Can I use a credit card outside of Japan to buy Dondopachi ?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
buklau

Can I use a credit card outside of Japan to buy Dondopachi ?

Post by buklau »

on Japan xbox marketplace?

The default region of my xbox account is the United States
endali

Re: Can I use a credit card outside of Japan to buy Dondopac

Post by endali »

I would also be happy to learn a way to do this
poodude

Post by poodude »

If I remember correctly, you need to have a japan account linked to a Japanese credit card. If you want to play Dodonpachi on the xbox360, just get a cheap copy of Instant Brain and follow a guide to unlock the game.
Sandinista

Post by Sandinista »

Pretty sure Dodonpachi is not available on Xbox live ...dodonpachi saidaioujou and dodonpachi resurrection are on the Japanese
Network , not sure how you would go about accessing them

If it's definitely Dodonpachi you want , then the only way is to complete instant brain to unlock the game , as per post above
Jeneki

Post by Jeneki »

Back in the 360 days, I would buy Japan point cards. Retailers that sell these will clearly state they are for Japan region. Then redeem those on a Japan account.
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

Yeah you have to do what Jeneki said. You need to create a Japanese Xbox account, the only thing you need to do for this is provide a Japanese town and city I believe, and then buy Japanese Microsoft points. You redeem them on that account and then you can use them on the Japanese store to buy stuff. I just did this on my 360, last year. It was pretty straight forward, I do remember having to redeem the points, and buy DDP SDJ on a computer accessing the Japanese Microsoft store. Then on my 360 I logged into my Japanese account and downloaded the games. After that I could log into my regular Xbox account and it could access the games.