UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
terzdesign

Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE

Post by terzdesign »

I just wanted to post an update. James sent me my units and I received them today. I was slightly below the 100 unit order on the list.

It's a tough wait, I get it, I've been waiting for like 20 months... but they will get to you.
makar1

Post by makar1 »

My N64Digital boards just arrived today from the Round 7 group buy, after switching from UltraHDMI.

https://imgur.com/a/t5wsyLa
Joearmy96

Post by Joearmy96 »

I’m number 469 on the list is it too late to switch to the N64 Digital?
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

Joearmy96 wrote:I’m number 469 on the list is it too late to switch to the N64 Digital?
you probably have a long time. No worries.
Jeffryyyy

Post by Jeffryyyy »

Hey Turners! Thanks for all your work, through everything y’all are going through.

What’s the status on the next delivery from Marshall? Are y’all currently out of units? And do you think you’ll be securing anymore N64Digitals?
RIP-Felix

Post by RIP-Felix »

CZroe wrote:Due to a miscommunication with Marshall we have WAY too many DACs...
Did Marshall charge you for these DAC's?

- If so, then where did the money for them come from? Escrow or personal account?
- If not, did He not want them back? Would he be okay with you selling them?

Also, is the business making enough profit to cover any shortfall that may arise from overbuying DAC's? Given your financial difficulties during the disaster, our confidence in your ability to cover these cost out of pocket is justifiably shaken. Can you reassure buyers at the end of the list will get their kit? Or are they subsidizing the cost of kits and refund penalties of the people above them on the list?

Sorry for the hard questions objectivity demanded I ask.
PULOVR

Post by PULOVR »

makar1 wrote:My N64Digital boards just arrived today from the Round 7 group buy, after switching from UltraHDMI.

What number were you on the list?
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

RIP-Felix wrote: Or are they subsidizing the cost of kits and refund penalties of the people above them on the list?

Imagine? I sure hope not.
Max_P0

Post by Max_P0 »

I paid addition 22 for a DAC and switched one of my pre ordered to N64 Digital. ...

Wondering how much more I have to wait .. for the people who received their units did you get any emails notification about shipping or did the units just showed up.

Thanks
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

Max_P0 wrote:I paid addition 22 for a DAC and switched one of my pre ordered to N64 Digital. ...

Wondering how much more I have to wait .. for the people who received their units did you get any emails notification about shipping or did the units just showed up.

Thanks
What number are you on the sheet?
Max_P0

Post by Max_P0 »

Lopenator wrote:
Max_P0 wrote:I paid addition 22 for a DAC and switched one of my pre ordered to N64 Digital. ...

Thanks
What number are you on the sheet?
I checked and I am 174, it seems the sheet is not updated. I sent James 22 US on March 17 2021 for the DAC
Lethal
Banned User

Post by Lethal »

RIP-Felix wrote:
CZroe wrote:Due to a miscommunication with Marshall we have WAY too many DACs...

- If so, then where did the money for them come from? Escrow or personal account?

Also, is the business making enough profit to cover any shortfall that may arise from overbuying DAC's? Given your financial difficulties during the disaster, our confidence in your ability to cover these cost out of pocket is justifiably shaken. Can you reassure buyers at the end of the list will get their kit? Or are they subsidizing the cost of kits and refund penalties of the people above them on the list?

One of the many reasons they can't afford to issue refunds and instead are hiding from those that have been hounding them for their money back for upwards of a year is because they sent marshall $6000 of customers money for DAC's they never had orders for.

Why do you think they keep pushing for buyers to include one?
Lethal
Banned User

Post by Lethal »

Joearmy96 wrote:I’m number 469 on the list is it too late to switch to the N64 Digital?
I don't see why not.

At the rate they're fulfilling orders you have at least 2-3 more years to wait.

The problem would be getting in touch with them since they're still avoiding emails and you're forced to wait until they arbitrarily decide to contact you at random after all their buddies that fallate them online get their kits ahead of everyone else despite being at the bottom of the list.
Last edited by Lethal on Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StrikerTek

Post by StrikerTek »

system11 wrote:Well that's 3x 2 week bans so far for some users. I also deleted a lot of posts.
Lethal wrote:
RIP-Felix wrote:

One of the many reasons they can't afford to issue refunds and instead are hiding from those that have been hounding them for their money back for upwards of a year is because they sent marshall $6000 of customers money for DAC's they never had orders for.

Why do you think they keep pushing for buyers to include one?
Lethal wrote:
I don't see why not.

At the rate they are fulfilling orders you have at least 2-3 more years to wait.

The problem would be getting in touch with them since they're still avoiding emails and you are forced to wait until they arbitrarily decide to contact you at random after all their buddies that fallate them online get their kits ahead of everyone else despite being at the bottom of the list.

It really feels like 2 weeks wasn't near long enough...
Lethal
Banned User

Post by Lethal »

StrikerTek wrote:It really feels like 2 weeks wasn't near long enough...
Yeah, two weeks without, as stated by another user as "the mob" attacking everyone with the ability to think critically/objectively over this mess sure was a shining beacon of just how bad the situation has become. When the forum admin will go to the length of handing out bans to censor anyone exposing what has transpired it sure is a reflection of the dystopian present we live in where criticism is silenced at the expense of the truth. When the only narrative allowed is that of those that took everyone’s money and couldn’t deliver that sure is a great look.
Tubo

Post by Tubo »

Lethal wrote: Yeah, two weeks without, as stated by another user as "the mob" attacking everyone with the ability to think critically/objectively over this mess sure was a shining beacon of just how bad the situation has become. When the forum admin will go to the length of handing out bans to censor anyone exposing what has transpired it sure is a reflection of the dystopian present we live in where criticism is silenced at the expense of the truth. When the only narrative allowed is that of those that took everyone’s money and couldn’t deliver that sure is a great look.
No one is saying you can't be critical. But slinging shit all over the place is not being critical. It's being obnoxious. You're not some champion of free speech white knighting against censorship. You're just an asshole who was shown the door.
makar1

Post by makar1 »

N64Digital successfully installed! Luckily everything worked on the first attempt.

PULOVR wrote: What number were you on the list?
Looks like I was at 54th place on the list if counting by units.
SonicAdvDX

Post by SonicAdvDX »

Lethal wrote:When the forum admin will go to the length of handing out bans to censor anyone exposing what has transpired it sure is a reflection of the dystopian present we live in where criticism is silenced at the expense of the truth.
THIS THREAD IS JUST LIKE 1984. :lol:
Lethal
Banned User

Post by Lethal »

Tubo wrote:
Lethal wrote: Yeah, two weeks without, as stated by another user as "the mob" attacking everyone with the ability to think critically/objectively over this mess sure was a shining beacon of just how bad the situation has become. When the forum admin will go to the length of handing out bans to censor anyone exposing what has transpired it sure is a reflection of the dystopian present we live in where criticism is silenced at the expense of the truth. When the only narrative allowed is that of those that took everyone’s money and couldn’t deliver that sure is a great look.
No one is saying you can't be critical. But slinging shit all over the place is not being critical. It's being obnoxious. You're not some champion of free speech white knighting against censorship. You're just an asshole who was shown the door.
Define the difference?

What I call critisicm, snowflakes like you living in ignorance and looking for safe spaces call hate speech.

It's arbitrary.

And clearly you don’t understand the meaning of the term “white knight” as that’s exactly what anyone defending the brothers endless incompetence at this point are.
Lethal
Banned User

Post by Lethal »

SonicAdvDX wrote:
Lethal wrote:When the forum admin will go to the length of handing out bans to censor anyone exposing what has transpired it sure is a reflection of the dystopian present we live in where criticism is silenced at the expense of the truth.
THIS THREAD IS JUST LIKE 1984. :lol:
Wouldn't surprise me if it's to that extent within the next decade.

Ushered in by guys like you.
PULOVR

Post by PULOVR »

Tubo wrote:You're just an asshole who was shown the door.

makar1 wrote:N64Digital successfully installed! Luckily everything worked on the first attempt.

PULOVR wrote: What number were you on the list?
Looks like I was at 54th place on the list if counting by units.
Thanks.
Last edited by PULOVR on Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

This thread had really turned pretty funny. I check it very often to read the latest insults lol.
alucard971

Post by alucard971 »

Lopenator wrote:This thread had really turned pretty funny. I check it very often to read the latest insults lol.
I'm not even mad. I'm impressed! This dude gonna fight an entire forum and forums admin for literally no reason other than spite. Any reply will have a response with an insult usually with one-day shipping. At this point I just stop in to see who Lethal is fighting next.
Lethal
Banned User

Post by Lethal »

PULOVR wrote:
Tubo wrote:You're just an asshole who was shown the door.
Lethal
Banned User

Post by Lethal »

alucard971 wrote:
Lopenator wrote:This thread had really turned pretty funny. I check it very often to read the latest insults lol.
I'm not even mad. I'm impressed! This dude gonna fight an entire forum and forums admin for literally no reason other than spite. Any reply will have a response with an insult usually with one-day shipping. At this point I just stop in to see who Lethal is fighting next.
If the same 3-4 buddies of the brothers account for "an entire forum" you need a wake up call in perspective. Not to mention, those that have shared my opinion in this mess that I obviously have no need to fend of attacks of virtue from.

And let's not forget that 3 users were all banned for the same length of time, 2 of which were arguing the opposite.

I don't think you could twist reality and cherry pick any harder if you tried. That's what's truly "impressive" in all of this.
RIP-Felix

Post by RIP-Felix »

Lethal wrote:And let's not forget that 3 users were all banned for the same length of time, 2 of which were arguing the opposite.

I don't think you could twist reality and cherry pick any harder if you tried. That's what's truly "impressive" in all of this.
No one got "banned." Y'all got put in "time out" for arguing. That's all.
Spoiler
You are trying to polarize the issue. As if there are only 2 ways to see this situation - Cynically or Optimistically. Lethal, you are a champion for the cynical perspective, giving more weight to evidence that supports your position. On the other side, there are those championing evidence to support the optimistic perspective. There is always evidence that supports either conclusion, when you ignore contrary evidence and only accept that which support your pet theory (Confirmation bias). Even if time proves you right, you're wrong for rejecting the merit of counter arguments. But reality isn't always a clear dichotomy. People make mistakes that can appear as if they are guilty when they are not. Just because you can make the argument, doesn't make it true. Reality is grey.

Critical thinking and objectivity requires accepting the merits of both arguments and weighing them against the facts equally. And not jumping to conclusions.

You made some valid points, but you got attacked, not because you told the truth as you see it, but because you resorted to name calling, accusing people of white knighting, and playing the victim. You chose to see that as the forum marginalizing your concerns. You missed the point and continued to piss people off by getting defensive and retaliating. Doing that undermines your credibility. If you want to take a position and be taken seriously, write a persuasive argument, explain how the counter arguments don't make sense, and leave it at that. Let others make up their own mind. If you only do that, you won't need to defend yourself.
Lethal
Banned User

Post by Lethal »

RIP-Felix wrote:
Lethal wrote:And let's not forget that 3 users were all banned for the same length of time, 2 of which were arguing the opposite.

No one got "banned." Y'all got put in "time out" for arguing. That's all.
Spoiler
You are trying to polarize the issue. As if there are only 2 ways to see this situation - Cynically or Optimistically. Lethal, you are a champion for the cynical perspective, giving more weight to evidence that supports your position. On the other side, there are those championing evidence to support the optimistic perspective. There is always evidence that supports either conclusion, when you ignore contrary evidence and only accept that which support your pet theory (Confirmation bias). Even if time proves you right, you're wrong for rejecting the merit of counter arguments. But reality isn't always a clear dichotomy. People make mistakes that can appear as if they are guilty when they are not. Just because you can make the argument, doesn't make it true. Reality is grey.

Critical thinking and objectivity requires accepting the merits of both arguments and weighing them against the facts equally. And not jumping to conclusions.

You made some valid points, but you got attacked, not because you told the truth as you see it, but because you resorted to name calling, accusing people of white knighting, and playing the victim. You chose to see that as the forum marginalizing your concerns. You missed the point and continued to piss people off by getting defensive and retaliating. Doing that undermines your credibility. If you want to take a position and be taken seriously, write a persuasive argument, explain how the counter arguments don't make sense, and leave it at that. Let others make up their own mind. If you only do that, you won't need to defend yourself.
You're splitting hairs. An admin even called it a "ban" themselves at the top of the last page.

Regardless, your entire "spoiler" while hilariously hypocritical, acts as nothing more than yet another masturbatory pat on the back for reasons unknown as if you actually did any of these things you claim I haven't.

I provided a mountain of evidence to this point that paints a very clear picture of the status of this mess being almost exclusively at fault of the brothers. Between the endless excuses, self-inflicted victim card playing as a result of countless poor choices/decisions and then the droves of contradictions and of course the 10,000 pound gorilla in the room being that they still can't get any reasonable amount of kits shipped, (they literally filled around a dozen orders during the 2 weeks I was banned according to the google doc despite claiming to have hundreds sitting around collecting dust on shelves) there's nothing that can justify what has happened since the end of last year. Of course the several pages with this information was conveniently deleted in an act of censorship during that time which I'm not going to waste my time retyping.

As it stands, both sides have formed their conclusions and clearly neither are going to be changed. All I can do is continue to voice my opinion on the matter and keep fending off personal attacks from the fools that refuse to acknowledge facts. I gave the brothers the benefit of the doubt for nearly 2 years but at some point you can only determine that incompetence fuelled by seeing those dollar signs continue rolling into their paypal account while selling on a scale far larger than they could realistically handle was the crux of the problem.

I also see that no one has bothered to answer the question I asked vehemently probably a dozen times prior to the mass deletion of posts. So I will ask it again in hopes that it won't continue to be dodged since it doesn't align with the narrative the brothers and their fans are trying to portray.

What is a reasonable time frame to expect this round be fulfilled in?

No goal post shifting, no excuses, all I'm looking for from the select few constantly running to the brothers aid is a date. Very simple.

I'll await the responses.
citrus3000psi

Post by citrus3000psi »

Why not just refund the users who want a refund? Seems like a fair and simple way to take care of things?

The whole we go in order doesn't make sense for refunds. And I get it you would lose paypal fees, but I bet most users would be willing to lose 4 dollars to get there payment back.

If you have already given the money to Marshall then he should be able to give ETAs on when new batches can arrive.
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

Every time I load up the spreadsheet, it says a lot has changed and it reloads. It looks the same to me. An update would be nice.

Giving refunds to those who asked (myself included) wouldn't take more than 1 minute per person.

Still I await to hear from anyone.
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

To issue refunds via Paypal it's necessary to have the corresponding amount in your Paypal account as "Paypal Balance". If the user payments were transferred out of the Paypal account into a bank account, or some other destination, then it would be necessary to deposit them back into the Paypal account which takes a couple of business days.

But it does take a minute to announce that a transfer request has been initiated and refunds will start in a few days. That's assuming that the funds are still available to be transferred.