Mecha Ritz: Steel Rondo 2.0

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
KaiNeko

Mecha Ritz: Steel Rondo 2.0

Post by KaiNeko »

Hello! This is my first post on this forum despite using the website for years. Let me know if I'm doing anything incorrectly.

I've been having tons of fun recently with the 2.0 update of Mecha Ritz: Steel Rondo but since there is no built in online leaderboard it's hard to know how well I'm doing compared to others which makes score chasing less exciting. I started a leaderboard in the Steam discussion forum but it's quite inactive. I don't know how active this forum is at the moment or if anyone is playing the 2.0 update but for anyone that is, I look forward to seeing how you do and discussing the many quirks of this masterpiece of a game.

I'll borrow some of the formatting from Squire Grooktook's 2016 post

Code: Select all

Name - Score - Stage
Ship* - Starting Rank* - Total Rank*
Fields marked with an Asterisk are optional.

High Scores

Code: Select all

1. Lethe - 41,673,123 - ALL-V
B2 (BLUE') - 0 - 1569
Route 2B3B4B5B, slowdown off

2. Kai - 33,061,677 - ALL-V
C1 (Green) - 300 - 2283
Route 2B3B4B5B
Last edited by KaiNeko on Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
KaiNeko

Re: Mecha Ritz: Steel Rondo 2.0

Post by KaiNeko »

Kai - 33,061,677 - ALL (Veloce2)
C1 (Green) - 300 - 2283

I love the green ship for its defensive properties. When releasing the charge attack you become invulnerable until it ends. This means the longer you charge the longer you can be invulnerable. It's a perfect ability for breaking all of those sweet bonuses hiding in the depths of the boss hit boxes.

For this run I chose all of the B route stages (I guess it's C for stage 5). I've become aware that the all clear bonus can be extremely high if you activate a certain easter egg making it fairly easy to get a very high score. I personally don't think we need to worry too much about categorization of run types for ranking since there are so many options but any run using the easter egg should probably be in a different category.

Here's a video of the run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DpXh3CUHK0
Last edited by KaiNeko on Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Seems someone made this thread after all, just took it a month to get noticed...

Here are some runs by YGP for reference to show off what's possible:
YELLOW', 2A3A4A5A (secret), 60,621,605
GLAY, 2A3B4B5B, 96,735,807
YELLOW', 2B3B4B5B, 112,339,460
Looks like there's quite a bit of leeway in the counterstop providing you go really fast, score enough to get the final extend, and never die.

Casual submission to demonstrate how finishing more quickly with more lives is more important than rank, or really anything else. (I still died twice)
Lethe - 41,673,123 - ALL-V
B2 (BLUE') - 0 - 1569
Route 2B3B4B5B, slowdown off
Spoiler
KaiNeko

Post by KaiNeko »

The run that went above the score counter is pretty impressive. I didn't realize the yellow2 ship could be used like that, both firing the ranged weapon and pretty consistently having the slow field up. I also noticed in the video that the alternate bomb (which I never use) was used a lot. I'm assuming that's because it gives more i-frames?

It's a little disappointing to discover that the sweet bonuses and the boss bonuses are not very important for scoring optimally since they are the most fun way to score for me (I'll probably just keep doing the fun strats but I was hoping to see interesting strategies for the boss bonuses in peoples videos).