Batsugun, FixEight, Tiger Heli, and Vimana Coming to Steam / GOG

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Tokyo-J

Batsugun, FixEight, Tiger Heli, and Vimana Coming to Steam / GOG

Post by Tokyo-J »

Batsugun, FixEight, Tiger Heli, and Vimana Coming to Steam / GOG as part of Bitwave Games' Toaplan Arcade Shoot 'Em Up Collection Vol. 3. February 1st. Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5jIYx43A_U

Source

https://www.gematsu.com/2024/01/batsugu ... february-1
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
Tokyo-J

Re: Batsugun, FixEight, Tiger Heli, and Vimana Coming to Steam / GOG

Post by Tokyo-J »

m.sniffles.esq wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:13 pm Really?
Second release for Batsugun after the S-Tribute as well.
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
DietSoap

Post by DietSoap »

Did they ever fix the first batch of games?
spmbx

Post by spmbx »

DietSoap wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:39 pm Did they ever fix the first batch of games?
no
Steven

Post by Steven »

Fuck yeah, Vimana and Tiger-Heli!
Spoiler
Fuck no, Vimana with ruined audio...
Meriscan

Post by Meriscan »

Carefully optimistic about this one. It's great so many of Toaplan's games are getting released on the most accessible platform we have right now. And I've heard the previous batch of ports aren't as terrible anymore, but still short of what people have come to expect from modern ports.
Steven

Post by Steven »

The autofire features are terrible to the point where I ended up having to resort to using external autofire on a controller in addition to the provided autofire, Tatsujin's music still doesn't work properly 11 months after release, there is audio noise in some of the music (highly noticeable in Against The Attack in Hishouzame), the sound effects are completely broken in every single game, Out Zone is still missing the best version of the complete ROM, and the enemies in Twin Cobra still don't spawn properly even though they spawn properly in Kyuukyoku Tiger.

Other than that, the previous releases are mostly okay. They also don't stay in sync with my PCBs even when using the original speeds for whatever reason, but apparently this is hard to do in software emulation unless you are M2.

Also, I have never seen this Tiger-Heli art before. I wonder where they got it.

qmish

Post by qmish »

spmbx wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:42 pm no
didn't they have, like, 5-6 updates each?
RobHimself

Post by RobHimself »

Has anyone raised these problems on Bitwave's Discord server? They've been pretty communicative in my experience.

And like the guy above me posted, these games have gone thru a number of updates. Does the latest update to them still have the issues?