Sisters Royale (Alfa System, PC/Switch/PS4/XB1, 2019)

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores

Best Girl?

Sonay
6%
Selma
29%
Ece
18%
Nur
18%
Lale
18%
Ode
12%

Total votes: 17

Herr Schatten

Re: Sisters Royale (Alfa System, PC/Switch/PS4/XB1, 2019)

Post by Herr Schatten »

Normal
Sonay
Herr Schatten - 1,969,829,950 - ALL - Switch

Got the clear with Sonay. Score still sucks, though.
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

Normal
Sonay
Herr Schatten - 2,146,022,880 - All - Switch

Still a lot of room for improvement, but at least I got over 2 bil and the SSS ranking.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Congratulations on the clears and breaking into the overall top 10 8)

Scoring with Sonay is tricky as Mishi alluded to, but there are 'tricks' you can pull off, that you can see on my and mero's videos. As he said, if an enemy can't be 'milked' it might be better to quick kill for extra waves, or for the time bonus (stage bosses). For characters like Lale, Sonay, and Ece, it's imperative to know where you can milk and where you have to go fast!
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

Thank you. I must say that this game really grows on me the more I play it. At first I saw it as a kind of lesser Shiki, but since then I really learned to appreciate the short and sweet levels and the intensity that results, even though I'm still not a fan of the environmental hazards.

There's no way I'm going to start milking seriously with Sonay, but even without a 2.5 bil score should be well within my reach, as I learn how to utilize the fairies more effectively.

My biggest choke point is still the Lale boss fight where I always have to bomb through both her second and her third form. Is there a surefire way to dodge those? I couldn't glimpse one from online videos. Everyone seems to just wiggle through somehow. In all other places where I use bombs I use them for convenience or because I made a mistake, so it bugs me that I have to rely on two of them here.

Finally, which sister would you recommend as an easy step up from Sonay? Nur looks like fun and her handling doesn't seem all that idiosyncratic compared to the others.
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Glad you are enjoying the game!
It's just as good as the shikigami games (except for those annoying hazards lmao, they are kinda bad) and the game loop is pretty similar. Since you are fond of Shiki 2 it's no surprise that Sisters Royale scratches the same itch. :)
It is possible to get 3bil on Normal with Sonay even with barely any milk, as I did some time ago in my 1CC run which I forgot to post here :

Normal - Sonay
M.Knight - 3,119,800,250 - ALL - PC (Steam)
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gx5uJKEM9w

Using fairies efficiently is helpful for sure. I also tend to always bomb the final phase of the boss to trigger the fairy, collect it and nab a x16 kill on the boss. It may not be the best strat for high level scoring as you would want that x16 for milk portions, but for lower-tier scoring at least it's a way to score and erase a pattern.

Nur would be a good character to play as, yeah. And her scoring potential is pretty high. Be careful though as the bomb is a lot weaker and narrower than Sonay's. Sonay's bomb can really deal tons of damage by sitting on a boss when using it, but Nur's lasts a short time, is hard to hit bosses with, and isn't super strong from what I've played.
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

Small improvement, just one death. A no-miss is within reach, but I'm not sure the game is actually supposed to be played that way.

Normal
Sonay
Herr Schatten - 2,240,452,100 - All - Switch
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Nicely done! MKnight knocked you out of that top ten spot, but you're learning :P

I would recommend watching my or Mero's videos with Sonay to see how to best deal with Lale's phase 2. That's one of the biggest scoring opportunities in the game so you want to use your shikigami to milk those large ghosts until the timer hits zero, then quickly finish off the phase and then proceed to use bombs to kill phase 3. If you try to follow the ghosts you should have a decent enough path to get through, though it is tight (hence it looking like wiggling).

Deaths can cost 10s of millions of points as you build your coins back up, but it's not a gigantic setback unless you are going for the world record scores (or something mad like 4+ billion with Lale, lol).

I myself have started my journey into torturing myself with Hard Mode! It is a fresh frontier and seemingly, almost entirely unplayed! The highest score I see on the Windows version is 3.7 billion for Ece, which as this image shows, is going to be pretty easy to beat, assuming I get a run lucky enough to get back there.

Because of the suicide bullets and treasure chests, you essentially have to learn new routes through all of the game's patterns and enemy waves, and it is taking me quite a while to figure out, especially with a jank-ass character like Ece. I want to show off an Ece hard mode run for an upcoming streaming event hosted by Gus, but I am getting nervous that I won't be able to learn to clear in the next couple of weeks...

Hard - Ece
EmperorIng - 2,938,102,530 - 4 - PC - image

EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Terrible stages 4 and 5, but I managed to break 3 billion and reach stage 5 boss. I have no clue what I am doing, route-wise for 4 and 5 so there is a lot of score missed out on here.

Hard - Ece
EmperorIng - 3,354,333,290 - 5 - PC - image

EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

4 billion get! As far as I know, this is the highest score achieved with Ece on Hard Mode. 8)
I recorded the footage. Now the next thing to do is clear! I don't have much of a route through stage 5 yet, and my routes for stages 3 and 4 can be much cleaner, so this score can be much improved upon.

Hard - Ece
EmperorIng - 4,042,786,210 - 5 - PC - video

I wonder if 5 billion is possible with her?
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

New PB and improvement! I am getting closer to that clear. Still died on Yashin phase 2 but I am getting a little more comfortable with the stages. A little. Stage 1 and 2 still give me loads of problems of course.

Hard - Ece
EmperorIng - 4,139,363,900 - 5 - PC - video

My current score splits per stage so far with Ece on Hard mode are:
1: 800m
2: 700m
3: 900m
4: 900m
5: 1.7 billion

So total would be in the ball park of 5 billion if everything went well (that's a big if!)
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

EmperorIng wrote:if everything went well (that's a big if!)
Lol, I know exactly how you feel. I keep getting new personal bests for single stages, but whenever that happens during a full run, I screw up elsewhere and my total score stays lower than my current best.

I'm still struggling a lot with Lale's phase two. Sometimes I get through okay and even manage to milk the ghosts a bit, but more often I get cornered and have to bomb. It's really annoying, as I feel that I largely have my routes down except for that little bit.

One more question regarding the first fairy in stage 5. Does it need to be discovered during the midboss fight or shortly after? That's unusual.
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

Normal
Sonay
Herr Schatten - 2,391,410,490 - ALL - Switch

It's official. Lale is my Nemesis. But I'm inching forward.
Prinny

Post by Prinny »

Normal
Nur
Prinny - 3,585,976,930 - ALL - PC - video
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Nice job on the new pb's you two!
Herr Schatten wrote: It's official. Lale is my Nemesis. But I'm inching forward.
If you check out the early pages of this topic, you'll see me struggling with her boss fight for a while too. It will click eventually. If you haven't try watching one of the replays on the first page. During her phase 2, start at the edge of the screen and slowly inch your way towards the middle while the ghosts come out. There's always an avenue or path forward. For phase three I usually just bomb it because by then the timer will have run out (from milking the ghosts).
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Forgive the impolitic double post but I figured this was enough of an achievement to warrant one!

I finally 1cc'd Hard Mode with Ece. Not only that, I soared past my previous best and smashed the 5 billion threshold. You know what that means? World Record baby!

I am lucky enough I recorded the whole run. There were a few points I was sloppy and wish were better (like the latter half of stage 5 pre-boss), but it's hard not to be happy with such a huge score.

Hard - Ece
EmperorIng - 5,105,979,860 - All - PC - video

Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

Normal
Sonay
Herr Schatten - 2,433,811,280 - ALL - Switch

This run went really well for the first four stages, then I screwed up badly at the triplet of final bosses. I tried M. Knight's strategy of bombing the third phase of each boss to cash in on the fairies and it boosted my score nicely. My personal goal of surpassing 2.5 bil isn't too far away.

Btw, I think you need to double-check a couple of scores. There are players below me on the character board for Sonay who are above me on the general board, also with Sonay scores. That can't be right.
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

Normal
Sonay
Herr Schatten - 2,497,262,630 - ALL - Switch

So close. If it wasn't for the single death that kept me from no-missing, I would have gotten that 2.5 bil.
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

Normal
Sonay
Herr Schatten - 2,564,320,000 - All - Switch

Yes! Got that 2.5 bil despite playing horribly sloppily in stage 5, which resulted in 3 unnecessary deaths.
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

Normal
Sonay
Herr Schatten - 2,605,983,980 - All - Switch

6 deaths. :oops:
Still an improvement, and one that enables me reclaim my spot in the top 10, no less.
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

Normal
Sonay
Herr Schatten - 2,646,067,840 - All - Switch

Just a small improvement. Still, I'm a little proud that I managed 28/31 boss kills at x8.
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

Normal
Sonay
Herr Schatten - 2,773,395,650 - All - Switch
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Hey man, you've really improved! Congratulations on all these successive PB's. Perhaps you can start eyeing 3 billion with a little bit of route adjustment? :mrgreen:

I've been playing trying to beat my last score, 5.5 with Ece on Hard Mode, but that is proving a difficult task. I had 5.4 billion last night, but dumb mistakes (chain deaths on stage 4) probably cost me the extra 100 million despite playing so much of the game PERFECTLY. Very disheartening!

Actually, I can't believe I haven't updated this thread with my OWN big pb's, considering that I still have my 5.1 on the boards here. Whoops! I am cursing the fact that I didn't record my 5.5 billion run, which was just supposed to be a practice run before Ultramania Relay...

I have had 5.3 and 5.4 billion runs, but getting a new best is extremely elusive.

Also, I remember what you said about the OVERALL board discrepancy, I will have to take some time to look into it and fix things up later.
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

EmperorIng wrote:Hey man, you've really improved! Congratulations on all these successive PB's. Perhaps you can start eyeing 3 billion with a little bit of route adjustment? :mrgreen:
Thank you. I'm eyeing those 3 billion keenly, but I think reaching them would require a near-perfect run from me, presumably including a no-miss and 31/31 boss kills at x8.

However, my route through stage 5 definitely has still room for improvement, for example regarding the question whether it is better to kill the midboss at x16 or to spare that fairy for the following popcorn onslaught. I'm also experimenting with an interesting glitch in stage 4, but I haven't really found out if exploiting it is actually worthwhile.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Saving the fairies for popcorn, especially with Sonay, is almost always the right choice. She has to kill everything to get every x8/x8 coin collection she can. Since she can't effectively milk, except for the partially the stage 2 boss and stage 4 ghost spam with Lale, she has to get as many enemies onscreen as she can. And she sometimes has to use her shot to help out where her familiar doesn't do the job. Again, some of the higher-scoring replays on youtube offer some decent pointers. Cracking 3 billion with Sonay requires some serious strategy and routing, as well as good speedkilling. You can do it!

If you are talking about the collision teleport if you are crushed by a wall in stage 4, I dunno if that will offer too much help. I've tried to exploit it as Ece but it tends to teleport me right into an enemy. Maybe for Sonay it works better.

Anyhow, I finally did it! A huge new personal best (and new world record 8) )! It took several weeks of attempts from my previous best, but I finally managed to record a run that pushes the score quite a ways up. Undisputed king of the jank-ass sister in this game! Check out the full run on my youtube channel in the link below.

I think 6 billion is possible with Ece in hard mode, but I don't want to think about how much that would take right now... There were a number of dumb deaths in this run and a few missed opportunities, so it makes me think that 6 billion in Hard Mode means a perfect run... which in this game means jillions of restarts.

Hard - Ece
EmperorIng - 5,575,795,020 - All - PC - video

Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

Congratulations on your new WR. I'm looking forward to watching that replay later.
EmperorIng wrote:If you are talking about the collision teleport if you are crushed by a wall in stage 4, I dunno if that will offer too much help. I've tried to exploit it as Ece but it tends to teleport me right into an enemy. Maybe for Sonay it works better.
That's the one. I try to utilize it right at the beginning of the stage with the very first wall that holds the first fairy. In theory it should be possible to mop up the first wave of popcorn, then activate the fairy at the very last moment before you get pushed off screen by the wall. You'll be teleported right into the middle of the next wave's bullet patterns, so you can start your x16 killing spree immediately and without warmup, and the fairy will last longer into the wave.

Unfortunately, more often than not, the zig-zag appearance of the enemies in the first wave means that Sonay's Shikigami triggers the fairy early by passing over its hiding place several times. If that happens, it's hard to avoid and the whole plan goes to hell.
Prinny

Post by Prinny »

Normal
Nur
Prinny - 4,085,625,690 - ALL - PC - video

Spent some time trying to learn how to milk some of the later stuff. Still playing safe.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Congratulations on breaking 4 billion Prinny!

No guts, not glory they say, but getting past the 4b mark is when you are really starting to make the most out of the stages and boss milks.
Herr Schatten wrote: Unfortunately, more often than not, the zig-zag appearance of the enemies in the first wave means that Sonay's Shikigami triggers the fairy early by passing over its hiding place several times. If that happens, it's hard to avoid and the whole plan goes to hell.
I would honestly just reveal the fairy and manually avoid it at the start of stage 4 until the rush of tree demons comes on. It's a lot better and a lot less complicated, and less risky to boot. You do want to save it for that rush of trees since it is worth so many points.
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

Normal
Sonay
Herr Schatten - 2,803,475,070 - All - Switch

I played really sloppily and lost two lives at the Lale bossfight. Still, it's a new PB.
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

Normal
Sonay
Herr Schatten - 2,838,702,190 - All - Switch
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

Normal
Sonay
Herr Schatten - 2,893,045,750 - All - Switch

No-miss get!
I think I may have hit my skill ceiling here. My boss kills were far from optimal, only 25/31 were at x8, but I'm not sure doing better there could push me beyond the 3 billion mark.