Batsugun S-Tribute

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
BurlyHeart

Re: Batsugun S-Tribute

Post by BurlyHeart »

I was gifted a copy of this and having a lot of fun with it. I've heard about the input lag but I'm finding it fine in all honesty.

So the default display option (Normal (Trimming)) seems to hide half your ship behind the lives/bomb HUD at the bottom of the screen. Are the default settings correct? I've never seen has this on any other replay.
Spoiler
I managed to fix it in the menu under Game Settings > Screen Mode > Arcade (Screen Rotate) and a different menu option called Screen Settings set to Full Screen.

EDIT: Also A and B, as well as X and Y, seem to be reversed for some reason :?:
Now known as old man|Burly
YouTube
Shmup Difficulty Lists:
Japan Arcade - To Far Away Times - Perikles
TransatlanticFoe

Post by TransatlanticFoe »

That's how it works on the Saturn version in yoko. Top of the screen is cut off, bottom has the status screen over it (pretty sure you can toggle hiding it). The option you've used is custom to this port - it runs it in the Saturn port's tate mode (which is full screen 3:4 as per the arcade original) and then rotates it.
BurlyHeart

Post by BurlyHeart »

TransatlanticFoe wrote:That's how it works on the Saturn version in yoko. Top of the screen is cut off, bottom has the status screen over it (pretty sure you can toggle hiding it). The option you've used is custom to this port - it runs it in the Saturn port's tate mode (which is full screen 3:4 as per the arcade original) and then rotates it.
Thank you! That makes perfect sense. Great inclusion then to be fair.
Now known as old man|Burly
YouTube
Shmup Difficulty Lists:
Japan Arcade - To Far Away Times - Perikles
denpanosekai

Post by denpanosekai »

denpanosekai wrote:Quick question about the Asian release of Batsugun: Does it have English or Chinese text on the spine?

(Both Raiden 3 and 4 on PS4 have Chinese)
Asking one last time
Marc

Post by Marc »

English, in a weirdly spaced and small font.
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
kayagayasati

Post by kayagayasati »

I know play-Asia has an English version, but is
Limited Run Games still putting out an English version, or was that one of their canceled projects? Anyone got any update about on the LRG version?
Bear78

Post by Bear78 »

kayagayasati wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:43 am I know play-Asia has an English version, but is
Limited Run Games still putting out an English version, or was that one of their canceled projects? Anyone got any update about on the LRG version?
I asked Josh from LRG on some clarification on this on twitter and it sounds like all the canceled stuff was stuff that has not been announced in any capacity yet. See my tweet and his response: https://twitter.com/Bear078/status/1677 ... 20141?s=20
shirorm

Post by shirorm »

The Xbox version arrived in the west yesterday.
What a wonderful game!
Thank you CC for the energetic Arrange Mix OST
Steven

Post by Steven »

This got a patch a few days ago, although the patch notes are identical to the previous patch notes, so no idea what it does.
SeafoamGaming

Post by SeafoamGaming »

Steven wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:28 am This got a patch a few days ago, although the patch notes are identical to the previous patch notes, so no idea what it does.
On Steam? Hmm... Wonder if it fixed that irritating quirk where the app will crash if you go into the leaderboard section and back out of it (at least on steam deck, where it always does this). Otherwise the game is pretty solid as is so it may just be a small fix like that/usual steam shader stuff
Lemnear

Post by Lemnear »

Is out in my country finally! Well...two things catches me more than other.
1) That extremely high pitched sound, typical of Toaplan games (is very loud!).
2) Bullet Pattern that are particular, not the unusual "dodge bewteen the Bullet Hell" but more "Dodge Rapid Fire Gust".
Idk how to explain it...but is weirldy entertaining in a different way.

PS: is very hard but much more satisfying than other SHMUPS.
Manualmartin

Post by Manualmartin »

Bear78 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:29 pm
kayagayasati wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:43 am I know play-Asia has an English version, but is
I asked Josh from LRG on some clarification on this on twitter and it sounds like all the canceled stuff was stuff that has not been announced in any capacity yet. See my tweet and his response: https://twitter.com/Bear078/status/1677 ... 20141?s=20
It’s coming, retail release, more info will follow.
hamfighterx

Post by hamfighterx »

shirorm wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:07 amThank you CC for the energetic Arrange Mix OST
I've been listening to the Arranged soundtrack quite a bit recently, and it's really worth calling out as a standout. Kinda love the approach where they gave each guest composer a stage BGM + the same stage's boss theme.

Stage 1: Daisuke Matsumoto
Stage 2 (and ship select screen): Yosuke Yasui. The stage music (Skim the Surface of the Sea) is easily my favorite track on the arrange, really shows off that distinctive Yasui sound - Eschatos vibes in the best way.
Stage 3 (and game ending BGM): HAGANE
Stage 4: WASi303
Stage 5: Shinji Hosoe - stage music is another really strong one, from SamplingMasters MEGA himself

WASi303 did the other miscellaneous arranged tracks: stage clear music, name entry, continue screen, and game over screen.

Really cool that you can set any or all of the new arrange tracks in-game, and the retail box for this one was well worth it to me for the soundtrack CDs.
TransatlanticFoe

Post by TransatlanticFoe »

Haven't seen any mentions of the Western physical release since City Connection's original announcement. Clear River Games don't list it on their website, but do have a bunch of upcoming games on there like the new Truxton and Rushing Beat.

With both Clear River and Limited Run being under Embracer, I wonder if it's been shelved entirely due to their recent cost-cutting? There isn't even a placeholder Amazon page, so doesn't look like it's happening :(
Jucksalbe

Post by Jucksalbe »

Clear River Games can be a bit weird. With their Akai Katana release I wasn't even sure it was coming out on the day Amazon listed as the release date. It wasn't mentioned on their official site (it is now), they didn't mention the release on their Twitter account, there just wasn't any official information and still it shipped. So, who knows what's going on with Batsugun.
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

Upon updating my MiSTer, I noticed that there was a patched ISO of the Saturn version of this, with the City Connection soundtrack.
It's OK, but I feel like I'm at a rave ready to pass out on drugs.

I hope someone is able to rip the EXA Label version, and insert it in the ISO. I find it to be much more fitting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvhaAhNWkSU
maximo310

Post by maximo310 »

evil_ash_xero wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:55 am Upon updating my MiSTer, I noticed that there was a patched ISO of the Saturn version of this, with the City Connection soundtrack.

I hope someone is able to rip the EXA Label version, and insert it in the ISO. I find it to be much more fitting.

As cool as that would be, it's probably pretty unlikely. I asked Exa a while back if there was a way to purchase the Gimmick arrange OST, and was told "No" on the spot.
spmbx

Post by spmbx »

Doesn't batsugun exa have a soundtest option? It doesn't seem like a huge effort to capture a few tracks and put them in an iso?
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

maximo310 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:55 pm
evil_ash_xero wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:55 am Upon updating my MiSTer, I noticed that there was a patched ISO of the Saturn version of this, with the City Connection soundtrack.

As cool as that would be, it's probably pretty unlikely. I asked Exa a while back if there was a way to purchase the Gimmick arrange OST, and was told "No" on the spot.
They seem really, really worried about piracy. Hopefully someone with the cart will one day pull it off of it. I think we'll be waiting a long time though.

Maybe if M2 ever get around to releasing a Shottriggers version of it, maybe they'll have an even better version of the OST.