few games use it 8)
Alec44

Post by Alec44 »

Ah ok !
I must check it out.

I'm not in love with euroshmups, inertia, little hp bags ennemies....I don't say they are bad but this is another story! :lol:
Alec44

Post by Alec44 »

Update, now a secret boss can be reached in arcade mode in the 3rd stage.
And the long time that occurs at the end of stage 2 is right (I think).

Listen to players.....Listen to players....
Skyknight

Post by Skyknight »

Never mind this Venus the Flytrap. Shouldn’t X-Multiply have come to mind first?
Lemnear

Post by Lemnear »

Skyknight wrote:Never mind this Venus the Flytrap. Shouldn’t X-Multiply have come to mind first?
I don't know X-Multiply :oops: , maybe i read that name in the SHMUPS101 Guide.
Still, "micro-enemies" (nanobots, virus etc.) should be used a little bit more.
Alec44

Post by Alec44 »

Skyknight wrote:Never mind this Venus the Flytrap. Shouldn’t X-Multiply have come to mind first?

And Xmultiply (I love it), there are some ennemies (bosses) they look like demons from Japanese folklore
instead of microscopic creatures!

Nanoforce is born thinking about an episode of the anime "ulysse 31" when the heroes are reduced by a sort of magic artifact.
I can understand that people can think about x-multiply.

I love Irem productions and for example dragon breed got a design a lot more organic/ creepy than xmultiply.
Alec44

Post by Alec44 »

Updates....

The respawn has been fixed (it lasts more than 0.23 seconds), some bad settings and some ennemies explosions/pattern skins have been fixed too!
-Fish-

Post by -Fish- »

Nice job on all the updates. I think I found another long wait at stage end in arcade mode but I will confirm. Was either Stage 4 or 5.

EDIT: Yes at end of Stage 4 after the large blue ship crashes into the mech there is a long pause until stage ends.

Couple more issues I've found:

1. At beginning of Stage 5 in arcade mode you cannot fire any weapons until dieing once.
2. Extra live pickup sound is extremely quiet in arcade mode.
3. Scalpel weapon system SFX is very quiet compared to other weapon systems.
4. When you have ship armour the SFX when being hit and losing 1HP armour is very low.
Alec44

Post by Alec44 »

EDIT: Yes at end of Stage 4 after the large blue ship crashes into the mech there is a long pause until stage ends.

I will fix it !
Couple more issues I've found:

1. At beginning of Stage 5 in arcade mode you cannot fire any weapons until dieing once.
2. Extra live pickup sound is extremely quiet in arcade mode.
3. Scalpel weapon system SFX is very quiet compared to other weapon systems.
4. When you have ship armour the SFX when being hit and losing 1HP armour is very low.
1. fixed
2.3.4. .....in progress!

Thank you for the feedback!
-Fish-

Post by -Fish- »

There seems to be a bug in arcade mode. The next to last stage of the game is somehow being skipped. The music will start to play but then cut off and the loading screen appears again and you go directly to the last stage (boss battle).
Alec44

Post by Alec44 »

Sorry for the very late awnser :

It's normal, if it occurs after the big brain (with a red/black orb), If the player gets enough points the true last Boss/stage can be reached.
Otherwise, the game goes to the end. (in story mode the game offers a choice)

I will update with some minor changes (the water effect will be enhanced if the player goes into water for example) and correcting some little bugs related to sprite priority

Thanks to all the players, I know the game seems difficult but don't give up this is an illusion (there are defensive items and 1up hidden) and the weapon system (even the basic defaut shots) is powerful enough !
Alec44

Post by Alec44 »

Little teaser about new levels , a new path will be aviable soon with progressive variation of the first stages.

I hope players will have fun with it.

Aviable end 2023/early2024 for free for those who bought the game...

Level 1
Level 2
Level 3
Level 4
Level 5
Level 6
Alec44

Post by Alec44 »

The 1.3 is out with new levels/bosses.
No dlc, just an update of the main game.

With a revamped selection menu more than 7 levels in the new game mode "B-plan", two new weapon sets.

To buy the game, it's here :
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2254 ... n_fighter/