Raiden Fighters 2: 2000 (discontinued)

EddyMRA

Raiden Fighters 2: 2000 (discontinued)

Post by EddyMRA »

Finally, we cam have a wide competition with this game easily thanks to
MAME! Send in those scores!

Since the 2000 version unlocks all ships at start, the remaining two hidden fighters (Fairy and Dark Sword) are unlocked too.

Fairy fighter:
Hold Fire + Bomb, then press Start at the title screen. Highlight the "?" selection, then hold Down/Right and press Fire.

Dark Sword fighter:
Hold Fire, then press Start at the title screen. Highlight the "?" selection, then hold Fire.

Slave:
Hold Bomb, then press Start at the title screen. Highlight and select any fighter.

Each fighter will have its own High-Score Table. When someone submits a score for a fighter which does not have its own High-Score Table yet, I will create a new one.

SLAVE

Code: Select all

X. Shmupper..................................Score..........Stage

1. cl25.................................78,343,500..........ALL (Hell Diver)
2. smraedis.............................76,981,030 ..........ALL (Flying Ray)
3. cigsthecat...........................49,387,340..........S-7 (Hell Diver)
4. Landshark............................45,885,350..........ALL (Raiden mk-II)
RAIDEN mk-II

1. Alluro...............................73,024,860..........1-7
Miclus

1. smraedis.............................35,798,500..........S-6
Aegis II-c

1. smraedis.............................41,503,790..........S-6
MOD EDIT: Locked in favor of this thread. - ZK
Last edited by EddyMRA on Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:06 pm, edited 10 times in total.
landshark

Post by landshark »

I'd suggest different tables per ship as some ships are alot easier than others and seem to score better.

Slave (Raiden MKII)
Landshark - 45,885,350 - ALL

Image Image

Damn this game is fun. Just wish I knew were some of the little blue guys were. I only know of 1 and that was to get me my silver medals. All that practicing on Psikyo games prepared me for the last guy. Not bad for my 5th or so try ;)
EddyMRA

Post by EddyMRA »

I got 73,024,860 with the Raiden mk-II up to the final boss in 1-7 just now. I missed three of the Micluses in the entire game, and the final boss with the glowing red eye kicked my ass.
Last edited by EddyMRA on Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
cigsthecat

Post by cigsthecat »

cigsthecat - 39,342,330 - Hell-Diver (slave) - ALL

This game is good, but way too easy and short unless I am missing something.

Where is a good spot to make the 9 medals disappear early on?
EddyMRA

Post by EddyMRA »

cigsthecat wrote:This game is good, but way too easy and short unless I am missing something.

Where is a good spot to make the 9 medals disappear early on?
The 2000 version turns down the difficulty too much. It is easier than the normal RF2.

A good place to get the 100K medals is in the airport stage. You can start from 10pt medals in this stage and build up to 100K medals all in this stage. To play this stage first, hold Down and press Start after inserting a credit. The very concise guide to this stage:
  • *Beginning of the stage, you'll see a gray house middle-left. Hover over the lower part of the building for 2 seconds. A Miclus is hidden here. Shoot and overlap him to get 10->90pt medals.
    *A large bomber appears. Kill it and pick up the Slave Icon. Now you can collect the blue hundreds medals.
    *A plane formation appears with a blue one in the center. Kill it and pick up the 100pt medal.
    *A heli-plane appears on the middle-right. Waste it and pick up the two 200pt medals.
    *Six tanks appear. Destroy them two at a time and pick up medals left by every other one (300->600 pt medals)
    *Right side, a medium tank and a light tank appear and begin crushing the Aegis II-c fighters on the ground. Kill the light tank only.
    *Go left. You'll see a large bomber and a light tank appear from the left side. Kill the tank and pick up the 700pt medal. Kill the bomber, but do not pick up the Slave Icon yet.
    *Notice a person on the ground will enter a truck and drive right into the medium tank that is crushing the grounded planes. Let the truck collide with the tank. The tank will explode, triggering a Miclus to appear from the large white plane above the collision. There is another light tank that appears below the medium tank. Kill it and pick up the 800pt medal.
    *Don't shoot the Miclus until you pick up the second Slave icon. When you have two slaves by your side, overlap and shoot the Miclus to get 1000->9000pt medals.
    *Now 10,000pt medals start appearing! DO NOT COLLECT ANY THAT APPEAR AT THIS POINT.
    *You'll see some Heli-Planes and blue medal-carriers appear. Kill them all and accumulate gold medals on screen. About when the final Heliplane appears, bomb to kill the last blue plane carrying the 9th gold medal. With 9 gold medals onscreen, they will all explode, at this point which the medals will now jump in point value.
    *The bomb you just dropped will defend one of the three friendly small tanks from the shots fired by the big tank above it. After this bomb burns out, drop another one to cancel the second and third shots from the big tank. You must not kill the big tank before it fires three shots.
    *After you get three DEFENDED THE TANK bonuses, a third Miclus will appear from the large plane to the right of the big tank. Overlap and shoot the Miclus for 100K medals! (10,000->100,000pt)
The medals will stay at the higher values provided you don't miss one, and the last medal onscreen you collect is the higher-value medal.
The age of Alluro and JudgeSpear is over.
cigsthecat

Post by cigsthecat »

Alluro wrote:The 2000 version turns down the difficulty too much. It is easier than the normal RF2.
Well that's a shame.

Thank you very much for that post Alluro.
landshark

Post by landshark »

Alluro wrote:I got 73,024,860 with the Raiden mk-II up to the final boss in 1-7 just now. I missed three of the Micluses in the entire game, and the final boss with the glowing red eye kicked my ass.
Man, you kicked the hell out of my score. I have to learn the miclus places. And I was constantly dropping my 100k bonus down to 10k.

I honestly can't remember what the boss looked like that I was fighting as I zoned in about 5 inches above my plane for the entire fight. It was a boss that showed up after the big plate-in-the-ground boss in the last area. It sprays bullets everywhere.

Is that the last boss? Or is there a score requirement to get yet another boss?

Definitely the most friendly of the Raiden games I've played. Raiden DX still has me busting my controllers. A welcomed change.
cigsthecat

Post by cigsthecat »

cigsthecat...........................49,387,840..........S-7 (Hell Diver)

Still using the slave.
Smraedis

Post by Smraedis »

Slave (flying ray)
Smraedis - 67,366,390 - ALL
EddyMRA

Post by EddyMRA »

and... update!

The final boss is the one after the ground dome fortress in S-7. It is a giant bomber which is a bitch to kill even here in the 2000 version.

Its name is Red Eye (hence its glowing red eye), and it reappears in Raiden Fighters Jet as the boss in LEVEL-50.
landshark

Post by landshark »

Yup, that's the one I fought.
Smraedis

Post by Smraedis »

can we post scores for more than one ship on here?
EddyMRA

Post by EddyMRA »

Smraedis wrote:can we post scores for more than one ship on here?
By all means, go ahead. I'm about ready to shoot for a high score with more ships.
Smraedis

Post by Smraedis »

okay :)

Miclus
Smraedis - 35,798,500 - S-6

it seems a lot harder with the other ships too..
Smraedis

Post by Smraedis »

and another

Aegis IIC
Smraedis - 41,503,790 - S-6

also, I guess the fairy ship is classed under slave too?
cl25

Post by cl25 »

Just got 78,343,500 with the Hell Diver slave! I've owned the RF2 board (official SPI version) for 2-3 years, and I have to say that the 2000 version is indeed a lot easier. Still, it's a lot of fun - and I'm glad that other people can play at least one game in the RF series now.

As a comparison, I can usually score 40-45 million on the real RF2 pcb. I actually was able to 1cc the mame 2000 version, which is something I would never be able to do on the real pcb.
EddyMRA

Post by EddyMRA »

score tables updated!

Lots of Slave users out there, and yes, the Fairy would be classified as a Slave too.
landshark

Post by landshark »

Small imporvement.

Slave(MKII) - 48,606,020 - ST-7

Freaking last guy killed me.
Smraedis

Post by Smraedis »

yet another score here :D

Slave (Flying Ray)
Smraedis - 76,981,030 - ALL

I can't see that many points to improve in now too..
tiktak

Post by tiktak »

me so suxor :(
Last edited by tiktak on Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

tiktak wrote:Slave (Flying Ray)
tiktak - 44,568,560 - S7
Raiden Fighters 2 - 2000 (Discontinued)