Seller in Canada ships in the US but declines package forwarding services, someone may help ?

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
lovecraft

Seller in Canada ships in the US but declines package forwarding services, someone may help ?

Post by lovecraft »

Hello guys, if someone has time to help me out about this matter:

I would like to buy from a Canadian buddy on eBay who ships in the US, but he cancels the sale and refunds without notice when he sees the US delivery address is a package forwarding service address :?
Someone in the US may make the transaction and forward the item to my location in France (of course I'll send all the money required in advance) ?

lovecraft

Re: Seller in Canada ships in the US but declines package forwarding services, someone may help ?

Post by lovecraft »

Offering a free Guwange PCB for the service ! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

(...naaaahhh kidding !)
BareKnuckleRoo

Re: Seller in Canada ships in the US but declines package forwarding services, someone may help ?

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Is your Canadian friend's item actually in Canada at the moment? If that's the case someone in Canada could also easily act as a third party forwarder between Canada and France, right?
lovecraft

Post by lovecraft »

BareKnuckleRoo wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:43 pm Is your Canadian friend's item actually in Canada at the moment? If that's the case someone in Canada could also easily act as a third party forwarder between Canada and France, right?
He proposes shipping for US only / and only "pick-up" for the whole Canada territory... Strange.
So I suppose it's better I may find someone in the US to make the transaction ?
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

If the item he's shipping is physically in Canada it shouldn't be that bad to ship it using a national service like Purolator. If he's offering pickup, whereabouts is he? In the Toronto area by chance?
lovecraft

Post by lovecraft »

I bought and paid the item, used my usual forward service address in FL. But for some reason he kept my money for a couple of days, then suddenly cancelled and refunded the transaction without notice, no message, recorded the cancellation in eBay for "incorrect shipping address"...and immediately relisted the item ! Very frustrating.. :?
So I guess he saw in my profile I was registered in France, and he figured out my US shipping address is from a package-forwarding company.
lovecraft

Post by lovecraft »

BareKnuckleRoo wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:58 pm If the item he's shipping is physically in Canada it shouldn't be that bad to ship it using a national service like Purolator. If he's offering pickup, whereabouts is he? In the Toronto area by chance?
He's in Alberta, Canada
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Got it, I understand, so the only reason it went to the US (or was supposed to go to the US) was because you have a forwarding service you've worked with in the US.

Is he willing to ship via Purolator or FedEx (commonly used courier services in Canada) to Ontario? Or Canada Post works too (but takes longer). Not UPS please, UPS service in this area absolutely sucks.
lovecraft

Post by lovecraft »

BareKnuckleRoo wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:11 pm Got it, I understand, so the only reason it went to the US (or was supposed to go to the US) was because you have a forwarding service you've worked with in the US.

Is he willing to ship via Purolator or FedEx (commonly used courier services in Canada) to Ontario? Or Canada Post works too (but takes longer). Not UPS please, UPS service in this area absolutely sucks.
I asked him about shipping, but he did not even reply... I suppose he would reply only to NA customers ?
lovecraft

Post by lovecraft »

I have found a forwarding service in Canada called "ShipByMail", and I can ask them to shop it for me... But I will pay immediately shopping service fees before the transaction is concluded. And if the guy declines the order again, ShipByMail will refund the cost of the item, but not the service fees, so I'm afraid to take the risk
Bratwurst

Post by Bratwurst »

What is the item? I'm in the east coast US I could probably help you.
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

lovecraft wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:02 pm He's in Alberta, Canada
Alberta is Canada's Texas, cowboys with oil money. I don't know if that's why this person won't ship internationally, but one may run into the occasional person from there with unusual ideas about the world combined with a stubborn streak. The current provincial premier subscribes to all sorts of silly conspiracies about vaccines and the World Economic Forum.