Cave is just trolling us at this point

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
endali

Cave is just trolling us at this point

Post by endali »

We're getting DOJ on the switch! It's a fucking port of the mobile version!

"They can't port everything, because money, they know the business better than you"

"They can't just make 360 titles backwards compatible, that's a lot of work, not good business"

"They're releasing an arcade only title during covid and that's good business, they know, you just don't get it"

Lol no i'm pretty sure they are just fucking trolling us

This fucking company, man, jesus christ what a bunch of morons. Thank god for emulation.
prophetic

Re: Cave is just trolling us at this point

Post by prophetic »

Where's your source for Daioujou coming to Switch? Also, Cave doesn't do anything besides mobile development nowadays. When Cave games get ported, it's always another company doing it. Cave hasn't done a console port themselves since the 360 days.
endali

Post by endali »

prophetic wrote:Where's your source for Daioujou coming to Switch? Also, Cave doesn't do anything besides mobile development nowadays. When Cave games get ported, it's always another company doing it. Cave hasn't done a console port themselves since the 360 days.

Regarding the source, google exists, twitter exists, gematsu exists

Yeah i know they only do mobile, that's one of the reasons i'm in here calling them a buncha fuckin morons

Edit sorry for being asshole, i am just very frustrated and lashing out aaaahhhh
Last edited by endali on Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yosai

Post by yosai »

Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

endali wrote:Regarding the source, google exists, twitter exists, gematsu exists
Kinda surprised there's no thread for Shooters Fes 2021 even though we got numerous new announcements, games etc. This weekend was huge!

P-47 Aces Kai was the biggest one for me.

But yeah, CAVE was kind of a let-down. Again.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
reckon luck

Post by reckon luck »

my favorite part about this is that the iOS port exists but they're giving us the OTHER Daioujou mobile game :lol:
endali

Post by endali »

Plasmo wrote: This weekend was huge!
Was it? What got announced that is worth caring about? Port of the mobile version of DOJ? Arcade only p47 that less than 1000 people will ever play? Deathsmiles release date but that game is already on a modern platform so ok? Strikers 2020 still in development hell in 2021 maybe change the name lol?

It seems like the cotton collection was the only new release announcement worth caring about, and that's cool, but it begs the question, if these people can make fucking guardian force economically feasible, then what the fuck is cave's excuse for not even doing the absolute bare fucking minimum of making 360 titles backwards compatible, not to mention releasing games on modern platforms
reckon luck

Post by reckon luck »

AFAIK Microsoft is the driving force behind backwards compatibility. If I remember right, Shootaro said they didn't even ask Cave about Guwange.
KAI

Post by KAI »

DOJ phone SFXs be like
there's like 30 cave games on that gmode service, and they picked this one...

Hope P-47 Aces Kai comes with a new namiki soundtrack.
endali

Post by endali »

reckon luck wrote:AFAIK Microsoft is the driving force behind backwards compatibility. If I remember right, Shootaro said they didn't even ask Cave about Guwange.
I don't know, sure seems like literally every single other developer/publisher in the goddamn world has managed to figure out how to do this
endali

Post by endali »

The more i think about this, the worse it seems

New players are gonna see DOJ in the top 3 of every top 25 list on this site

Then they're gonna google it, and they are going to play this shitty fucking port because it will be the ONLY FUCKING COMMERCIALLY AVAILABLE VERSION OF THE GAME ON ANY MODERN PLATFORM, and they're never gonna play shmups again

This site is going to need to put an asterisk on doj on every top 25 list going back to the start

Jesus, listen to the sound effects in that video, holy shit so gucking bad

I bought the g-mode port of zanac and holy shit that was a mistake

This is so stupid
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

Is that a PC Engine followup to Pang? All I hear is balloons popping.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

cell phone cave games > arcade cave games
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Bassa-Bassa

Post by Bassa-Bassa »

I don't know. Aren't they licensing their franchises these days more than ever? They have like 4 known current licensees porting their titles away, 5 if we count Capcom, I don't think any other company can say that.

Also, they kind of said officially goodbye to arcade/console business, that is - "don't expect anything else from us, thx". Are you actually blaming the licensees? Wait till you find out that the Deathsmiles collection is being developed by the guys behind the latest Psikyo ports while they're doing another 2 projects.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

An old playthrough video doesn't even have the sound effects in quite that bad a state. If this port releases like this, it'll be a bad port on top of not really being an attempt at an arcade port.
prophetic

Post by prophetic »

endali wrote:
prophetic wrote:Where's your source for Daioujou coming to Switch? Also, Cave doesn't do anything besides mobile development nowadays. When Cave games get ported, it's always another company doing it. Cave hasn't done a console port themselves since the 360 days.

Regarding the source, google exists, twitter exists, gematsu exists

Yeah i know they only do mobile, that's one of the reasons i'm in here calling them a buncha fuckin morons

Edit sorry for being asshole, i am just very frustrated and lashing out aaaahhhh
I asked because I did search Google for "Daioujou on Switch" and got nothing recent. Thanks for the apology, I guess.
Wilsoncqb1911

Post by Wilsoncqb1911 »

Eh, I'll get it. Kind of excited about it even if it's not an M2 style arcade port.
dmk1198

Post by dmk1198 »

Death smiles one n two coming Dec on switch japan

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk
dmk1198

Post by dmk1198 »

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/ ... ch_in_2021

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk
Meriscan

Post by Meriscan »

endali wrote:New players are gonna see DOJ in the top 3 of every top 25 list on this site

Then they're gonna google it, and they are going to play this shitty fucking port because it will be the ONLY FUCKING COMMERCIALLY AVAILABLE VERSION OF THE GAME ON ANY MODERN PLATFORM, and they're never gonna play shmups again
Unrealistic scenario that's never going to happen. If this supposed "new player" knows about the annual voting on this forum, they know about Daioujou and it's arcade release. Especially if you google it, that's the first 100 results you'll find. Even when it's released there is absolutely zero chance that it gets buried under this new port.

If you think the game just looks like shit, fair enough. But you getting mad about this is absurd. The game is available enough that the hardware nutters who want to buy everything legit will gladly fire up their 360's or PS2. Not every CAVE game has to be perfectly available on all modern platforms. ESP Ra.De., Ketsui and Dangun are all easily available now, so actual newcomers have plently to play.
endali

Post by endali »

Meriscan wrote:
endali wrote:New players are gonna see DOJ in the top 3 of every top 25 list on this site

Unrealistic scenario that's never going to happen. If this supposed "new player" knows about the annual voting on this forum, they know about Daioujou and it's arcade release. Especially if you google it, that's the first 100 results you'll find. Even when it's released there is absolutely zero chance that it gets buried under this new port.

If you think the game just looks like shit, fair enough. But you getting mad about this is absurd. The game is available enough that the hardware nutters who want to buy everything legit will gladly fire up their 360's or PS2. Not every CAVE game has to be perfectly available on all modern platforms. ESP Ra.De., Ketsui and Dangun are all easily available now, so actual newcomers have plently to play.
Ok yeah i'm being a little dramatic, but this is also objectively kinda dumb. And it really is just another example of cave making decisions that don't make a lot of sense

I think a lot of you guys really overestimate the number of people that have 360's and ps2's. No one under the age of 25 has ever or will ever or even wants to see one of these things. I also think you overestimate the number of people that are willing to deal with mame.

"This game is available on 360, ps2, and mame"

Ok then it might as well not even exist, and there's no good reason for it, and that's kinda frustrating

And seeing this mobile port release is just like, wow i really wish a decent publisher would buy the IP's from these fucking people
Special World

Post by Special World »

Do you want them to threaten M2 at gunpoint, or would you prefer they give DOJ to City Connection to handle? They don’t seem inclined to do things themselves, or produce great results when they do, so I assume they have to wait for somebody to express interest in porting their games.
http://catstronaut.wordpress.com/
  • catstronaut loves games
endali

Post by endali »

Special World wrote: They don’t seem inclined to do things themselves, or produce great results when they do,
At the end of the day, this is what i'm bitching about, and there's nothing anyone can do about this, so i guess we just keep bitching and playing these games for free instead of giving someone money
Special World

Post by Special World »

Well I mean what i’m saying is for DOJ in particular you want a REALLY good port, and that means waiting for M2 to get around to it, doesn’t it? Because the 360 port exists and everyone shits on it. The PS2 port is good but White Label only. So I mean, we’re waiting for THE port, not A port.
http://catstronaut.wordpress.com/
  • catstronaut loves games
qmish

Post by qmish »

At first i was not getting why you are so angry, considering that iOS releases were more or less ports from X360 and even had "correct slowdown" on older devices.

Then i visited Gematsu article and it says feature phone...

So... it's version of DOJ that was for J2ME/Symbian-era japanese mobiles?

:roll:

EDIT:

Looks like readers in comments on news sites are also confused, as nowhere really explains that it's i-mode / yahoo!ketai old mobile thing (most of people don't even know about).
City Connection
Depends with whom they would partner... Imho, Chara-Ani releases were pretty good (DBCS, Game Tengoku). Zerodiv though... More and more half-assed with each release (and i still got most of them as i love psikyo, oh well).
StarCreator wrote:An old playthrough video doesn't even have the sound effects in quite that bad a state.
And music is MIDI :mrgreen:

EDIT 2:

Yeah, OP should have put link in the post at least https://www.gematsu.com/2021/04/g-mode- ... for-switch

EDIT 3:
trap15 wrote:cell phone cave games > arcade cave games
Actually, i would like to see TAITO and ATLUS bring back from dead some of their japanese mobile phone games that disappeared in the time forever. Shin Megami Tensei Pinball, Darius spin offs etc.

Hell, even CAVE had some more interesting picks than "downgraded DOJ" !!! I recall there was Guwange crossover with something?

YEAH WE HAVE THREAD FOR THAT geez forums are so much better than modern social media in longevity

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=51532

DOJ x STAR SOLDIER! Esprade Pinball? And more, more, more

:evil:
finisherr

Post by finisherr »

Would rather see a Dodonpachi port since we never really got a good port of that game.
MachineAres 1CC

Post by MachineAres 1CC »

reckon luck wrote:AFAIK Microsoft is the driving force behind backwards compatibility. If I remember right, Shootaro said they didn't even ask Cave about Guwange.
You are correct. MS does all the work so the devs don't even have to. It seems some devs are able to contact them directly about getting some of their games on BC sooner, but they still don't do the actual work, it's usually just as a promotion or something. Worst part is they haven't added any new 360 or OG games for the last year and a half since they doubled down on getting the Series X to work with everything at launch. I wish they would get back to doing that sooner than later.
JUST A COUPLE MORE SHOTS です
Achievements/trophies|1CC List
Twitch|Genesis Shmups project
XBL & PSN: IDOLxISxDEAD
davyK

Post by davyK »

I could see it being played on a rotated undocked switch with the touchscreen. But. Really?

:(
lilmanjs

Post by lilmanjs »

This is such a weird decision to make from Cave. Hopefully the sfx issues are fixed before it gets released. I'd be down for one of the Ketsui I-Mode games being published honestly. The OST with those on there show that the versions of the music used for those are pretty cool.
qmish

Post by qmish »

davyK wrote:I could see it being played on a rotated undocked switch with the touchscreen. But. Really?

You don't. I believe those japanese phones were not touchscreen.

I might be wrong though, but still.