From Software 'n such

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Sumez

Re: From Software 'n such

Post by Sumez »

SL1 time
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Blinge wrote:Supposedly.. the difficulty in Elden Ring will be " more manageable "

:cry:
If you watched the same thing I watched I took that as meaning options will be there if people need them, like From virgins. I don't think this will throw anything at us more difficult than my initial Sekiro play.

My initial run will be very slow and very alone.

That said we should do a group run together at some point.
My lord, I have come for you.
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

Blinge wrote:Supposedly.. the difficulty in Elden Ring will be " more manageable "

:cry:
Pretty disappointing, especially after how great Sekiro was.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

very proud of that :lol:
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
Steamflogger Boss

MX7

Post by MX7 »

Even Darker Souls
BIL

Post by BIL »

THIS TAHN'S FINISHED Image

"Don't worry. Whatever happens, you may think of it as merely a... bad dream." Image
"Haha, cheers doc." Image
*BONG RIP* LOLOLOLOLOLOL Image

Burinju this is some crazy shit (`ω´メ) I may postpone to Fall/Winter aka Silent Hill 2/Castlevania 4 time, and catch up on ICO+SOTC instead, because it's staying blinding until fookin 10pm, dinting this sumptuously elegant/orrible mood I've not seen since OTOGI on muh EGGS BOX (DAHN SAHF by the equator it's black as the devil's arsehole by 6pm year-round - as you know, I am an ardently AESTHETIC GAYMER Image). Right after this I got ambushed and murdered by the dogman gang I'd let amble down the street a few minutes earlier, I wasn't even hidin from em, I just forgot the fuckers while taking in the surreally charnel scene. Yo, why are all these caskets chained shu - oh. :o Yo fuuuck :shock:

Didn't arf make me jump, the hairy cunts! Dr. Biruford will return, now or later. Image That is some nice rangefinding ala Dracula, I dig.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Oh fuck yes. Ahhh man I'm so glad you're finding things you like it already.

YOUUUU PLAGUE RIDDEN RAT!!

the fucking essex/cockney "rat" it's like... got H's and G's in there somewhere. RAYGHTTT. mouth fully open

yeah the chained coffins are a nice touch. As much as I'd want to hear more from the good doctor.. you'd better delay it as you see fit :cry:

Edit: Although if you carry on birru; hitting enemies with an R1, L1 transform combo with that cleaver never stops feeling great.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Y'know fuck it, imma keep goin a bit. (`ω´メ) Won't have nearly as much free time then, so the shorter nights will even out.

Staggering aesthetic of haunted hardcore. Messengers are cute, especially when they give you free stuff! I vaguely remembered the saw cleaver being well-regarded, though I'd have gravitated to it anyway, looks like a weapon for a particularly tormented Guilty Gear character. :cool:
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

I've figured out how to explain Shadow Tower to a non-initiate / modern souls fan.

It's the Bloodborne of King's Field, but the world is made up of..

Solely VoD/ Blighttown areas followed by Lost Izalith and a durability system worse than BotW's.
:lol:

I am enjoying my replay but my god I haven't found a repair station since the fucking acid footbaths, broke one bow trying to shoot at some violinist cunt in Illusion world who was merrily sapping my life away. The other bow just wouldn't hit him for some reason.
I'd go back and kill him for revenge but with Illusion done i still haven't found a repair station and i'm not about to backtrack to that fucking acid again.
Marc

Post by Marc »

Blinge wrote:I've figured out how to explain Shadow Tower to a non-initiate / modern souls fan.

It's the Bloodborne of King's Field, but the world is made up of..

Solely VoD/ Blighttown areas followed by Lost Izalith and a durability system worse than BotW's.
:lol:

I am enjoying my replay but my god I haven't found a repair station since the fucking acid footbaths, broke one bow trying to shoot at some violinist cunt in Illusion world who was merrily sapping my life away. The other bow just wouldn't hit him for some reason.
I'd go back and kill him for revenge but with Illusion done i still haven't found a repair station and i'm not about to backtrack to that fucking acid again.
I'd been wondering about these, but I think you just managed to put me off :D
Still, I've got a PS Mini running games from memory stick, I might throw one of the US releases on just for a nosey.
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

These? you mean Shadow Tower or King's Field?

I was taking shots at shadow tower specifically.
Sumez and Necron will tell me i'm being a silly, tho ;)
Marc

Post by Marc »

Blinge wrote:These? you mean Shadow Tower or King's Field?

I was taking shots at shadow tower specifically.
Sumez and Necron will tell me i'm being a silly, tho ;)
They've all blurred into one to be honest. Where's best to start for a noob?
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Ohh. That's a tough one.
Probably King's Field 1(us)
[2 in japan]

Apparently the PAL version is more stable than NTSC.

a contender would be IV/Ancient City but that's PS2
BIL

Post by BIL »

Mayne this good Image

Crikey lads, you've caught me with me hand wrapped round an enormous chopper! :shock:

I became a wandering doctor who fixes people's backs with kung-fu :O

I am sorry DOLLYPARTON-CHAN, only HARDCORE KILLING can raise my chopper now Image

Even me nan makes a cameo! :O
Spoiler
Marc

Post by Marc »

Ah stop it, you'll end up pushing me into buying the DLC and starting again. I don't have time for this....
Austin

Post by Austin »

Bloodborne is amazing. It’s probably the only game in the SoulsBorne line where I can just run around and tear through shit without a purpose and still feel good about it, it’s that much fun.
Steamflogger Boss

Bil posts about Bloodborne are now my favorite thing on here.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

BIL wrote:Even me nan makes a cameo! :O
Which side of the family, that's the question :mrgreen:
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Greetings from Wisconsin. What bosses you fought Bil?
BIL

Post by BIL »

Someday, someone may experience these bizarre events. Hopefully, they will find my notes useful. Image Image Image Image Image
Blinge wrote:
BIL wrote:Even me nan makes a cameo! :O
Which side of the family, that's the question :mrgreen:
The OOP NAWF contingent - not quite an exact match with BB's MISTY LAHNDAN TAHN, but it'll do :lol:

I like how granny's just stewing with senile rage by the door, while maybe ten feet away: *SHING* *KABLAM* *THOOM* *RRRIP* "UOAAARRR!" "Oh, hi nan. Sorry for tracking mess in with me." "FECK OFF! I KNOW YER TRICKS!" "Oh you!"
Stevens wrote:Greetings from Wisconsin. What bosses you fought Bil?
It's been rough bud X_X I get smacked around and do loads of drugs and just about pull through :oops: Currently killed Cleric Beast (*AROOO*), Fr. Gaz (this some sad shit :shock:), and 1 VERY STARVEH BOI.

Just prior to Starvin Marvin, while admiring From's gorgeous scenery (and whacking Bag Bois hiding in the underbrush), I found a Blood Echoes puddle. "Who died?" I thought. Turned to be a hotline to my blond choirboy BFF Alfy-kun! <3 I'd never encountered the summon mechanic, so I gave it a go. In hindsight, I think I'll hold off in future, at least until I've had a few solo attempts - because while Marvin was technically my first one-shot boss takedown, it felt unearned on my part.

Well, mostly unearned. I am not a doctor entirely without valour! (`w´メ) I was gonna hang back and watch, all heartless-like, while Alf fought alone...

THIS WAS BASICALLY MY PLAN, I'M SUCH A JAMMY CUNT (;`w´;)
Spoiler

...but I felt like shit, and jumped in. I didn't know WTF I was doing, at all, just kinda wharblegarbled all over Marv with R1, while getting poisoned to fuck. lmao @ Antidote on corpse behind altar. Considerate! Image I really didn't want Alf to die, not just for story reasons (dunno if allies even can die, or just peace out? I'm enjoying a degree of blindness) - but I'd just told Gaz's kid the kid the truth about him and his missus, and was feeling like shit! ;-; "NO RESPONSE" Passive Brick Troll nearby: "So cold... dear sister" Yeah Bricky-kun, shit's fucked. "Ha ha ha haaa!" Oh you motherfu Image

I was ALSO feeling like shit at the outcome of Dr. Biruford vs Roof Gunner! Nothing to do with RG himself, that shit was AMAZIN. Old Yarnham is my kinda joint, horror URBEX crawling with pyrophobic fiends.

Crikey lads! I caught me a fookin rock spida dahn in the gutta! Image
Spoiler

In retrospect, fighting the ambush Hunter while surrounded by beasts AND dodging vulcan fire wasn't smart, at all. Shoulda gone up and fought RG first, then cleared out the pests, then fought my hooded colleague. But in the bestial pandemonium, darting between foxholes, with fiends erupting all around and two merciless Hunters on me tail, I were all but POSSESSED WITH A FURY THAT BURNS FROM INSIDE Image Killer sequence.

When I did finally go upstairs, having cleared out CHUCH, RG's gunplay smacked me about - but I was thinking "Hmm, his footing's not too great! Too close to that edge, RG-san! And what is with that hideous+CONSPICUOUS blood smear leading to it?" So I gave him a tenative R2 bitch-slap, and off he tumbled :shock: What a fucking pisser, to the end.

Was hoping he'd reload with the area, but all I found was his badge. RIP you sneaky fuck. Image

Ho Ho HOOOLY FUCK THIS GAME IS BEAUTIFUL <333 I ain't just mean technologically though! I mean artistically, like! A positively moving demonstration of architectural and naturalistic chops alike. Recently replayed RE4, that one's distractingly gorgeous environments (filthy and fine alike) will similarly never age. Respect to the craftsmen who bust they fuckin asses designing+building this stuff. Image

RE Old Yarnham, I shudder to think how rough I might've had it, if I hadn't done the optional urbex early on, which netted me a very handy Hunter's Torch. I suppose I could've used Fire Paper, but I always play resource-minded action games with an extreme poverty mindset. I'd rather struggle a bit in stages 1-6, if it means reaching stage 7 with fat stacks. That said, BB's lack of conventional save/reload makes it a lot tougher to practice bosses/tough sections.

With how things have gone, I'd have refought Cleric, Gaz and Marvin all at least a few times apiece, to say nothing of Roofy. Along with the lack of pause, I dig the surprisingly arcadey yet instantly familiar ethos.

OY's lesser beasts' fear of flame seems slightly randomised? Some, I had to literally chase after to hit, while brandishing the torch. Others didn't give a FUCK and would swing straight for my eyes. :lol: Loved it.

Wondered if that was Marv I'd seen hanging out in the church earlier, but I guess it's just his bro Hungry Harv. Helluva scene. Too many hella scenes to count tbh. This is some first-rate Japanese hardcore. Image

Had a brief go at the first Chalice Dungeon, blimey, rough welcome. Died by poison knife snipe on the pendulum bridge, came back and managed to clear out the room. Sinister Woman gave me mad OTOGI vibes, I like! But where were me fookin Eggos?! THEN I realised, that weird cunt I'd seen lurking under the bridge musta stole em! Used my HARABAKUDAN no V-PRESSURE on he ass Image

In the heat of pitched battle, with zombies chasing my tight arse, I fixed this fat fuck's FUPA FO FREE (■`w´■)
Spoiler

Noped outta Chalice with Bold Hunter's Mark after entering the Undead Giant's room, phew, glad that worked. Scary cunt! Don't think I'll be back for a while. I loved getting a glimpse of new area spawns (?) after. Was trying to get a nice shot of the steps leading up to the locked gate in Cathedral Ward, just outside Nan's room. Heard footsteps, thought it was one of those shitty birds, but it was in fact that weird cunt from the Chalice again! I was way too cocky, after one-shotting him then, and landing an early Visceral early on. Goddamn near killed me with a stray parting claw, took 90% of me fookin HP. Knew I was gambling on that last R1 combo, but figured he'd only nip me.

Interesting chap, evil vibe. A sense that something from beyond has taken notice, and followed you home. Brr. Image

Also got my first Frenzy, not unexpected given I stole Gaz's clothes. Thought it was a rogue galaxy making landfall, deliberately walked in to see what'd happen. Interesting. I also jumped down the hole behind Piggeh Boi in the sewer, I'm that sorta guy. Image
Last edited by BIL on Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
BIL

Post by BIL »

This some hard shit, Shumps Friends :sad: Pourin 1 out 4 muh friend I met in jail Parl, he like the Morgan Freeman 2 my Tim Robbins ;-;7
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Biruford wrote:In hindsight, I think I'll hold off in future, at least until I've had a few solo attempts
Hold off completely on your first playthrough, you mean? 8) :twisted:
Was hoping he'd reload with the area, but all I found was his badge. RIP you sneaky fuck
Dunno if u kno but the badges add new weapons to the shop. His is a fuckin' pilebunker that's one of the most disappointing weapons in the whole game. I have been meaning to replay the entire thing using just that weapon tho, seeing if I can get some mileage out of it.

Ah yeah, RG aka Djura is a weird one. He's super tough level-wise for someone who's just arrived in Old Yharny, I wonder what the design decision was there. You can beat him but more often than not he'll just yeet himself to his doom.

I did about 4 playthroughs before ever noticing that the beasts in Old Yharny are scared of flame :lol:
Makes sense I guess, the entire place was burned out.

So you found the ribbon near piggeh boi then? :cry:

Also are you a preacher now Biruford? name change required?
BIL

Post by BIL »

Fear not, I remain a steadfast back-fixing doctor Image They complain, at least the ones who survive, but I never said I was an MD did I? Image

Aha, so that's what the badges do... I was wondering if there was some locale they unlocked. Been cheerfully bumbling along, this thing started a 10/10 and has only gained. It's kinda nostalgic - this triad of craftsmanship, eccentricity, and punishing hardcore was what always drew me to From BITD, via the Otogis, Echo Nights and Armored Cores. I was genuinely happy to see them finally get some mainstream love (and funding), hell, I was happy just to know they were still around.

I feel a bit better about Roofy-kun now, it was one of those "WTB save/load" moments. :mrgreen: Very nearly had another when I put down the controller for a drink while listening to Alfy expound on Byrgenwerth, only to accidentally shoot him in the fuckin face when I picked it back up :shock: I think we are still boys, he was pissed but calmed down when I enquired about further historical matters, good lad :oops:

My rule is, for bosses - try with a bro if I get my ass torn up, and for stages? PFFFT HAIL NAWWWW My strategy and BALLS shall more than suffice Image Found a "Henrietta"'s number at the steps of the cathedral, in the midst of that awesome defensive line feat. lots of Masky Bois with COOL NEW WEAPONS Image Sorry henny, I bet you are RLY KYOOT, but I am like a squirrel in nuts with this shit!

(I love the Maskeh Gang's shared fatal weakness - their melees are viciously quick, but also entirely linear - so the very instant I see them go from walking to attacking, *BLAM!* PUT GUNSHOT INNA YUH BLOODCLAAT FACE Image So much simpler than Sacky Boi et al's kung-fu bullshiet)

I was scurred scurred SCURRED at that gorgeously overgrown detour into Byrgenwerth's forest, seriously thought some awful fucker was going to pop up outta the grass. Enjoyed the sniper-infested woodland (ITS JUST LIKE NAM :shock:), but forced myself to turn back when I hit Charnel Hemswick Ln (what an authentically run-down treat! Image) - because I'd already found Amelia (and noped out - I was hoping she might be down for a bit of chat with the handsome doc about architecture and morality Image but was AYKSHUALLY werewolf :o :sad:). My ARPG house rule is, if I find a boss, and they're not blatantly some kinda NG+ bullshit, I'll try to whack 'em before proceeding.

Spent all Friday night's session in the upper Cathedral Ward and surrounding areas, before putting down AMMY-CHAN ;w; So much quality. Image Those misty cobblestone backstreets! That deep, wide gratitude! Image Loved the strange rocky outskirts too.

House A: "Bless us with blood. Bless us with blood." Calm down love! Lemme in, we can play Name That Pope! Image
House B: HEHEHE, BWESS US WIV... BLAAAHD, HEHEHEHEHEHE You sick fucks. Image BTW I cleared those seagulls of your roof, you're welcome.

Had a manful battle with Volty Boi, who seemed straight outta Yarghuul (I have that same suit! and club! :O), but when I had 'im on the ropes I discovered his backup and got PWNED. Came back and accidentally discovered (via House A) you can assassinate the bastards with a sneak-up, so I took out his cunty bro and FINISHED TEH FIGHT.

I'm not usually one for mean-spirited jibes towards matters of faith, but I laughed out loud getting the R1 plunge attack on the pair of snipey bois in the valley area. "Please... God... I must li-" God: LOL NOPE *SPLATT*

That "HELP ME! OH GOD!" the Dogface Killas will sometimes shriek in combat, while you're shredding like the beast they call you; Jesus, feel kinda sorry for the bastards. These ain't professionals! these are merely insane cunts! They are fuckin hardcore either way though! When a sniper watches his six boys chase you into an alleyway, and you rock out a minute later drenched head-to-toe in their blood, and the fucker STILL won't abandon his post? Respect 2 these crazy sons a bitches!

(speaking of, I think one of those Dogfaces in the Cathedral side street - right after leaving the brothel district - has a new idling quip? Hadn't heard that "Kill... kill!" before. this game radiates grim charisma from the tiniest item description up)
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

There's no NG+ bullshit!
you have at it and clean them up on this playthrough SIR.

Man.. the good doctor loves bloodborne. My fromsoft boner is rather ENGORGED

Also finished shadow tower again, I enjoyed it more this time around.. had an easier time with it. I still think it feels tougher than any KF game.. although the dark "Death World" at the end kinda sucks a bit. I seem to remember there being more to it.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Glad you're having a fantastic go of it.

Watch out for sack boi..
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

I assume you mean Birru, who's already been bagged!
BIL

Post by BIL »

Yeah Sacky-kun is good peeps :mrgreen: taught me a lot about parry timing, and the difference between skilled opponents and brute/feral ones. The latter, I realised can be dealt with more or less on twitch reaction - the instant I see 'em go from neutral to active *BLAM* The entire Choir (Cathedral Ward Michael Myers goons) are like this, no matter their varied arms. With Sacky and other bona fide competitors, I prefer to suss out which of their repertoire is the easiest prey. I don't think I've ever caught him out of his snapkick, at least not on reaction, but the high-right palmstrike is a nice easy layup.

I was enjoying seeing him pop up around the place - though it seems with the fall of ROM Jeremy, Sacky's gone AWOL! Creepy shit is afoot. :o Thar be a KILLAS MOON 2NITE Image

Speaking of: Hunter's Nightmare, more like Hunter's Wet Dream mirite Image Another stiff ratcheting-up! I see why that bitch DSP ran away screaming! Very intimidating joint, initially. I gradually got 75% of its denizens under control. Whippy-kun taught me a lot, RE the audio design being oft-integral to parry timing. The *KCHNK* *KCHNK* of his transform slashes is a dead giveaway. Completed the circle back (always so satisfying), but the remaining fiends (green bugs, axe titans, electrobeast) flat-out Euroshumped me with their stats - my most vicious and well-timed ripostes barely scratching 'em. So, I left 'em for later, and returned to the barely-less surreal waking world.

Did take down the very first axe dude with sneaky bullshit, wasn't clean (neither was this Image). If you wangle it just right, the two scrubs he's scripted to wipe out can actually take a chunk, or even outright most of his HP - which lets your good doctor sneak up for the surprise free session. Image What a killer enemy design! Sorry bro, I'm down to scrap but where's that hellacious wailing coming fr - oh fuck, it's coming from THE GAPING VOID IN YOUR CTHULHU-BEARDED FACE :shock:

Loved the Pieta reference in the great hall. The way the embers intensify on approach had my boss radar screaming. Great enemy (and otherwise) VA, as ever. :lol:

Me: >_>
Beasts: <_<
Boomy: GRAAAAAAAA!

Hemswick and Forbidden Woods were both 10/10 outdoor rambles. The former is exactly what I want from my horror-themed action/adventure; a sense of abandon and unruly overgrowth, to pick through at leisure. 10/10 haunted barn simulator. Packed with expertly-concealed goodies, too.

I only wish I'd visited prior to Amelia, it must look incredible in evening light. Something for the next run.

Being a pessimist, I thought the stony gulch between Cathedral and Hemswick was the "tangled woods" Alfy mentioned Bergenwerth being in. Image I was hugging along the edges of the area, wondering if I'd missed a turn-off, and thinking that was the college I was looking up at from the ground. I'm so delighted to have been dead motherfucking wrong. :lol: Forbidden Woods is a ghastly, generously stacked layer cake. MILITARISED ZONE up top, guerrilla battling through Dogman Outposts, some MGS3 shit. Image Then, a well-placed detour down the windmills glimpsed hours earlier (VERMIN ARE TO BE CRUSHED). And once the forest primeval proper is reached... total, authentically bewildering JUNGLEMANIA. A monster-infested night lost in the woods, seeking ever lower depths. Ran from a hydra tank, straight through some bushes and down a ravine, into a nest of other things I'd never seen before. It was amazing. Image

Byrgenwerth didn't disappoint either, classy joint that gets right back to business with a smaller, tighter course and accordingly leaner, meaner roster. Unrepentantly amused at trying out my new cannon on a certain friendly abomination out front. Image Red bricks make me nostalgic. So does that gorgeous moonlit lake, come to think of it. Huge Otogi vibes. Vicious battle within, before ROM Jeremy, possibly the most DMCesque boss I've seen here. Oddly relaxing, more in line with the Witch and Shadow minibosses difficulty-wise. Cool time, arachnophobes RIP.

Enjoyed returning to Central. Got the Claw Mark rune, RIP. :sad: Speaking of parry timing, also got SHAWEET REVENGE 4 MUH MOM. Image Loving the Oedon Satsujinken Club! "Ave you got a screw loose, or is that just your... animal instinct? Bloody scum, the lotta us..." Yeah imma regular prick detector. Image

Anyhoo, imma check out for a bit, since I'm hitting the really crazy shit now, and I'll have to spoiler tag a bunch of shit. Yeah I know, old game, slowpoke.jpg etc, but consideration never goes out of style! Image
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

oh fucking hell, can't sleep. Time to read some BILBORNE

Hunters Nightmare is the DLC. meant for Endgame Level players. I guess you've figured that out but i'm stating it just in case

(but if you kill the final boss, game ends and you go to NewGame+) You've been warned!

Haha you found Rom easier? She held me up for while iirc, well probably, I have enough clips of me dying to her on my ps4's longsuffering harddrive. I've spoken to few people who totally lose their game vs Rom jeremy

Hemwick IS gorgeous in the evening light, yeah! I always go there first now.. although it's a bit easier. Those scythe boys aren't sent to your location like UberEats while the sun's still up.

Oh by the by.. you know.. word to the wise.. dunno if you're interested but here's a little hint, you know, if you're curious..something you may have missed, i don't know.. it's there if you want.. i wouldn't wanna press the issue.. just if you feel like it.. knowledge is power as they say.. back in the Forbidden Woods..
Spoiler
There's a shack on the left before the dog cages, A window with a voice you may wanna speak to. Although I think you may have reached a point where the same voice is in every window back in central
and another tip, this one's for free.. again in the forbidden woods -
Spoiler
Again near the dog cages, hugging the left wall.. you'll find a cave. two ways out of that bad boy.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Holy fuck, I'd no idea re: Hunter's Nightmare. :shock: Thought it was just a rougher area, at least its first half. After getting the earliest Yarghuling possible, with normal enemies' 2HKOs raining on my fetal-positioned ass, I wasn't really fazed. ^__^

(fond memories of DSP doing his usual "BUHHH I CANT DO NUTHIN" while trying to run around Whippy-kun's remorseless shotgun blasts. :mrgreen: You wanna say "no, bro, you have iframes on tap, just scoot into the buckshot, nbd" but then that wouldn't be DSP)

Thanks for the heads-up on completion! I plan to take my time with this game, so I'll be back for sure. Though NG+ sounds good too. Even beyond the main storyline, Chalice has been a riot, as well. ANGERY zombies! It almost reminds me of RE4's classic Mercenaries mode - total emphasis on the action, and its bracingly strong mechanics.

Enjoying the Saif and BEASTCUTTER from my quick tour around HN. tbh, they both seem more geared towards PVP... could see 'em being a lot mixier-upper than the viciously fast but rather linear saw, which is more than sufficient for AI. INCREDIBLE toys from an aesthetic standpoint, though. Beastcutter, when you need to bring a truckload of sharp metal crashing down on a motherfucker's skull, or tearing across several's throats/knees. Saif's transformed L2 charge is just ridiculous. Buddy just hauls it overhead and smashes it down on whatever's in front like it's a cinderblock, I love it :twisted:

Yeah, honestly found Rom a nice change of pace. For me, the most intimidating thing about this game's bosses is their combination of massive size and frenetic, thrashing, gangly movement. With Cleric, Marvin, Parl (RIP), One Reborn and Ebrietas, I never quite felt safe getting close to them, even though doing so was vital to score damage. Marv got robbed, honestly, between Alfy tagging in and my lucking out with Gaz's poison-resistant gear. No word of a lie, even reviewing the tape, I can barely tell his face from his arsehole. I'm getting old, Burinju-kun >_>

Rom's simple movements and compact form were right up my alley, very DMC1 Nightmare (down to the classic "aimed projectile barrage dodged by keeping a steady run"). Still died twice, mind :lol: First when I tried to barrage 'em, and discovered the roly-poly "back the fuck off!" attack. Second when I just didn't press the advantage enough and got zako'd. Got the kill by taking my time, so I wouldn't eat a meteorite or get spider-bummed.

I love the detail on Rom's skull vs body vulnerability - minimal damage, unsatisfyingly woody *chukk* sound, killer use of audio as always. Tearing into the poor thing's side a different story. (I felt bad, honestly, rocking up to that nice Otogi-meets-Tekken 7 stage with this big dopey thing just chilling out - had hoped we could be friens Image)

I suspect being able to reload and practice would clear me right up, vs the wilder bosses, but no way in hell would I trade this game's uniquely dreadful momentum for a training aid. I really like the total inability to go back on your commitments here, unless I guess you copied your PS4's save data, but gethafuuuckouttaheyawitdat!

Had a choice rabbithole conundrum last night - made it to the splendidly oneric Lecture Hall (the mortar hats are a nice touch!) - but this also opened up Yarghuul mkII's no-nonsense tactical killfest, during which I found the Upper Cathedral key, and took out One Reborn for the Lecture Hall 2F. So I was spoiled for choice between UCW, Nightmare Frontier (yet another stunning sense of being well and truly "outdoors") and Mensis Nightmare... I decided to attack UCW first, before tackling Mensis, because it felt the more optional, being tied to Yargy's boss (INSPECT MUMMY).

When the path forks, I like going with the more optional-seeming choice, you never know if you'll find something nice. Regardless, goddamn does this game make me feel spoiled. Image

Of all the pricelessly unsettling, sometimes outright startling things in those areas, I think the wildest was that random hunter fought on Mensis's moon bridge. Nice looking chap, no mask even, could be an extra in a Robin Hood flick. I'm like "dude, with all the utterly bizarre shit between here and that godforsaken mountain, you're singling me out? am I that interesting? Look, lemme show you this great new bird I've discovered." Approached in the faint hope he might be a friendly, as I was fresh outta vials and bullets after a rough trip up the yeti-infested (and apparently fucking cursed :shock: yum, sedatives!) mountainside, followed by a scuffle with an army of giant spiders I destroyed with Bottleneck-Fu.

Yeah, nnnope. :lol: Killed the motherfucker with a couple parries, good riddance you weird cunt Image Would've been one parry, but I ran afoul of the apparently long-standing FromSoft flaw where enemies at higher footing than you (ie on stairs) will deny your riposte/V-Attack. Hmm. Seems the workaround is to hit 'em from the sides instead, after the parry. Old news, I've no doubt, but early days for me Image

I thought Yargy Again was a different part of the same complex :oops: Thought they were doing a Warrens/E3M9 thing from DOOM, where you'd cross over to the old map at some point. Awesome sense of creeping realisation that I was in the same place, just under... uh, new management. Loved the slow reveal of AWOL Sacky-kun's fate 3; They done 'em bad! That Carty Boi snackin' on Sacky's poor dead corpse, brr.

Spoiler

^^^ Thats what u call my SWEET REVENGE 4 SACKY-KUN Image

So rad, revisiting the Gaol only to find once-dread Sacky crushed and broken in the corner, with an utter fucking horror prowling the joint. Well, pretty sure it's just some kinda bastard manbeast, fights just like a wolf, but ho ho holy fuck, 10/10 model swap job there.

Adored this bit in the loft. I'm gonna be here all goddamn morning if I keep posting vids and gifs, took way too many screenshots too, this is one lovably eldritch death dungeoneer / town & country rambler Image