SP Review: My First Date RPG - Elliot (PS4|5)

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Sturmvogel Prime

SP Review: My First Date RPG - Elliot (PS4|5)

Post by Sturmvogel Prime »

TRASHFALL FINAL III: THE THIRD IDIOCY (PART I)
A DATE WITH STUPIDITY

The third chapter of Trashfall Final has just begun.
Like the second chapter, the one who opens this saga of trash gaming is the Lord of Trash Gaming himself, Myron Kevan Tynes Jr. A.K.A. Breakthrough Gaming, A.K.A. Project: Summer Ice, A.K.A. Execute Code.
This time is My First Date RPG: Elliot (Story One).

R-Typing, watch Top Gun Maverick and buy an XL-07 I guess.

Myron re-released another of his old projects. This one is the "Other side of the story" which Oriana left off, but seen from Elliot's perspective. Unfortunately for the rest of the world, we all lose *Game Over tune from R-Type Final 2 plays*, and to add insult to injury, salt to the wound, Bydo to the Earth, this is also another "Ongoing Story" as it is splitted in parts.
Let's go with the gameplay. God help us all...

Trash installation is complete. You Suck.

The first thing to do is very similar to Oriana: Find what to wear. On this case is only the bag, then you have to leave the room. Zero strategy involved in this part of the game and not even a justification 'cos there's no status to rise with that. So we have one aspect of the term RPG killed off here.

I told him "Bydogen Flakes™", not All-Bran®.

Believe it or not, the gameplay is almost non-existant 'cos the rest is navigating through dialogues 90% of the game and throughout them, the character is basically in "Auto-pilot", so you only have to press the X button mindlessly until you're finally able to move for the final moments of the game, which means go to the park and meet Oriana, then it's "To Be Continued", buy the next chapter, you've got all the trophies of this shit, time to uninstall it once and for all.
Zero lore, zero exploration, zero combat, zero treasures, the term RPG is non-existant in this game. A step back in the concept of a game.

Sorry, but the Holy Spirit wasn't meant to be a Casanova guide.

The game ends with a biblical lesson about asking God for help on your first date and using the Holy Spirit if you're a Christian. I don't think God should be happy for those words. I'm sure God and the Holy Spirit were ment as a spiritual guide for more important things in life, while dating is more of a matter of luck. You win the girl's heart with time and effort or you're out, is like Baseball: Home Run or Strike Out.

Well, the graphic aspects. The scenery is once again very impressive. For Breakthrough Gaming standards, is on the professional range, a clear proof that Myron can indeed do a solid looking game with low effort. If the Arcade series had these graphics they would had a redeeming quality despite their trash gameplay. The original PC port had better character sprites and portraits, while the PS4 version was ruined for some unknown reason. The 16-32 Bit like sprites were replaced with horrible 8 bit ones and the character portraits look like shit like those from the Bowling series.
I mean. Dude, you really need to RE-WORK the PS4 ports of My First Date RPG. They look graphically good, they didn't needed any changes and those 8-bit like sprites are the WORST.
The music itself is recycled from this previous games like Bowling and Lent The Easter Bunny. Seriously, these games need new and larger tracks if Breakthrough Gaming wants to go somewhere.

Shizuka sum'd up the whole thing.

In the end, we've got an ongoing trash game that doesn't resemble an RPG at all. Despite the great scenery graphics, the game is the perfect example of the Anti-Enhancement that I've mentioned before. Myron REALLY has A LOT to learn and put on practice the saying "If ain't broke, don't fix it".

The usual score on the Lea scale.
Fan of Transformers, Shmups and Anime-styled Girls. You're teamed up with the right pilot!
Bringing you shmup and video game reviews with humorous criticism.

STG Wikias: Thunder Force Wiki - Wikiheart Exelica - Ginga Force Wiki