COVID-19 in your part of the world

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Blacksheep
Banned User

Re: COVID-19 in your part of the world

Post by Blacksheep »

Deleted, sorry.
Last edited by Blacksheep on Sat May 29, 2021 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
system11

Post by system11 »

Deleted a couple of posts. Someone can't log in anymore.

I'm going to suggest that archiving posts & images for the purpose of weaponising them later (long after personal information was removed) is ... probably not within the spirit of the rules or acceptable behaviour.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Well that sucked the joy out of this argument. :(

Make fun, not dox!
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Never post in this one, but read it everyday cause it is oh so entertaining.

Clearly I missed some things in the last 12 hours. Oh well..
My lord, I have come for you.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Well hey, I just watched the perfect palette-cleanser to get this discussion back on track after last night's unpleasantness:

An exploration of the sordid origins of the modern anti-vax movement!

Once it gets going, it's an edge-of-your-seat crazy train through a world of fraudulent junk-science, crooked lawyers, unnecessary dangerous child experimentation, sensationalist media all-too-happy to push alarmist bullshit for ratings, and at the center of it all a doctor losing his destroying his career and reputation while becoming filthy rich off the backs of grieving parents blaming themselves for their child's autism.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Is there anything sadder than mofos who keep an entire excel spreadsheet full of links to old forum posts to launch a SICK EPIC BURN years later?

And yeah, anti-vaxx is nutty.
Hoagtech

Post by Hoagtech »

system11 wrote:Deleted a couple of posts. Someone can't log in anymore.

I'm going to suggest that archiving posts & images for the purpose of weaponising them later (long after personal information was removed) is ... probably not within the spirit of the rules or acceptable behaviour.
Why don’t you just nuke these threads altogether?

There mainly an echo chamber for chodes circle jerking each other spreading their “wokeness” while antagonizing people who dare to think for themselves..

I would love it if the “off topic” section still had a no political shitpost clause in it..

I come to shmups to avoid these social media style opinion pushers and now this website is and has been infected by these style of posts until people relinquish personal information in attempts to jab just out of frustration of the topic.
Copyright 1987
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

You're requesting a "safe space" in other words?

Hoagtech

Post by Hoagtech »

Mischief Maker wrote:You're requesting a "safe space" in other words?
Yes so I don’t have put up with taints like yourself shoving your opinion dicks down people’s throats on a shootemup/display tech forum..

No politics clauses are very common on social media groups and forums for this reason.

You guys are like the smug assholes in Dinner for Shmucks waiting for the next Zach Galifianakis to make fun of.
Copyright 1987
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

You clicked on a topic titled "COVID-19 in your part of the world" and you were shocked, shocked to find that there is politics going on in here?

Hoagtech

Post by Hoagtech »

“Shocked, shocked

It didn’t take long to cue your dickface banter.

It’s despairing to see respected AV intellectuals divided over politics. I respect the advice and opinions and could care less about their political stances.

I would love it if I didn’t have to see your political +1’s ever again and would rather see your retro gaming setup and RGBs attenuation.
Copyright 1987
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Hoagtech wrote:I would love it if I didn’t have to see your political +1’s ever again
Then don't click the obvious political topic threads.

This is not a topic about whether the ViewSonic XG270 truly delivers CRT-like performance and suddenly a bunch of people started going wildly off-topic and talking about vaccines. This is clearly labeled as a thread about one of the biggest if not THE biggest political stories of the last year. You knew what you were getting into when you clicked on this topic.

I mean shit, they even took the time to segregate the non-shmup gaming from the general off-topic threads. At this point you only have yourself to blame for exposure to my awful, awful political takes.
Last edited by Mischief Maker on Sat May 29, 2021 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

system11

Post by system11 »

Hoagtech wrote:“Shocked, shocked

It’s despairing to see respected AV intellectuals divided over politics. I respect the advice and opinions and could care less about their political stances.

I would love it if I didn’t have to see your political +1’s ever again and would rather see your retro gaming setup and RGBs attenuation.
I've had arguments similar to this from people with opinions different to yours.

It's very simple:
1) I don't want to ban politics in off-topic, but the complaints are why off topic was split into general gaming and true off-topic. I'm fairly comfortable with it being mostly confined to two large topics.
2) You don't have to read things you don't like.
3) You don't have to judge people based on differences when you also have things in common. I can't stress this enough, agreeing to disagree is possible. You may even learn something, I know I do.

The line to be drawn is bullying, doxxing, carrying on disagreements in other threads etc.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
Hoagtech

Post by Hoagtech »

system11 wrote:
Hoagtech wrote:“Shocked, shocked

I've had arguments similar to this from people with opinions different to yours.

It's very simple:
1) I don't want to ban politics in off-topic, but the complaints are why off topic was split into general gaming and true off-topic. I'm fairly comfortable with it being mostly confined to two large topics.
2) You don't have to read things you don't like.
3) You don't have to judge people based on differences when you also have things in common. I can't stress this enough, agreeing to disagree is possible. You may even learn something, I know I do.

The line to be drawn is bullying, doxxing, carrying on disagreements in other threads etc.

That’s fair and #3 was the reason I wanted these topics removed in the first place.

Having to hear people being accused of being a Q-anon dipshit and brain damage because of disagreeing with government control (and possibly stating they’re a Christian) is disgusting. Treat people with respect not like you have the biggest pipe and the curliest mustache..
Copyright 1987
Mortificator

Post by Mortificator »

Hoagtech wrote:Having to hear people being accused of being a Q-anon dipshit and brain damage because of disagreeing with government control (and possibly stating they’re a Christian) is disgusting. Treat people with respect not like you have the biggest pipe and the curliest mustache..
I do have at least one of those things though.

Regardless of the link between head trauma and right-wing shittery, I don't think every conservative was conked on the cranium. Those who read a truly insane screed by someone saying to live in caves and that hamburgers killed his wife, then try to pass it off as "well people only laugh at this guy because he's CHRISTIAN!!" are probably just dumb.
RegalSin wrote:You can't even drive across the country Naked anymore
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Hoagtech wrote:Having to hear people being accused of being a Q-anon dipshit and brain damage because of disagreeing with government control (and possibly stating they’re a Christian) is disgusting.
But no disgust for the cavalcade of insults supergrafx77 sent my way in response to this?
Mischief Maker wrote:Shit, dude, when I said you pulled a David Horowitz after marching to these forums in 2016 to announce you'd gone full horseshoe-theory and voted Trump, I was being crass. But you've really fallen down a rabbit hole since then, haven't you?
supergrafx77 wrote:arrogant rat
supergrafx77 wrote:smug fool
supergrafx77 wrote:You are literally the only one I dislike on here
supergrafx77 wrote:hillbot
supergrafx77 wrote:You are pathetic
supergrafx77 wrote:I bet you are the type to brag about facebook friend/twitter follower count as well
supergrafx77 wrote:Pathetic beta male
Holy shit, all I said was he fell down a rabbit hole!
supergrafx77 wrote:As an Orthodox Christian now, I realize I shouldn't judge you.
Oh good. He remembered his new Christian values and is going to conduct himself in the image of Christ and...
supergrafx77 wrote:like the rat you are
The fact that he knew he was being un-Christian makes it worse than if he'd been insulting me as an ignorant heathen!

Now don't get me wrong, Hoagtech, I love a good scrap on discussion forums and I'll survive supergrafx77's words just fine.

But since you've appointed yourself tone-police-chief of this forum, I can't help noticing the unequal enforcement of your own laws here.

I was baptised Catholic, does that raise me out of second-class citizenship under your regime?

Hoagtech

Post by Hoagtech »

@ “Morty”

You have a keyboard or touch screen I’m sure of it..

Rather than debate his points you summarize him as mentally ill.

Either your too lazy reply to the convo or your a cynical asshole..

I’m thinking “both”

And for FFS preservatives in food linked to cancer and obesity are among the leading causes of death in the world.

That doesn’t make someone a mongloid for stating their opinion..
Copyright 1987
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Hoagtech wrote:Rather than debate his points you summarize him as mentally ill.
How exactly do you "debate" someone who says that both Black Lives Matter and the Proud Boys are both psyops for Israel?
"I like vanilla ice cream better than chocolate" is an opinion whose application in your life doesn't affect others' lives and thus can and should be expressed without others questioning your motives, how well you've thought through your stance, or what tangible facts you can back up said opinion with.

"The 2020 election was stolen" and "men are meant to always be above women" are a very different matter.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

There is no greater proof of the decadence of our degenerate society than the fact that delicious vanilla is considered synonymous with "plain."

Hoagtech

Post by Hoagtech »

BulletMagnet wrote:
Hoagtech wrote:Rather than debate his points you summarize him as mentally ill.
How exactly do you "debate" someone who says that both Black Lives Matter and the Proud Boys are both psyops for Israel?
"I like vanilla ice cream better than chocolate" is an opinion whose application in your life doesn't affect others' lives and thus can and should be expressed without others questioning your motives, how well you've thought through your stance, or what tangible facts you can back up said opinion with.

"The 2020 election was stolen" and "men are meant to always be above women" are a very different matter.
I would start by any form of debate that doesn’t team bully people by accusing them of mental illness...

People could say “the sky is purple and the government adds ink to the clouds to create a hue that brainwashes more efficiently” and regardless of my opinion. I wouldn’t sequester my “clique” to make him seem retarded like a bullies toadstool little bitch in high school..
Copyright 1987
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Hoagtech wrote:People could say “the sky is purple and the government adds ink to the clouds to create a hue that brainwashes more efficiently” and regardless of my opinion. I wouldn’t sequester my “clique” to make him seem retarded like a bullies toadstool little bitch in high school..
Interesting choice of hypothetical!

Because in my home state of Wisconsin a few months ago there was a story about a wacky guy who believed the Earth was flat and the sky was a shield put up by the government to prevent us from seeing the giant face of God looming over us. No reason to be a bunch of cliquish high school bullies to a harmless kook like that, is there?

Except why would the paper even do a story about a guy with weird beliefs like that?

Oh right, because those beliefs led him to intentionally sabotage over 500 doses of Covid vaccine during the early rollout when the most life-threatened patients were first in line, and at least 50 sabotaged doses were put in actual patients' arms before he was caught. Yeah, that's the problem with wacky right-wingers these last few years, they're kind of a danger to everyone else.

I'm genuinely sorry you had such a rough time in high school. Middle school was awful for me. Please don't carry that with you the rest of your life.

Hoagtech

Post by Hoagtech »

Hey @MM

I was trying to say you guys should be nicer to outside opinions
Copyright 1987
Randorama

Post by Randorama »

Hoagtech wrote:Hey @MM

I was trying to say you guys should be nicer to outside opinions
...but which one is the "outside" opinion? Setting aside the issue on what counts as an opinion, Is there an "inside", official opinion on this forum that e.g. the administrator and the moderators force down on everyone else?

It's like I care about whatever content is posted on this thread, except for entertainment value.
This and the "politics" thread seem to revolve around a group of people, mostly from the US, who have spent *years* talking past each other.
I agree that posting here feels like entering a room full of people who are following some mysterious, unwritten rules, mind you, but content-wise...I don't see much agreement on anything.

Still, I am vaguely curious as how you came up with this statement.
Care to elaborate and define who's "inside"?

Other people should actually see through this question, but if they make smug comments, I declare myself innocent anyway.
Chomsky, Buckminster Fuller, Yunus and Glass would have played Battle Garegga, for sure.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Hoagtech wrote:People could say “the sky is purple and the government adds ink to the clouds to create a hue that brainwashes more efficiently” and regardless of my opinion. I wouldn’t sequester my “clique” to make him seem retarded like a bullies toadstool little bitch in high school..
If someone says something so far divorced from reality on a matter of genuine importance (and, as was mentioned, is willing to take actions that affect other people based on it) I'm afraid there are only two possibilities: one, they don't actually believe a word they're saying and are only subscribing to such a ridiculous stance because it gives them cover for actions that would otherwise invite more drastic consequences ("you can't tell me not to do that, I have a right to my beliefs!"), or, two, they genuinely need serious mental help.

What they don't need, in either case, is, as MM put it, a safe space to continue to wreak total havoc while the rest of us pretend it's a perfectly "legitimate" thing to do.
supergrafx77

Post by supergrafx77 »

BulletMagnet wrote:
If someone says something so far divorced from reality on a matter of genuine importance (and, as was mentioned, is willing to take actions that affect other people based on it) I'm afraid there are only two possibilities: one, they don't actually believe a word they're saying and are only subscribing to such a ridiculous stance because it gives them cover for actions that would otherwise invite more drastic consequences ("you can't tell me not to do that, I have a right to my beliefs!"), or, two, they genuinely need serious mental help.

What they don't need, in either case, is, as MM put it, a safe space to continue to wreak total havoc and pretend it's a perfectly "legitimate" thing to do.
Bulletmagnet and co.:

Something said to which is "divorced from (your) reality of genuine importance," which you, MM, and Mortified, perhaps GP as well, have made clear that the mark of the beast/vax, is normalcy to yourselves, and all other such "divorced realities," other than your own, are to be debunked and socially pissed on, not so much as scrutinized or looked into, without even arguing upon the issues, because of a "genuine importance," once again to yourself and others, whom you would think for, and for me, is far more dangerous... (who in opposition to my opinions, even looked up what a pole/polar shift is; if they had, they would have seen that it is based on facts; it is a natural phenomenon; physicists know the pole is shifting/it always shifts/but is shifting very fast now). That is not even debatable...

Talking of so called reality and I'm repeating myself now like the broken record Bernie Sanders.... they are telling the public that tik tok spacecraft are being seen daily by our US Airforce along the West Coast. And like System11 explained, the normies in the UK for example and there are many such examples, are concerned w/ the PM's wallpaper and or/girlfriend. It is what it is. You are free to join in on The View with other females that would discuss such frivolous matters only months later to move onto another subject, equally of little importance. I am busy connecting the dots, and in terms of the unidentified objects splashing in and out of the ocean, darting off daily in the eyes of fighter aircraft, it is my hypothesis that the pole shift is coming soon and they are observing us very closely right now. And for some reason, while some stay focused w/ their attention on things like wallpaper, they are building mag rail tunnels in West Virginia around and towards the Appalachian Mountains, where shale has survived for so long and is quite solid. Very interesting, much more so than the PM's wallpaper or what you call or don't call crazy. It is just my opinion. You are free to have yours.

As far as attacking my beliefs that society is being broken down by destroying the family and order (God over man, man over woman, woman over child), that goes against even our primal animal instincts as a species (male, female, daughter and son), without getting into religion, that is ok too. I don't think societies or families' structures look thriving at them moment, but to each their own. I see a breakdown in ethics and morality, regardless if you hold a given faith or follow a given religion. I see organized confusion that is very deliberate.

Lastly, In reply to, "What they don't need, in either case, is, as MM put it, a safe space to continue to wreak total havoc and pretend it's a perfectly "legitimate" thing to do.," what is such a safe place, your mind? Have my crazy ideas wreaked havoc in your brain/s? The gentlemen (the guy that spiked covid vaxxes; etc.), that MM brought into the discussion and decided to throw shade on my own opinions/beliefs/thoughts brought forward in this thread, this is a common tactic of derailing any debate one feels they can not win. In that ridiculous attempt at throwing shade on my arguments, that guy who would "sabotage vaxxes," had no right to decide others' fates. I may think that the vax is the mark of the beast, and I will tell you straight, I do. However, even in regards to my own children, it is up to them. It is quite clear to me, that this is a biblical moment that will test any man's faith/redemption. As painful as it is to see even your own child, follow the mother/and or the devil himself, instead of the father/God, it is what it is. This is a choice we all will have to make. We can not make the choice for others. This picture pretty much sums it up/Your choices are your own/your thoughts are yours to control, you have no authority to judge or control/choose for others, including your own children, especially when they have become adults/for instance, College kids being mandated to vax to attend colleges (you can only try to guide them)/we have free will, the choice is theirs to make and theirs alone/you can lead the camel/horse to water, you can not force it to drink:

GaijinPunch

Post by GaijinPunch »

The mark of the beast needs to leave a mark by definition -- and it was never meant as a means to survive pestilence. At least not in Holy Bible: White Surburbian Version which I grew up on
RegalSin wrote:New PowerPuff Girls. They all have evil pornstart eyelashes.
supergrafx77

Post by supergrafx77 »

GaijinPunch wrote:The mark of the beast needs to leave a mark by definition -- and it was never meant as a means to survive pestilence. At least not in Holy Bible: White Surburbian Version which I grew up on
It is clearly a bioweapon, to my eyes even when those eyes are Eyes Wide Shut. "Don't let the cure, be worse than the disease." Best believe.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

supergrafx77 wrote:It is clearly a bioweapon
Clearly! Let's explore how the Covid vaccine actually works:

Quick genetics lesson, kiddos! Your DNA can be viewed as a huge catalog of blueprints to manufacture all the many parts needed in your cells. When it's time to build a certain part, the area of DNA where the blueprint is located is unzipped and a short copy of that section is created. The copy is called "messenger RNA" or mRNA. The mRNA is taken to the ribosomes which are roughly equivalent to 3D printers. The ribosomes manufacture the cell part according to the mRNA's blueprint, then the mRNA is discarded and broken down.

The Covid vaccines are lab-manufactured mRNA strands that code for the Covid spike protein. So your cell takes in a strand of vaccine mRNA, prints a spike protein at the ribosomes, then discards the vaccine like any other mRNA strand. The process never involves your DNA at all.

Why print the spike protein? The Covid spike protein is roughly equivalent to a lockpick that allows the Covid virus to enter your cells and cause havok. The spike protein by itself floating around your bloodstream doesn't infect anything, but it does cause an immune response which results in your body manufacturing antibodies designed to latch onto the specific shape of covid-19 spikes. So when an actual covid-19 virus enters your bloodstream, its spike proteins are covered in antibodies so it can't even use its lockpick to enter your cells in the first place. Plus the antibodies act like a chemical alarm so other parts of your immune system can find and kill the virus.

So let's say you're unvaccinated, but you're such a healthy manly-man you will survive the covid-19 infection without noticeable symptoms. What is happening inside your body? Well the covid viruses, using their spike proteins, pierce your cells and vomit their own genetic material inside. This genetic material re-writes the DNA of that cell. Your infested cells then start rapidly manufacturing brand new covid-19 viruses until the cells literally burst and hundreds of new viruses pour into your bloodstream to infect new cells. Think the chestburster scene from "Alien," only instead of a single chestburster tearing out of his stomach, Kane explodes like a blood sausage in the microwave and hundreds of chestbursters fly in every direction. So while from the outside perspective you're just oiling yourself up and flexing without symptoms, there is still a lovecraftian horror show happening inside your body.

And while this is going on, you're a vector for pestilence, because many of the covid-19 particles bursting out of your cells are traveling to your lungs and being exhaled into every room you're walking through, waiting the chance to be breathed in by other people. If you're wearing a mask or two, most of the viruses you exhale will get caught in the mask fibers and won't harm anyone else.

But what's worse, every time one of your infested cells makes a copy the sick cells could fuck it up and cause a mutation. Most mutated viruses will be weaker or even dead, but every once in a while the mutant virus will be stronger with an altered spike lockpick that has an even easier time facehugging your cells and consequently are deadlier to younger/healthier people than the original wild-type covid-19.

And even if you survive the infection and your immune system kills off the covid by itself, the levels of Covid-19 antibody in your bloodstream are still lower than if you got the vaccine. Which is why so many Covid survivors get the vaccine afterward. Like Donald Trump. Who subsequently recommended his supporters get the vaccine.

TL;DR: The vaccine doesn't rewrite your DNA, but Covid-19 definitely does. Just because you don't feel symptoms during a Covid-19 infection doesn't mean a Cronenberg-esque horror show isn't happening inside your body or that you aren't an agent of pestilence while it happens. Donald Trump got the vaccine and encourages you to do the same.

supergrafx77

Post by supergrafx77 »

We shall see, "build back better bros."
vol.2

Post by vol.2 »

So, slightly unrelated but related and definitely about Covid...

Since the beginning of this thing, it seemed to me that this pandemic was an ideal way for a country or some group to test the effectiveness of a biological weapon on basically every country in the entire world, but mostly on the US.

Whether or not this was created in a lab (I think the jury is still out on that, but it looks very plausible), and whether or not it went according to plan, I think that Covid effectively revealed how vulnerable the US is to a biological attack. Even with the "practice" we have had this time around, the information on which places to disturb our society are so effective in disrupting our response that the "test" has been a win for any foreign nation wishing to do us harm (collectively). Extremist terrorism does not care about internal US political divides. They only want to see us all beheaded (or slowly dying from some terrible bug).

I'm disheartened by our lack of unified response, in spite of any fundamental political differences. Our first thought should always be to survive and all that other stuff later.

That's the disconnect that Huxley referred to in our society; extreme misplacement of priorities will lead to the extinction of the human race.