Sophstar - Steam / Switch / Xbox / PS4 / PS5

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
beer gas canister

Re: Sophstar - Steam / Switch / Xbox / PS4 / PS5

Post by beer gas canister »

Can confirm it runs and looks great on Switch, not laggy at all
SPM

Post by SPM »

Thanks! Do you know if that bug on Switch was fixed?
a bug on the training mode where when you choose a boss on the hyper mode you fight the normal mode boss instead of the hyper one so there's no way to practice against the hyper bosses
"There are three possible endings: the good one, the bad one and death" - Locomalito, Super Hydorah
Sima Tuna

Post by Sima Tuna »

This game is really fun and plays well on switch, but I am bad at it. I keep accidentally running into or teleporting into bullets. The lack of a true screen clear removes a training wheel other shmups give you.
Leander

Post by Leander »

Sima Tuna wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:06 am This game is really fun and plays well on switch, but I am bad at it. I keep accidentally running into or teleporting into bullets. The lack of a true screen clear removes a training wheel other shmups give you.
At least one ship does have a true screen clear - try the Dumont ship.
Personally I found the Arobe-D ship to be the most beginner friendly. Here's my 1cc from last month: https://youtu.be/MzoEpGTDj5E
Sima Tuna

Post by Sima Tuna »

Leander wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:54 am
Sima Tuna wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:06 am This game is really fun and plays well on switch, but I am bad at it. I keep accidentally running into or teleporting into bullets. The lack of a true screen clear removes a training wheel other shmups give you.
At least one ship does have a true screen clear - try the Dumont ship.
Personally I found the Arobe-D ship to be the most beginner friendly. Here's my 1cc from last month: https://youtu.be/MzoEpGTDj5E
Damn, dude, you even commentated it! Big ups for the effort! I will definitely be checking this out to get an idea how the 1cc goes. I was using the "wide" ship mostly.
ATTRACTS

Post by ATTRACTS »

Been playing shmups hardcore for the last 35+ years, I have to say I'm really enjoying Sophstar. Wasn't sure what to expect and bought it blindly after taking a few months off of this forum and I played it over the entirety of the Thanksgiving 4 day weekend, really well done. Someone mentioned "loathing" the teleport mechanic but I find myself using it in every run. Selecting the ship that leaves a firing ghost copy and dumping it in front of bosses while I dodge bullets has been a joy. Great mix of challenge, pleasing ships/enemy designs and variety. Well done.
Shatterhand

Post by Shatterhand »

SPM wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:26 pm Thanks! Do you know if that bug on Switch was fixed?
a bug on the training mode where when you choose a boss on the hyper mode you fight the normal mode boss instead of the hyper one so there's no way to practice against the hyper bosses
It's right now being worked on by the guys who made the Switch port.
Been playing shmups hardcore for the last 35+ years, I have to say I'm really enjoying Sophstar. Wasn't sure what to expect and bought it blindly after taking a few months off of this forum and I played it over the entirety of the Thanksgiving 4 day weekend, really well done. Someone mentioned "loathing" the teleport mechanic but I find myself using it in every run. Selecting the ship that leaves a firing ghost copy and dumping it in front of bosses while I dodge bullets has been a joy. Great mix of challenge, pleasing ships/enemy designs and variety. Well done.
Really, really glad you enjoyed it :)
Nugs

Post by Nugs »

I love all the extra content as well with the missions and the various time/score attack modes.