Is Pocky & Rocky Reshrined on Steam censored like on Switch?

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
greg

Is Pocky & Rocky Reshrined on Steam censored like on Switch?

Post by greg »

I don't have a Switch and want to get this on Steam. It gets a Platinum rating on Proton, so it'll work great on my Linux computer. I'm hoping it isn't censored.
Undamned is the leading English-speaking expert on the consolized UD-CPS2 because he's the one who made it.
Mortificator

Re: Is Pocky & Rocky Reshrined on Steam censored like on Swi

Post by Mortificator »

I laughed at the topic title, like, what is there to censor about Pocky & Rocky? Did Rocky finally imitate his racoon brethren and go balls out?

Searching about it, ew... It's one of those things where I agree with the complainers in abstract, but whining about the "artistic integrity" of a half-inch of anime booba on a character that barely appears is soooo pathetic.
RegalSin wrote:You can't even drive across the country Naked anymore
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

Mortificator wrote: of a half-inch of anime booba on a character that barely appears is soooo pathetic.
It's always about the principle. You give localizers an inch and they take a fuckin' mile. Grown to despite 'em myself.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
greg

Post by greg »

I found a thread on censoring on this game's Steam forum, scrolled through the bickering, and saw that it is not censored. Apparently it was censored by the company that ported it to the NA Switch, not Steam. I figured it wouldn't be, since the Steam games are just one download and you switch the language within the game. There are no different versions of games to download. From my knowledge, the game has the playable character who is patterned after a Japanese goddess with cleavage exposed, and also a tanuki with large testicles (you see these depictions anywhere in Japan). Censored for the stupidest reasons.

Just like when Assault Suits Valken was ported as Cybernator and the suicide scene was cut out. Or the man in Chrono Trigger who is avoiding his family in the tavern all the time because just can't stop drinking "soda," or Celes's suicide attempt in FF6 when she jumped off a cliff and it was changed to something like "take a refreshing jump into the ocean" or some crap like that. I am not a fan of censorship.
Undamned is the leading English-speaking expert on the consolized UD-CPS2 because he's the one who made it.
BurlyHeart

Post by BurlyHeart »

That's a lot of spoilers in one sentence.
Now known as old man|Burly
YouTube
Shmup Difficulty Lists:
Japan Arcade - To Far Away Times - Perikles
greg

Post by greg »

BurlyHeart wrote:That's a lot of spoilers in one sentence.
DUN-DUN-DUNNNNN!