RayCrisis (AC,PS1,PC,iOS,Android,PS4,NS)

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Carmen

Re: RayCrisis (AC,PS1,PC,iOS,Android,PS4,NS)

Post by Carmen »

Update, new PB! Finally broke the 11m "barrier" :D

Carmen / CSK / 11 016 580 / WR-02R / 22 / 12 / A |S S B+| / 62 / AC (PS4)

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqtGEeo4FHA

I am finally understanding the power of save state practicing only two decades after everybody else here. :oops: Stage 2 needs a bit of refining (it is possible to get 700k from the robots prior to Sem-loke with a well-placed RD from my research) and not dying would have helped, while missing the Hyper Laser on the second flying enemy prevented me from keeping Encroachment low enough for an A rank in Stage 3 (still haven't figured out how to get an S there... doesn't seem to be enough enemies? Unless the technique is to cause a lot of missiles to appear on screen, as missiles seem to count towards Encroachment... maybe?) And of course, I clearly don't know what to do against Infinity, yet. I'll be referring to your video, EmperorIng, for tips. :lol:

The 1cc is feeling closer than ever before though! I have actually made it through the Dishuman fight without dying a few times during save state practice, so hopefully I'll have more in reserve against Infinity in future runs.
"Mercy on the Earth"

三十六計走為上策
Jaimers

Post by Jaimers »

Jaimers / JRS / 18 772 050 / WR-01R / 05 / 0 / S |S S S| / 62 / AC (PS4)
Spoiler
Video

Good game.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Really nice replay! The commentary is also quite trying to suss out why you were bombing/locking when.

I really need to be more methodical with the game; I leave far too much score on the table in the name of safe quick-kills.
Carmen

Post by Carmen »

Updated! Great video - especially slick use of Lock-On to maximise points. I also see you're on top of the PS4 leaderboards, congrats!

Raycrisis is indeed a good game. It really feels like something ahead of its time with the emphasis on a quick playtime with many changing variables so that each session can feel entirely fresh. There's so much in this game that I feel I'm still learning more information about it from Vangluon's guide and other sources. I'm really thinking after I get skilled enough I'll reach out to him and see how he'd feel about me helping out with a translation of his materials into English.

I really need to get back to the game soon... so close to that 1cc. Once I finish my current binge of 13 Sentinels, I'll get back into it...
"Mercy on the Earth"

三十六計走為上策