"Taito Ending" / Bad ending Appreciation thread

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Randorama

Re: "Taito Ending" or Bad ending Appreciation thread

Post by Randorama »

copy-paster wrote:
Randorama wrote:Honestly, when I first saw the endings of Liquid Kids and The New Zealand Story, I was deeply perplexed ("What? We win? With Taito?!").
I saw that New Zealand one and yeah it's still an bad ending, your fellows faced an unknown fate. :cry:
Well, the ending tells the player that Tiki (the 1P Kiwi) goes on to rescue each kidnapped sibling and finally saves his beloved Phee-Phee :wink:
Same thing for Liquid Kids, too.

The greatest mystery still remains, though:

...why Taito dedicated a whole game to New Zealand? And why no rugby and sailing references, since the game is set in NZ? :wink:

Jokes aside, a whole thread could be dedicated to Taito's cutesy games and their wacky settings.
Chomsky, Buckminster Fuller, Yunus and Glass would have played Battle Garegga, for sure.
Lander

Re: "Taito Ending" / Bad ending Appreciation thread

Post by Lander »

The thread stirs.
Something... Is not as it was.

I see you there, shadowy perpetrator! Your ninja edit would have escaped undetected, if not for RETROACTIVE NOTIFICATION NO RYUU! ┬┴┬┴┤`w´)
cj iwakura

Re: "Taito Ending" / Bad ending Appreciation thread

Post by cj iwakura »

Boy would you all love Yoko Taro's writing, especially Drakengard and Nier...

He even had a bit when he told everyone during an interview that death was inevitable anyway, so everything has a 'bad ending' after the credits roll. :lol:
heli wrote:Why is milestone director in prison ?, are his game to difficult ?
BIL

We Have To Struggle For Our Future Against Our Doubt

Post by BIL »

Reminded of the OG Snatcher ending, where it wraps at Junker HQ. Authentic future noir, a bleak lonely struggle on. Image Image

Specifically via the OST version of "Beyond Sorrows," where Snatcher taunts Gillian on the futility of man with his goofy robovoice after Gillian blow he head off Image *bzzt bzzzt*