Roll-Call Seattle, Portland, Vancouver shooting fans

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
Queen Charlene

Re: Roll-Call Seattle, Portland, Vancouver shooting fans

Post by Queen Charlene »

absolutely! honestly i can't wait for this shit to die down because i cannot wait to play with everyone. :D
Hoagtech

Post by Hoagtech »

What do you guys think about having a mask and wipes shmupmeet?

I can picture being responsibly safe and wiping down the CP after I crush you guys with my Gradius IV high score lol jk.

Just an idea. I don’t want to jeopardize anyone’s safety or equipment.

But if we’re down I could bring my own CP’s if someones worried about Isopropyl alcohol damage.
Copyright 1987
finisherr

Post by finisherr »

Been pretty busy with work and my engineering projects that I haven't played shmups in months so I sort of forgot about this. You can count on me to be there when we have a vaccine. Otherwise, I probably won't want to roll the dice myself.
marus

Post by marus »

I have to agree. I'm sad the last meet got cancelled but I can't say I'd support another one right now.

Maybe we can do some kind of small online thing? Of course it's not as cool as hanging out in person, but it might be fun to pick a day where we all stream, or we can do something stupid like a MAME roulette.
Queen Charlene

Post by Queen Charlene »

yeah i agree that i'd rather wait until at least phase 4 is rolled out everywhere in WA. i don't know what Seattle looks like right now, but Olympia recently had a pretty major surge in cases over the course of the last few weeks... although it seems(?) to be dying down a bit here. i'd imagine Seattle probably still looks pretty bad, what with being a much larger city than little ol' Oly. either way, traveling to and from won't be so easy for me to do comfortably due to my reliance on public transit...
troyoy

Post by troyoy »

Too bad this virus hit, I live in Bremerton WA. Just found out about this site from another site. I am currently playing every JAPAN shmup realesed on the xbox 360. I know this site seems to have a broader range but I am and achievement whore on xbox one and 360. Love shmups though.
bk_figames

Post by bk_figames »

I know no one is going anywhere these days - but I'm in the Portland, OR area.
strygo

Re: 2021 fundraiser - new server

Post by strygo »

Wow, fellow folks from Washington state. Hello!
marus

2021 fundraiser - new server

Post by marus »

Hello! I don't want to clutter this thread but we have a small shmupmeet thread and discord with other people from the area if you want to say hi.
Queen Charlene

Post by Queen Charlene »

hey folks! just wanted to post some good news in here for once. :wink:

Washington state residents will be able to make COVID-19 vaccine appointments without needing to go through WA Phase Finder starting March 31st! everybody go get vaccinated, so we can do this damn thing! :mrgreen:

https://www.khq.com/coronavirus/washing ... 11d95.html
marus

Post by marus »

Not only that, anyone 16 and older will be eligible starting April 15!

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... -april-15/
Hoagtech

Post by Hoagtech »

I get mine next week Friday.

+1 shmupmeet ready..
Copyright 1987
Queen Charlene

Post by Queen Charlene »

April 21st is when i get my next dose, so maybe sometime in May or June a meetup could be feasible! :mrgreen:

it turns out one of my friends recently became the boss of Ground Kontrol as well, so i'm gonna try to look into seeing if i can get some meets arranged there... after all, i love traveling to Portland ;) .
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

Can't believe I missed this thread! Vaccination's going slower up here in Canada, and I'm sure the border's staying closed a good awhile longer, but I'd love to make it to a PNW meet one of these days. I've got a PCB and a few consoles I could bring.
Soulless187

Post by Soulless187 »

KevinDDR wrote:3 New Net Cities, an Astro, 5+ PVMs and Strikers/Garegga/RSG/TGM/TGM2/TGM3/Monkey Ball plus many many more! 360 and PS2 easily connected to the cabs as well, plus enough XRGBs and OSSCs and Datapaths to capture from probably every cab in the house at once. Just moved back into the area so maybe we should do a meet soon and break in the new house! I'm also not that far from Full Tilt (the ice cream shop). :)

Dude im moving into your place, im quiet, ill pay rent as long as I can play some of those classics. IF you need a person to help repair these im down lol. Awesome pic love your cabs.
MachineAres 1CC

Post by MachineAres 1CC »

Just wanted to throw it out there for anyone who's not in our Seattle area discord group, I'm planning to have a Shmupmeet at my house in Kenmore, WA next Saturday the 21st and just wanted to see if anyone else is interested

I can pick people up from nearby train or bus stations if needed, just let me know, and I have room for about 5-6 cars in my driveway and street area with no curfews or restrictions.

I've got 9 different monitor setups including a few CRTs, a small scale MAME arcade cab and have around 90-100% of all shmups released on all consoles, plus a gaming PC to run any Steam or doujin stuff.

Just as a heads up, vaccinations are required (everyone has had ample time and opportunity to get it now)

I know it's a little short notice, but PM me if you have questions or for details if you think you can make it and hope to hear from some people soon!
JUST A COUPLE MORE SHOTS です
Achievements/trophies|1CC List
Twitch|Genesis Shmups project
XBL & PSN: IDOLxISxDEAD
marus

Post by marus »

Covid threw a wrench in our last few attempts to do a shmupmeet, but now that things have more or less stabilized, I'm trying to see if there's interested in holding another meetup! Nothing specific is planned yet, but so far there's 3 other people interested. I'm thinking we can shoot for some weekend in July or August.

Anyways I'd love to meet some other shmuppers in the area! If you'd like to come hang out, free to reply here, or we have a PNW discord as well: https://discord.gg/SbcBj7Ka4H
Last edited by marus on Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
alamone

Post by alamone »

I'll be in Seattle for Nintendo Live (Seattle Convention Center) on Sep. 2, so if you guys want to do a meet that weekend I'm down for it.
misumisu

Post by misumisu »

Dead thread revival lol :twisted:

Wish I knew about this thread a week ago when I advertised our impromptu SHUMPMeet in the Seattle region ;-;. Alas, it was yesterday but went really well so we want to turn it into a reoccurring thing. Targeting quarterly atm, so the next one will probably be in the April/May time frame. I'll post more once we start solidifying plans, but if you can make it out Seattle, I'd love to meet new people and share what we have to the masses.

You can see photos and videos of yesterdays meet in it's thread:
viewtopic.php?t=72678
ave

Post by ave »

Are there any folks in Vancouver area on the Canadian side of the border?
THE ETERNAL
marus

Post by marus »

Heya! I don't know if they hang out here on the forums, but there's a couple shmuppers from the Vancouver area in the PNW Discord: https://discord.gg/SbcBj7Ka4H