UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Lopenator

Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE

Post by Lopenator »

ldeveraux wrote:
Lopenator wrote:
Lethal wrote:Can I please get a reply to my 3 months and counting email? Not to be confrontational but I'd think that replying to paid customers that have been waiting 2 years would take precedent over making YPbPr cables that you apparently have the time to do.
I think most people here (myself included) have given up on this end accepting the lost. Many here are awaiting replies. Honestly dude, I wouldn't hold my breath.

There is always a possibility when sending someone money on the internet. No one's fault but our own.
What? That's what you got from the last 10 pages of replies from the brothers? They abandoned this project? Go back and read because I have no clue where you decided that most people have given up.
Hey dude I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you or anyone. I know a lot of people have lost faith.

I'm just saying, this guy has been waiting 3 months for a reply. I'm just saying don't hold your breath. Don't mean to offend.
skitals

Post by skitals »

Lopenator wrote:
Lethal wrote:Can I please get a reply to my 3 months and counting email? Not to be confrontational but I'd think that replying to paid customers that have been waiting 2 years would take precedent over making YPbPr cables that you apparently have the time to do.
I think most people here (myself included) have given up on this end accepting the lost. Many here are awaiting replies. Honestly dude, I wouldn't hold my breath.

There is always a possibility when sending someone money on the internet. No one's fault but our own.
It has been made clear you aren't getting a response to your email until you come up on the list. You come up on deck, they pull up your email thread, respond and/or ask how you want to proceed.

Bunch of inconsolable, impatient crybabies in this group buy. You put money down on a group buy and that's it, you just gotta wait. Refunds for impatience is not a thing in group buys, the fact they are offering them at all is remarkable.

The amount of dedication they have shown to seeing this through is commendable.

To all the people who tried to jump ship the second N64Digital was announced, how is that working on for you? Didn't for me, I would have loved to have both. Here at least I know I have a place in line, and I have faith I will get something eventually.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

Lopenator wrote:
Hey dude I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you or anyone. I know a lot of people have lost faith.

I'm just saying, this guy has been waiting 3 months for a reply. I'm just saying don't hold your breath. Don't mean to offend.
I'm not offended, I just think people have waited a long time for an update. When they finally got many, they saw the light at the end of the tunnel.
Lethal
Banned User

Post by Lethal »

Lopenator wrote:

It's looking more and more like that. They used to answer emails within a couple of days. Now it seems like they've gone into hiding and are simply stringing people along any time the heat is cranked up by several upset over the situation.

The last comment stated that replies to comments would be made the following day. That was a week ago.

I'm just glad that my paypal buyer protection is still active. I've tried to be very reasonable and patient up to this point but that can only last for so long and there's no valid reason why priority is being granted to make cables that would obviously be part of a package that they can't deliver the essential piece on regardless of an incompetent developer or natural disasters.

I never thought this would end up being a crowd funding campaign with an indefinite time frame based on the previous track record. I guess there's a first and last time for everything.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

Lethal wrote:
Lopenator wrote:

It's looking more and more like that. They used to answer emails within a couple of days. Now it seems like they've gone into hiding and are simply stringing people along any time the heat is cranked up by several upset over the situation.

The last comment stated that replies to comments would be made the following day. That was a week ago.

I'm just glad that my paypal buyer protection is still active. I've tried to be very reasonable and patient up to this point but that can only last for so long and there's no valid reason why priority is being granted to make cables that would obviously be part of a package that they can't deliver the essential piece on regardless of an incompetent developer or natural disasters.

I never thought this would end up being a crowd funding campaign with an indefinite time frame based on the previous track record. I guess there's a first and last time for everything.
How did a tornado affect your business?
hushed

Post by hushed »

Lethal wrote:
Lopenator wrote:
Lethal wrote:I never thought this would end up being a crowd funding campaign with an indefinite time frame based on the previous track record. I guess there's a first and last time for everything.
Hopefully this is the last post from someone who only joined in May of 2021, crying about the delay.
Lethal
Banned User

Post by Lethal »

ldeveraux wrote:How did a tornado affect your business?
What's that got to do with making cables instead of answering 3+ month old emails?
Lethal
Banned User

Post by Lethal »

hushed wrote:Hopefully this is the last post from someone who only joined in May of 2021, crying about the delay.
Hopefully you're being paid well to be white knighting so hard. Find another excuse. That one was pretty terrible.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

Lethal wrote:
What's that got to do with making cables instead of answering 3+ month old emails?
You run your business the way you want to, they will do the same. That's my point exactly. Until you have a say in their business practices, don't tell them how to run theirs.
rhetoricalnoise

Post by rhetoricalnoise »

I still haven't received a response to my email sent January 30th or to the follow-up email I eventually sent May 7th. So today I went ahead and opened a claim with Paypal.
Lethal
Banned User

Post by Lethal »

ldeveraux wrote:
Lethal wrote:
You run your business the way you want to, they will do the same. That's my point exactly. Until you have a say in their business practices, don't tell them how to run theirs.
As a fully paid customer that's been waiting for 2 years and has been ignored, I very much have every right to state my experience and expect that my concerns over the way things have been handled be addresses within a reasonable time frame. It's no different then leaving a review on amazon or ebay especially when statements are made that contradict previous ones or saying that X task will be completed on X day only for it to not be followed through with. As I mentioned previously in this thread, I intended to keep my communication private but because they haven't been answering emails my only option was to go public on this forum where this mess started. I'm sympathetic to their situation but at some point you need to be accountable to the customers that paid in good faith to have a product delivered.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

Lethal wrote:
As a fully paid customer that's been waiting for 2 years and has been ignored, I very much have every right to state my experience and expect that my concerns over the way things have been handled be addresses within a reasonable time frame. It's no different then leaving a review on amazon or ebay especially when statements are made that contradict previous ones or saying that X task will be completed on X day only for it to not be followed through with. As I mentioned previously in this thread, I intended to keep my communication private but because they haven't been answering emails my only option was to go public on this forum where this mess started. I'm sympathetic to their situation but at some point you need to be accountable to the customers that paid in good faith to have a product delivered.
Again, until you've had a fucking tornado upend your life, maybe keep it to yourself a bit longer...
TooBeaucoup

Post by TooBeaucoup »

ldeveraux wrote:
Lethal wrote:
Again, until you've had a fucking tornado upend your life, maybe keep it to yourself a bit longer...
The tornados were certainly understandable, but when multiple people claim they've sent emails as far as 6-8 months ago with no response, and some people 3-4 emails over the course of 6 months with no response, it gets rather frustrating, especially since that type of stuff was going on before the storms. I'm not saying they're bad dudes and I honestly don't believe there's anything shady going on in regards to them (Marshall is another story), but the major lack of communication is certainly not the coolest.
TickleMyElmo

Post by TickleMyElmo »

The tornados were certainly understandable, but when multiple people claim they've sent emails as far as 6-8 months ago with no response, and some people 3-4 emails over the course of 6 months with no response, it gets rather frustrating, especially since that type of stuff was going on before the storms. I'm not saying they're bad dudes and I honestly don't believe there's anything shady going on in regards to them (Marshall is another story), but the major lack of communication is certainly not the coolest.[/quote]

^^ this, especially the bit about lack of communication is not cool lol .. i think we all want communication for various reasons.. some refunds or what not , other random questions and some like myself are urgently waiting for them to update the spreadsheet with serial numbers from the other kits they have .. i wont be in that bunch as im just past 300 on the list but id still like to see it being updated to show their at the very least asigning kits to customers....im thought that bunch of pics they showed with the cables also had some boards? i could be wrong haha but if they have them and obviously access to the internet in some form so can access the google drive document why cant they just update it like mentioned? thats my one and only problem/suedo-sus thing i see.
hushed

Post by hushed »

There are updates, here on this thread. If it wasn't for all of the complaining, you could actually see them easily... They have be getting the systems out as quick as they can. Go look at the Google sheet. You can see changes on the people ahead of you in line. They are making progress, but it will be slow, as they still don't have all that they need.

Just cause you decided to go back on a purchase, doesn't mean they need to mess up their process for you. No doubt Round 7 will be the last round due to the jack wads on this thread.
Lethal
Banned User

Post by Lethal »

ldeveraux wrote:
Lethal wrote:
Again, the tornado is irrelevant when they instead choose to make cables when that time could be used replying to 3+ month old emails.
Lethal
Banned User

Post by Lethal »

hushed wrote:There are updates, here on this thread. If it wasn't for all of the complaining, you could actually see them easily... They have be getting the systems out as quick as they can. Go look at the Google sheet. You can see changes on the people ahead of you in line. They are making progress, but it will be slow, as they still don't have all that they need.

Just cause you decided to go back on a purchase, doesn't mean they need to mess up their process for you. No doubt Round 7 will be the last round due to the jack wads on this thread.
The google doc hasn't been touched since early February. I make a point of checking it once a week since they announced the first set of kits were shipped and that they had several hundred more that were already in the mail to them for the next batch.

So the "jackwads" appear to be the ones white knighting while spreading inaccuracies.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

Lethal wrote:Again, the tornado is irrelevant when they instead choose to make cables when that time could be used replying to 3+ month old emails.
Your comments have made you irrelevant. Your priorities are so far out of the realm of human decency and compassion it would suit you to never receive this product at all, let alone a response to your entitled and misguided questions/demands.
TickleMyElmo

Post by TickleMyElmo »

Lethal wrote:
hushed wrote:There are updates, here on this thread. If it wasn't for all of the complaining, you could actually see them easily... They have be getting the systems out as quick as they can. Go look at the Google sheet. You can see changes on the people ahead of you in line. They are making progress, but it will be slow, as they still don't have all that they need.

The google doc hasn't been touched since early February. I make a point of checking it once a week since they announced the first set of kits were shipped and that they had several hundred more that were already in the mail to them for the next batch.

So the "jackwads" appear to be the ones white knighting while spreading inaccuracies.

yes im the same i check about once,twice a week. Neither of us are on the refund train so i dont know what this white knighting asshat is on about, they wont give you your product faster by suction cupping their poopers. Just sayn, but no on a serious note the updates they posted in THIS thread do not represent the update we are asking for .. at in my eyes thats simply because the updates they share on here are more blog style obviously.. and as such its mostly just pictures of a group of boards when they first came in, then within a week id say the spread sheet was updated with serial numbers then the "work" was done aka installing and shipping out the product this happend in a relatively short period of time. Since then however ( FEB ) as previously mentioned NOTHING in the way of boards has been updated on the spread sheet, it appears they update it with minor details that only matter to them ( updated shipping/updated about persons refunds/ updated how many boards someone wants more or less .... etc etc but to restate the issue , there has been no serial number update since feb.. Which could be simply they are just "not" updating it while still doing it as it were .. To me though i dont care that its taken this long and i dont mind waiting longer as long as i get what i paid in full for, but its really about the fact its kinda odd in the least and is sus in the worst case.

They have the boards ... Why not just issue serial numbers and update the sheet going down the list?? It CANT take more than several hours of a single day to do this task, (my irl job is working crib in a factory) i know first hand how being lazy or just ignoring work can turn a 30min-1hour long job into a thing that takes days ..like someone said cables are cool are people will use them and i dont care that they make them but what i care about is that they CANT or WONT update the sheet but CAN make cables .......

To sumerize: in the least its odd, or in the worst its sus.

PS: i still love the guys for doing this for the community and im only simply observing and pointing out something i see in plain sight.
I hope you guys recover from the tornado though.
Lethal
Banned User

Post by Lethal »

ldeveraux wrote:
Lethal wrote:Again, the tornado is irrelevant when they instead choose to make cables when that time could be used replying to 3+ month old emails.
Your comments have made you irrelevant. Your priorities are so far out of the realm of human decency and compassion it would suit you to never receive this product at all, let alone a response to your entitled and misguided questions/demands.
Waiting 2 years for an undelivered product then expecting some accountability when my emails go ignored for 3+ months is none of those things but by all means keep spindoctoring the situation by virtue signaling.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

Lethal wrote:
ldeveraux wrote:
Waiting 2 years for an undelivered product then expecting some accountability when my emails go ignored for 3+ months is none of those things but by all means keep spindoctoring the situation by virtue signaling.
Here's a Kickstarter that has gone un-updated in more than 18 months, and completely undelivered in 7 years. Go cry about waiting somewhere else.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/16 ... ic-printer
Lethal
Banned User

Post by Lethal »

ldeveraux wrote:Here's a Kickstarter that has gone un-updated in more than 18 months, and completely undelivered in 7 years. Go cry about waiting somewhere else.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last time I checked this wasn't a kickstarter program and 7 years is by no means normal even for that platform. Another failure.

The fact you've had to resort to grasping at straws in desperation for any semblance of a logical argument is laughable.

Have you run out of excuses yet or will you keep bringing up irrelevant comparisons?

And who's truly the one crying here? All I'm asking is for is a response and you took it upon yourself to be offended and jump on the defensive when you have literally nothing to do with this.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

Lethal wrote:
ldeveraux wrote:Here's a Kickstarter that has gone un-updated in more than 18 months, and completely undelivered in 7 years. Go cry about waiting somewhere else.

Last time I checked this wasn't a kickstarter program and 7 years is by no means normal even for that platform. Another failure.

The fact you've had to resort to grasping at straws in desperation for any semblance of a logical argument is laughable.

Have you run out of excuses yet or will you keep bringing up irrelevant comparisons?

And who's truly the one crying here? All I'm asking is for is a response and you took it upon yourself to be offended and jump on the defensive when you have literally nothing to do with this.
Here's the thing: if you bothered to read the thread before you whined about not getting a response, you'd see I was one of the first ones to question their motives. But they came back in spades with update after update, often sharing too much. But you'd only recognize that if you'd taken the time to actually read some of those responses before running to mom with a skinned knee, tears in eyes. We can't help you if you don't help yourself.

Also a tornado ripped through their town and their business. I know I've repeated that on multiple occasions, but its gravity clearly doesn't sink in with you.
Lethal
Banned User

Post by Lethal »

ldeveraux wrote:
Lethal wrote:

Here's the thing: if you bothered to read the thread before you whined about not getting a response, you'd see I was one of the first ones to question their motives. But they came back in spades with update after update, often sharing too much. But you'd only recognize that if you'd taken the time to actually read some of those responses before running to mom with a skinned knee, tears in eyes. We can't help you if you don't help yourself.

Also a tornado ripped through their town and their business. I know I've repeated that on multiple occasions, but its gravity clearly doesn't sink in with you.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Here's the thing:" I couldn’t care less about anything you've said prior to now. I’ve read the first post which has been updated multiple times. That doesn’t change that my emails have been ignored for nearly 4 months, well before the issue of a tornado. Rather then respond to said emails they claim to be making cables to go with kits they can’t get out to begin with. I have no issue with waiting because of a natural disaster. I have an issue with them saying they don’t have time then contradict themselves and openly choose not to take accountability answering emails for updates to specific orders. You can keep repeating the tornado excuse as many times as you want, I’ll just continue to laugh at your ineptitude since it has nothing to do with the facts I’ve presented nor timeline I'm referencing.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

Lethal wrote: "Here's the thing:" I couldn’t care less about anything you've said prior to now. I’ve read the first post which has been updated multiple times. That doesn’t change that my emails have been ignored for nearly 4 months, well before the issue of a tornado. Rather then respond to said emails they claim to be making cables to go with kits they can’t get out to begin with. I have no issue with waiting because of a natural disaster. I have an issue with them saying they don’t have time then contradict themselves and openly choose not to take accountability answering emails for updates to specific orders. You can keep repeating the tornado excuse as many times as you want, I’ll just continue to laugh at your ineptitude since it has nothing to do with the facts I’ve presented nor timeline I'm referencing.
Can't imagine why they might ignore an email from you.
Lethal
Banned User

Post by Lethal »

ldeveraux wrote:
Lethal wrote: "Here's the thing:" I couldn’t care less about anything you've said prior to now. I’ve read the first post which has been updated multiple times. That doesn’t change that my emails have been ignored for nearly 4 months, well before the issue of a tornado. Rather then respond to said emails they claim to be making cables to go with kits they can’t get out to begin with. I have no issue with waiting because of a natural disaster. I have an issue with them saying they don’t have time then contradict themselves and openly choose not to take accountability answering emails for updates to specific orders. You can keep repeating the tornado excuse as many times as you want, I’ll just continue to laugh at your ineptitude since it has nothing to do with the facts I’ve presented nor timeline I'm referencing.
Can't imagine why they might ignore an email from you.
It's pretty simple. Until a mouth breather named "ideveraux" came along and started spamming "wHy U cRy?" like a manchild, all of my correspondence was civil even once they stopped replying to emails. Not to mention, based on the numerous complaints about the same problem from various other users it's not at all specific to just my order. But by all means keep being a puppet and blindly running to their aid. It will be interesting to see how you try to spin this to some how place the blame on the buyer yet again.
Fluor

Post by Fluor »

Hi, just wanted to circle back to the fact that I'm yet to receive my refund. It has been 129 days already. My last email was April 12th and nothing yet.
I understand things went crazy due to the hurricane but I hope I can get mine in one way or another. Name on the list is Scout Fluor.
samson7point1

Post by samson7point1 »

@CZRoe
Just to be sure that I understand your last reply - Ichinisan is processing the list in order no matter if people have requested refunds or still want the UltraHDMI, and therefore I will not receive my requested refund until after all the people before me on the list have either been refunded or had their device shipped, correct?

Can I get an update on what position on the list he's at? There haven't been any updates past #109 in the spreadsheet for a while.
SonicAdvDX

Post by SonicAdvDX »

Fluor wrote:Hi, just wanted to circle back to the fact that I'm yet to receive my refund. It has been 129 days already. My last email was April 12th and nothing yet.
I understand things went crazy due to the hurricane but I hope I can get mine in one way or another. Name on the list is Scout Fluor.
You guys who jumped into this thing at the last minute need to understand; you placed yourselves at the end of a LOOOOOOOONG line of people who have been waiting much longer than you. Addressing the needs everybody ahead of you on that list will take priority over yours; it would be unfair to everyone else who waited 2+ years longer than you if they didn't. Being a squeakier wheel isn't going to get you oiled any faster.

The fact that this guy changed his mind and wanted to cancel BARELY A WEEK after placing his order is frankly hilarious, and speaks to a complete lack of knowledge of the nature of this group-buy. Maybe you shouldn't be throwing money at enthusiast projects, if you're going to whine and stomp your feet when their "customer service" doesn't live up to the likes of Amazon. They never claimed to be professionals, they're just two guys trying to manage OVER 850 ORDERS.

From my perspective, the most unfortunate part of all this is that no matter how much you guys bitch, moan, and insult the Turners; when they do eventually work their way down the queue to your refund requests, I'm sure they'll still respond with the utmost courtesy and offer to eat the PayPal fees for you out of the kindness of their hearts. And NONE of you will deserve it.

Stay mad.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

SonicAdvDX wrote:You guys who jumped into this thing at the last minute need to understand; you placed yourselves at the end of a LOOOOOOOONG line of people who have been waiting much longer than you. Addressing the needs everybody ahead of you on that list will take priority over yours; it would be unfair to everyone else who waited 2+ years longer than you if they didn't. Being a squeakier wheel isn't going to get you oiled any faster.

The fact that this guy changed his mind and wanted to cancel BARELY A WEEK after placing his order is frankly hilarious, and speaks to a complete lack of knowledge of the nature of this group-buy. Maybe you shouldn't be throwing money at enthusiast projects, if you're going to whine and stomp your feet when their "customer service" doesn't live up to the likes of Amazon. They never claimed to be professionals, they're just two guys trying to manage OVER 850 ORDERS.

From my perspective, the most unfortunate part of all this is that no matter how much you guys bitch, moan, and insult the Turners; when they do eventually work their way down the queue to your refund requests, I'm sure they'll still respond with the utmost courtesy and offer to eat the PayPal fees for you out of the kindness of their hearts. And NONE of you will deserve it.

Stay mad.
11 total posts. This guy gets it.