RQ: Psyvariar II - PS-2 How Unlock Level 6...

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
ST Dragon
Banned User

RQ: Psyvariar II - PS-2 How Unlock Level 6...

Post by ST Dragon »

Recently I completed Psyvariar II – Ultimate Final on the PS-2, both normal & Hard mode, but I was not able to unlock the 6th level (Level 6 is listed in one of the level mode menus).
I have tried increasing the weapon level with the buzz system, but alas the games ends once I defeat the level 5 Boss and all it shows is the ending credits. (No ending Animation or cut-scene)

So, what am I doing wrong and how do I unlock the 6th level?
Gamefaqs has no guide for this game.
I suspect that I have to reach a certain power-up level buzz-point…?

Same problem in Psyvariar Complete Edition, I could not unlock all levels, nor all possible alternative routes.

Please any help will appreciate.
Thanks in advance.
Saint Dragon - AMIGA - Jaleco 1989

"In the first battle against the Guardian's weapons, created with Vasteel Technology, humanity suffered a crushing defeat."
Thunder Force V
fl0w

Post by fl0w »

Zach maintains the "Strategy Board Index" which is the first topic in the Strategy section (thank you, Zach!). Go there, look for Psyvariar 2 and get Saurian's guide!
np: Image
Zach Keene

Post by Zach Keene »

Well, in fairness to ST Dragon, it's not really obvious that you'd find it in this thread just by looking at the index.
ST Dragon
Banned User

Post by ST Dragon »

Thanks guys!

"In the first battle against the Guardian's weapons, created with Vasteel Technology, humanity suffered a crushing defeat."
Thunder Force V
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

I have problem i've beaten area 5 with 350 level AND i can't go to area 6 :/ what happened? really i must have every level the transformation? of course i used shooting type because buzz type drives angry from me!
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Two possibilities I can think of...

1) You got enough levels, but didn't spread them out over each stage enough, since you have to actually have activated the final transformation to make it to the last level. If you don't transform enough times in the first few levels, even if you score really high later on you won't make it, since you can only transform "up" once at the end of every level.

2) You continued at some point, I think you need to finish all the levels before 6 in one credit to get there.
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

Thanks for the help magnetbullet and saurian for very accurate guide!
Today i completed area 6! after 7 months of training finally i beaten last boss!

Yeah and all shmups rock!
ST Dragon
Banned User

Post by ST Dragon »

So, did you have to 1'CC the 1st 5 levels (without continuing), in order to reach level 6, or not?

Thunder Force V
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

OF course no

Only way to access area 6 is transforming nearly every level!