RQ: Strikers 1945 III

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
1up

RQ: Strikers 1945 III

Post by 1up »

The bosses exposes this blue orb / ball. One time I died and the during the countdown it said I had to shoot this orb when exposed for added damage. Well, I figured out when its exposed and fire a bomb at it but it doesnt seem to take extra damage at all. Also tried the special shot or whatever its called and again zip.

Also how do I chain in strikers 1945 III?? no matter what I do I never get more than 1 chan?
Icarus

Re: RQ: Strikers 1945 III

Post by Icarus »

1up wrote:The bosses exposes this blue orb / ball. One time I died and the during the countdown it said I had to shoot this orb when exposed for added damage. Well, I figured out when its exposed and fire a bomb at it but it doesnt seem to take extra damage at all. Also tried the special shot or whatever its called and again zip.
The blue orb is part of the Technical Bonus. It's a little trick you can do to kill the boss in one go, and get some bonus points at the same time. To get the Technical Bonus, all you have to do is destroy the blue orb with your main Shot when it appears. You can use a bomb to clear the screen of bullets, but you must use Shot to destroy the orb.
1up wrote:Also how do I chain in strikers 1945 III?? no matter what I do I never get more than 1 chan?
The chain refers to the amount of maximum value medals you pick up in one go. If you haven't noticed, the medals spin around and have differing values depending on how much they've rotated into view. When they are at full rotation - you can see all of the medal, and it's at it's brightest colour - picking it up will give you a quick 2,000pts. Get another medal at 2,000pts and you start off a medal chain that gives you bonus points on top of the 2,000pts for the medal. You can tell when you get the medal at max value by the different tone that sounds on medal collection.

Just keep getting maximum medals in a row to keep the chain going. If you accidentally pick up something less than maximum value, then the chain is broken, and you must start again. Letting medals drop off the bottom of the screen doesn't break your chain, so you can keep a chain going from the start of the game to the end if you are really good.
1up

Post by 1up »

sweet thx for the fast reply
RealBout c.f.

Post by RealBout c.f. »

Icarus wrote:The blue orb is part of the Technical Bonus. It's a little trick you can do to kill the boss in one go, and get some bonus points at the same time. To get the Technical Bonus, all you have to do is destroy the blue orb with your main Shot when it appears. You can use a bomb to clear the screen of bullets, but you must use Shot to destroy the orb.
Don´t forget to say that you have to get close to get the TB. :wink:
The orb changes from blue to red when you get closer. It´s only possible to TB when the orb is red.
BER

Post by BER »

Icarus wrote:When they are at full rotation - you can see all of the medal, and it's at it's brightest colour - picking it up will give you a quick 2,000pts. Get another medal at 2,000pts and you start off a medal chain that gives you bonus points on top of the 2,000pts for the medal.
Actually, you get a 200-point bonus (not 2,000) for each 2,000-point medal you collect in a chain.
Bernard A. DORIA (retired)
1up

Post by 1up »

RealBout c.f. wrote:
Icarus wrote:The blue orb is part of the Technical Bonus. It's a little trick you can do to kill the boss in one go, and get some bonus points at the same time. To get the Technical Bonus, all you have to do is destroy the blue orb with your main Shot when it appears. You can use a bomb to clear the screen of bullets, but you must use Shot to destroy the orb.
Don´t forget to say that you have to get close to get the TB. :wink:
The orb changes from blue to red when you get closer. It´s only possible to TB when the orb is red.
I was just going to post about that lol
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

BER wrote:Actually, you get a 200-point bonus (not 2,000) for each 2,000-point medal you collect in a chain.
That's what I said. ^_-
(I think... *goes to re-read post*)
BER

Post by BER »

Icarus wrote:
BER wrote:Actually, you get a 200-point bonus (not 2,000) for each 2,000-point medal you collect in a chain.
That's what I said. ^_-
(I think... *goes to re-read post*)
Whoops, yeah, you just said "bonus points" without specifying the number. The many 2,000s had me confused for a bit. Sorry about that. :)
Bernard A. DORIA (retired)
1up

Post by 1up »

if I get in close so the orb turns red, will I be able to destroy it with a bomb or does normal shots only work?
IlMrm

Post by IlMrm »

1up wrote:if I get in close so the orb turns red, will I be able to destroy it with a bomb or does normal shots only work?
Normal shots. Or if you are not confident of weaving through the bullets to get to the orb, use a bomb to wipe out the bullets while you go in close to shoot the orb.
landshark

Post by landshark »

Also, a few of the ships have really weak shots so when you approach the orb, you'll have to shoot it a bit and wait for it to destroy.

The x36 has the quickest tech-kills.
1up

Post by 1up »

how do you get the x36?

I read that you have to go to random select and press up. I did that but nothing happens
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

I think you go into Service Mode and enter the code 01999 to unlock the X-36.
landshark

Post by landshark »

Icarus wrote:I think you go into Service Mode and enter the code 01999 to unlock the X-36.
Do this, then press UP on the "?" at the plane selection.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Megabump: this site seems to be a FANTASTIC repository of information, especially the Theory, Fighters, Technical pages... but it's all in Japanese? Has anyone ever done a translation of anything found here?

http://www.hcn.zaq.ne.jp/rydeen/1999/main.html