Forza Motorsport 2023

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
PC Engine Fan X!

Forza Motorsport 2023

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Downloaded the Steam version of Forza Motorsport on my Steam Deck and it stays stuck at the title screen. Is there a way to get it run properly on it? I d/l'ed the Steam Premium Version of FM which is a whopping 117+ gb.

On the Series S, it's a 97+ gb d/l and on the Series X, it's a 132+ gb d/l as well. It runs at 60 fps framrate in "Performance Mode" with both console setups and can be played directly from a Seagate 1tb expansion card without any problems (and has an option to run at a 30 fps framerate with ray tracing enabled if running on a Series X setup which the Series S can't pull off anyways as it's severely underpowered to do it).

Developer Turn 10 spent six years working on this eighth FM racing game and yet, no splitscreen option is nowhere to be found. Couldn't the Series X be able run FM in 1440p or 4K at 120 fps framerate? The heat rising from the top of the Series X when running FM in 60 fps mode does run quite hot indeed (makes me wonder if the factory installed stock cooling fan on a Series X is adequate enough when playing it for a lengthy session).

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
To Far Away Times

Re: Forza Motorsport 2023

Post by To Far Away Times »

Played this a bit yesterday.

Was really looking forward to it, but kinda bored by the progression. Nothing has a sense of urgency. It's weird because at one point I was all about sim racing games in the early PS1/PS2 Gran Turismo days.

I really like Forza Horizon 4 and 5 though, those are some of my favorite racing games ever.
sunnshiner

Re: Forza Motorsport 2023

Post by sunnshiner »

To Far Away Times wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:39 am Played this a bit yesterday.

Was really looking forward to it, but kinda bored by the progression. Nothing has a sense of urgency.
That's the thing I found with Forza games (I've only played up to FM4 and FH2 on the 360 so I'm not exactly up to date). You can pretty much buy what you want pretty quickly and, well, it just makes the game feel a bit empty no matter how pretty it is or how much 'content' there is. There's no real sense of progression, dunno what the answer is because I really fucking hate the license system in Gran Turismo.

Meh. I'm hardly the arbiter of what's good though, I'd rather play Sega Rally or Daytona :lol: