ZPF on megadrive

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
fireflame

ZPF on megadrive

Post by fireflame »

I have been checking to see if there was a thread about this game on the forum but the search engine doesn't fid it, so I am going to assume there aren't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXwltySdqdU

The music is composed by Jamie Vance, the game designer is Gryzor, programmer is Mikael Tillander.

I found the information on MO5.com:https://mag.mo5.com/actu/186673/zpf-un- ... ega-drive/
dark

Re: ZPF on megadrive

Post by dark »

Looks great, very impressive for a megadrive/genesis game. Is it a commercial product?
fireflame

Post by fireflame »

dark wrote:Looks great, very impressive for a megadrive/genesis game. Is it a commercial product?
They don't mention but Mikael Tillander worked on Mega Cat Studio Collections 1 which was a homebrew cardridge.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

fireflame wrote:
dark wrote:Looks great, very impressive for a megadrive/genesis game. Is it a commercial product?
They don't mention but Mikael Tillander worked on Mega Cat Studio Collections 1 which was a homebrew cardridge.
Mikael Tillander worked on Tanzer in that collection, which is a homebrew MD game and awesome! It's also available on MD cart. It was mentioned here a few times too.
kid aphex

Post by kid aphex »

FRO

Post by FRO »

The demo is quite promising! I spent time with all 3 ships and all 3 selectable stages, and I like the direction this is going. I don't suspect it will unseat the absolute best Genesis/MD shooters as king, but it certainly looks to position itself a lot closer to the top of the pile than even some of the venerable titles on the console.
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Did the upcoming Genesis STG of "Genesis Metal Fury: Irena" ever get finished? It's still listed on the Mega Cat Studios site.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
spmbx

Post by spmbx »

PC Engine Fan X! wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:32 pm Did the upcoming Genesis STG of "Genesis Metal Fury: Irena" ever get finished? It's still listed on the Mega Cat Studios site.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
It's apparently still being worked on
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wh ... ts/3901599
spmbx

Post by spmbx »

Spent some time with it this weekend, pretty solid demo that runs great. The style looks pretty cool. The sound was a bit underwhelming when i looked at it on youtube but in gameplay it didnt bother me and was absolutely fine for me. I did have a problem with the bullets being a little too hard to spot sometimes (for example the blue bullets on the blue background in stage1, etc). And had a crash once where the background disappeared just before gameover and the game froze. All in all it looks pretty promising and i'd definitely support it if they offer a rom download option.
gradiusscrub69

Post by gradiusscrub69 »

I know what I'm playing when I finish my movie :wink:
Dale

Post by Dale »

Is there a way to buy a digital version? Like pay money to get a rom? Or a normal pc release?
I did great so much water and milk that I threw up when I was little.
FRO

Post by FRO »

Dale wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:44 pm Is there a way to buy a digital version? Like pay money to get a rom? Or a normal pc release?
It hasn't been released in full yet, only the demo. I'm not sure if they'll be selling a ROM release or doing a PC version, but I believe I heard somewhere that modern console and/or PC versions would be part of the release schedule, so we'll have to wait and see.