UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
ldeveraux

Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE

Post by ldeveraux »

Jesus, for whatever happened to you guys weather-wise, and how much it disrupted your progress and lives, you still seem to have plenty of time to reply to silly comments on a chat board. Forget about the naysayers, forget about the crybabies, stop trying to clear your name with every reply. Trolls will be trolls, and you're making everything much worse for yourselves by replying to everyone who calls you out, justified or otherwise.

Get your lives in order, then worry about fulfilling the list. We don't need the back and forth banter.
CZroe

Post by CZroe »

ldeveraux wrote:Jesus, for whatever happened to you guys weather-wise, and how much it disrupted your progress and lives, you still seem to have plenty of time to reply to silly comments on a chat board. Forget about the naysayers, forget about the crybabies, stop trying to clear your name with every reply. Trolls will be trolls, and you're making everything much worse for yourselves by replying to everyone who calls you out, justified or otherwise.

Get your lives in order, then worry about fulfilling the list. We don't need the back and forth banter.
If by “plenty of time” you mean “been trying to get back here all weekend to share Friday’s installs but the upload didn’t even finish until Monday,” then: Yeah. ;) ...and before the power was back on there wasn’t much else we could do when our phones were charged.

Thanks, but I am posting from work during downtime where at least we have functional Internet (still none at home). Since I can’t do much else from here and Socalju was seemingly intent on doing this in public I better use the time to address troublemakers to head off would-be copycats. Clearly, he’s not going away unless it was an honest misunderstanding that was only just now rectified.

People said “at least monthly” wasn’t enough public communication so I’m making an effort to rectify that even if I don’t have much to add. I might as well take this opportunity to say that the damage at home has not stopped. This happened this morning:
https://youtu.be/5G5hVbphBKw

Obviously, neither your nor my stuff is safe until it’s out of that house so moving is going to have to take priority over mod work. I still hope to get a lot of your stuff to safety by finishing and shipping it which may mean prioritizing consoles in-hand over your position on the list but my brother hasn’t agreed to that plan just yet. Since he’s still busy moving what he can move by himself and I am at work with down time, the least I can do is communicate it to you guys. I can’t even help much when I am there due to the arm injury. Regarding that, I’m scheduled for an MRI after going to an osteopathic surgeon this morning.
Last edited by CZroe on Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

CZroe wrote:
ldeveraux wrote:Jesus, for whatever happened to you guys weather-wise, and how much it disrupted your progress and lives, you still seem to have plenty of time to reply to silly comments on a chat board. Forget about the naysayers, forget about the crybabies, stop trying to clear your name with every reply. Trolls will be trolls, and you're making everything much worse for yourselves by replying to everyone who calls you out, justified or otherwise.

If by “plenty of time” you mean “been trying to get back here all weekend to share Syphron and hidef.vega’s installs but the upload didn’t even finish until Monday,” then: Yeah. ;)

Thanks, but I am posting from work during downtime. At least we have functional Internet here. I was late for work because I had an appointment with an osteopathic surgeon today regarding my arm injury. I’m probably going to be late for work Thursday because we scheduled an MRI. Since I can’t do much else from here and Socalju was seemingly intent on doing this in public I better address troublemakers like him or would-be copycats. Clearly, he’s not going away unless it was an honest misunderstanding that was only just now rectified.

People said there wasn’t enough public communication. I’m making an effort to rectify that even if I don’t have much to add.

Might as well take this opportunity to say that the damage at home has not stopped. This happened this morning:
https://youtu.be/5G5hVbphBKw

Obviously, neither your nor my stuff is safe until it’s out of that house so moving is going to have to take priority over mod work. I still hope to get a lot of your stuff to safety by finishing and shipping it which may mean prioritizing consoles in-hand versus your position on the list but my brother hasn’t agreed to that plan just yet. Since my brother is still busy moving what he can move by himself and I am at work with down time, the least I can do is communicate it to you guys.
I'm not reading all that, dude. You went from 0 to 100 wrt sharing information very quickly, this isn't Facebook or Twitter. Share the things that are pertinent to this group-buy. Nobody needs any justification as to what you do with your time, even if it detracts from the ultimate goal within. Your personal life is your life. I'm not saying we don't care about you, or that we don't hope you're safe, so don't try to twist my words that way. Don't feel you are required to overcompensate for prior silence by sharing too much.
SonicAdvDX

Post by SonicAdvDX »

ldeveraux wrote:I'm not reading all that, dude.
I honestly cannot believe how mean-spirited so many of you guys are being right now, especially with all the shit these guys have been put through...

Everybody knew going into this thing that it wouldn't be ANYTHING like ordering off of Amazon; so if you're upset about it now, you really only have yourself to blame for being shortsighted. Get off your stupid high horse, nobody else here is impressed by your grandstanding.

We get it. Marshall made us all wait too long. But what's done is done, so suck it up.
CZroe

Post by CZroe »

SonicAdvDX wrote:
ldeveraux wrote:I'm not reading all that, dude.
I honestly cannot believe how mean-spirited so many of you guys are being right now, especially with all the shit these guys have been put through...

Everybody knew going into this thing that it wouldn't be ANYTHING like ordering off of Amazon; so if you're upset about it now, you really only have yourself to blame for being shortsighted. Get off your stupid high horse, nobody else here is impressed by your grandstanding.

We get it. Marshall made us all wait too long. But what's done is done, so suck it up.
Thanks, but I didn’t take it like that at all and he’s absolutely right that people don’t need to hear about my doctor’s appointment making me late for work and stuff. It sounds like he is perfectly reasonable and accepting of what has happened and the delays it entails, though clearly some others aren’t (the “trolls” he wants us to ignore). By resuming installs this early I hope to impress but that requires a bit of contrast with the difficulties we are experiencing and I went a bit too far. He reeled me back in. :)

FWIW, there’s a HW1 (!) install waiting for me when I get off work. ;)
PULOVR

Post by PULOVR »

CZroe, Ichinisan... I know that some people will agree with this idea, while others won't, but either way it would help speed things up greatly for everyone involved (you guys, the people that are waiting patiently, and for those that have already requested a refund).

As you work down the list (for those people that have requested a refund), I wouldn't even bother asking if they have changed their mind when you get to their number. Asking if they still wanted a board is nice of you, but if they sent you a refund request in the first place, imo that would mean they made up their mind and no longer want to be part of the group buy. Also, if there's short change of funds for their refund because of an exchange rate difference or paypal fees, that person can contact their own credit card company (and not paypal), and request that their CC company fix the $ refund difference internally, and not have it affect you guys financially. It's not your fault, and you guys shouldn't be responsible for fixing/adjusting the refund $ amounts to compensate for that difference if there is one. Remember they are the ones requesting the refund, and not you guys giving their money back without them asking for it.
(some people need to read their CC TOS about refund amounts as it pertains to any possible exchange rate/fees that may be assessed/applied)

Anyway, just give them their refund, and move onto the next person in line. Doing this could cut weeks off your "back and forth" email stuff.
Is that being cold hearted? I don't think so... it's just business.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

CZroe wrote:Thanks, but I didn’t take it like that at all and he’s absolutely right that people don’t need to hear about my doctor’s appointment making me late for work and stuff. It sounds like he is perfectly reasonable and accepting of what has happened and the delays it entails, though clearly some others aren’t (the “trolls” he wants us to ignore). By resuming installs this early I hope to impress but that requires a bit of contrast with the difficulties we are experiencing and I went a bit too far. He reeled me back in. :)

FWIW, there’s a HW1 (!) install waiting for me when I get off work. ;)
I knew you'd understand where I was coming from.
Fluor

Post by Fluor »

samson7point1 wrote:@CZroe I’m clearly too far down the list to get in on the N64Digital trade up. I’ve sent an email requesting a refund so I can try my luck ordering directly from PixelFx. Thanks.
I wasn't aware of a "list" for the N64Digital trade up. I am one of the last ones (line 482 out of 485) above the yellow line and I never heard anything about trade up certainties.
To be honest, at this point due to the lack of direct response to the emails I've sent requesting refunds (first on January 30th and two follow ups on the 13th), I believe I might just want to try my luck ordering directly from pixelfx as well.

@CZroe whenever you can, please try and get my refunds in. My name on the list is Scout Fluor. The only way I'd not want it refunded is if I had 100% confirmation I would get the N64 Digital, but it seems like it's not gonna happen. Thank you for putting the group buy up.
Socalju

Post by Socalju »

Got my refund. Thank you! Best of luck to everyone.
appletesticle

Post by appletesticle »

Is it possible to change over to the N64Digital and be guaranteed it? If not, I'd like a refund and attempt to acquire the N64Digital whenever it drops. I've sent an email regarding this and my alias is appletesticle. I've paid the minimum $130 through Friends and Family on PayPal so there there aren't any fees that you need to absorb.
alucard971

Post by alucard971 »

Oh, I was looking at the main post for this channel for updates. I was unaware there was a list for trade up as well. Honestly, I would much rather have the digital. No offense to Marshall, I appreciate all he's been through to get high quality retro gaming to the consumer. It's just the digital seems to have a bit more features that I want. Where is the list for the trade up and how does #318 fit in on that list?
Syphron

Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants

Post by Syphron »

CZroe wrote:UltraHDMI installations have resumed! Syphron and hidef.vega’s installs:
https://youtu.be/AOf9Tq2oxJ8
Thanks for posting the video. Pretty neat to see you working on my system specifically.

Just got my N64 back and everything looks/works great. Thanks for putting this group buy together and for offering the install service.

Obviously this batch didn't go as planned and took way longer than any of us hoped, but you guys aren't at fault for that, and you were very up front when I asked to join in the group buy that things might take a while based on how long the last batch took to get your hands on them. I just want to remind folks that at the end of the day we are talking about video games and a shared passion for an awesome retro console. Please be excellent to each other.
ThinFizzy

Post by ThinFizzy »

@CZroe and @Ichinisan I sent in a request for a refund on Feb 1, 2021, and have still not received a response. My alias is ThinFizzy. If you could please process my refund it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Kithron

Post by Kithron »

Please remove me from the spreadsheet (slot 341) for the UltraHDMI, I do not want anymore and want the N64 Digital instead which I want to pay more for when it comes out.
trsteve87

Post by trsteve87 »

When will we know if we can switch to the n64 digital?
Wirewizard

Post by Wirewizard »

Hi Guys,

I'm 298 on the list (Wirewizard). The more I read about the n64digital, the more I think I want to switch to this (if possible). I will be trying to purchase one on release, but my luck with these things are usually not great, so I'm holding on for an either or situation at the moment.

I can understand why you haven't replied to my email a little while back now and no stress / dramas as I can sympathise with your predicament at the moment, not only with this group buy and Marshall, but your housing situation and the storm as well (that's just S**T luck).

Can you confirm / deny if you will be offering the n64digital (depending on stock of course) and if we will be offered a swap?
blurt92

Post by blurt92 »

I asked for a refund on February 4th via email. Username is Blurt92 and I'm #222 on the list. Would you please process it when able?

Thanks!
Simoncino

Post by Simoncino »

Hello to everybody. I'm the n. 113 in list, and should be one of the next. However, i think it's creating a big confusion for ichinasan.

Those who wants refunds, just take refunds and go off list, and be deleted.

But, for guys like me that is waiting the N64, ichinasan can you tell us when is preview the next round of shipping?

I'm trying to contact him with email... but no answer. Maybe he is very busy with work, mods, etc and plus ... it's creating a lot of confusion the n64 digital and those who wants the refund.

@ichinasan, can you reply us and ship who want hdmi mod?

Thanks.
dubesinhower

Post by dubesinhower »

Where does the second piece of foam go? I know one of them goes over the multiout pins, not sure about the other one
samson7point1

Post by samson7point1 »

I've been emailing about a refund since January 30. My first message was asking for a refund. My second message in late February was expressing my interest in swapping my order with an N64Digital before it was obvious that at #403 on the list there was no way I would get in on that. My last message was earlier this month confirming that I just need a refund since it's obvious I won't be getting an N64Digital via this preorder. None of these messages have received replies. Ideally I'd like to receive my refund before I shell out for an N64Digital (assuming I manage to get one), but I'm not asking that you prioritize my refund as I know there are a lot of people in line, but can I get some acknowledgement that you received my request?
jfosheezy2

Post by jfosheezy2 »

samson7point1 wrote:I've been emailing about a refund since January 30. My first message was asking for a refund. My second message in late February was expressing my interest in swapping my order with an N64Digital before it was obvious that at #403 on the list there was no way I would get in on that. My last message was earlier this month confirming that I just need a refund since it's obvious I won't be getting an N64Digital via this preorder. None of these messages have received replies. Ideally I'd like to receive my refund before I shell out for an N64Digital (assuming I manage to get one), but I'm not asking that you prioritize my refund as I know there are a lot of people in line, but can I get some acknowledgement that you received my request?
I am in the exact same situation as you. Multiple emails, no reply, for months.
At this point I'm thinking about just doing a paypal dispute and trying my hand on the n64 digital.. Really a shame. He was quick to respond when I wanted to join the GB way late, but completely ghosted when I wanted to leave.
Simoncino

Post by Simoncino »

Boys, stay calm. I talked with ichinasan.
He had some problems with tornado, passed in Georgia.
He is since end of march with out light and internet.
Keep calm and wait him to recover normality.

All consoles are ok.
Wait him.
shadestreet

Post by shadestreet »

@CZroe @Ichisan

I am currently 183 on the list - should I ship you my N64 now? Is the address you provided a year ago the same?

Sent email as well, but last one didn't get reply due to how busy you guys have been so cross posting here.

Thanks
NeverCameBack

Post by NeverCameBack »

I remember reading that the next batch of kits were on the way and expected any day now (month or two ago). My theory on the current situation is that Marshall told the brothers the next batch was as good as sent. Then proceeded to ghost out as per always. The kits never showed up. The brothers are probably sitting there thinking "wtf do we do? - We can't tell everyone that Marshall is clowning all of us on the rest of the kits - it would be a mass rush of refund requests - We need to buy time". Why is it that Marshall can't comment once on this forum. Does he not have access to this part of the internet. Zero interest? People don't deserve a transparent update every now and then? Is it that he considers himself a celebrity and is just too legendary status to read anything here? Can't find a couple mins to jump in and write a quick response? I get the mad genius persona and all, but once you agree to sell to 800+ people, maybe then they deserve a little transparency.
My other theory is that the bulk of the money is tied up in DOGE coin, or another investment vehicle and is doing too good to cash any out - Meaning they never manufactured more HDMI kits. Just an initial 200 some and the rest of the money went to buy investments. Well played boys, well played.
hushed

Post by hushed »

NeverCameBack wrote:I remember reading that the next batch of kits were on the way and expected any day now (month or two ago). My theory on the current situation is that Marshall told the brothers the next batch was as good as sent. Then proceeded to ghost out as per always. The kits never showed up. The brothers are probably sitting there thinking "wtf do we do? - We can't tell everyone that Marshall is clowning all of us on the rest of the kits - it would be a mass rush of refund requests - We need to buy time". Why is it that Marshall can't comment once on this forum. Does he not have access to this part of the internet. Zero interest? People don't deserve a transparent update every now and then? Is it that he considers himself a celebrity and is just too legendary status to read anything here? Can't find a couple mins to jump in and write a quick response? I get the mad genius persona and all, but once you agree to sell to 800+ people, maybe then they deserve a little transparency.
My other theory is that the bulk of the money is tied up in DOGE coin, or another investment vehicle and is doing too good to cash any out - Meaning they never manufactured more HDMI kits. Just an initial 200 some and the rest of the money went to buy investments. Well played boys, well played.
Don't be a troll. They have gotten shipments recently and have shared details. Their internet connection is spotty right now but they are managing to get some videos out. You can dig through this thread and see them. It's easier to find them visually on the Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/631588333904216.
NeverCameBack

Post by NeverCameBack »

[/quote]
Don't be a troll. They have gotten shipments recently and have shared details.[/quote]

You think it's being a troll wondering WTF is going on after going on a year and a half? I have every right to ask a legitimate question, and fill in the blanks with a theory when no answer comes for weeks.
No one has shared arguably the most important detail. It says a package was received... that is all. It might not be enough kits to even get through the all important re-seller. Yes I do feel for their situation. That sucks - I wouldn't blame them if they told us all the kits were destroyed. I don't think they're malicious people (unless theory #2) but are in damage control due to the creator who is less than a stand up guy.
RIP-Felix

Post by RIP-Felix »

NeverCameBack wrote: ...You think it's being a troll wondering WTF is going on after going on a year and a half? I have every right to ask a legitimate question, and fill in the blanks with a theory when no answer comes for weeks.
No one has shared arguably the most important detail. It says a package was received... that is all. It might not be enough kits to even get through the all important re-seller. Yes I do feel for their situation. That sucks - I wouldn't blame them if they told us all the kits were destroyed. I don't think they're malicious people (unless theory #2) but are in damage control due to the creator who is less than a stand up guy.
Don't act like you haven't heard anything for years. They have been keeping everyone apprised of the latest every few months, or as news was available.

Your frustrated, that's understandable. But it doesn't do any good slandering people trying to make and distribute a niche product. These are growing pains, because product demand is overflowing into full blown hysteria. This is a classic case of too much of a good thing. Yes, this is a desirable product. So desirable they can't keep up with the rabid hoards of trolls intent of destroying their will to continue! This is how niche products die - Smothered in their own success! That's the euphemistic way of saying they get tired of dealing with their customers incessant whining! Can't you just buy the product or ask for a refund? Why do you have to troll? Why do you have to call into question a persons motivation or character?

Are you hoping that by making accusations they will be forced to answer you, otherwise the slander will take hold and the whole thing will snowball into a wave of refunds that bankrupts them? Well, you might be right! So for their sake and the rest of the thread still hoping to receive their kits let me say, "SHUT The F@#K UP!"

The delay has only been exacerbated by COVID and electronic shortages. Even a tornado! A TORNADO! Every manufacturer, everywhere is dealing with the same product delays. Have you tried buying a graphics card lately? Want to be pissed? That'll do it too, but no one here is to blame. And it wont do any good shouting into the screen. You're barking up the wrong tree.

It was inevitable as the batches got larger that it would overwhelm the brothers. Now they have to choose what to prioritize. Answering e-mails, installing kits, shipping kits, making updates, authorizing refunds, figuring out where to live after your house is destroyed in a natural disaster...you know, normal business related stuff! Do they have the proceeds to hire a team of social media service reps to keep trolls constantly updated? NO, no they don't! This isn't a fortune 500 company who's stock is traded. This isn't even a small company selling jam on amazon. The brothers were just trying to get everyone on this forum a good deal with a group buy. And now that it has grown into a monster and taken a sour turn, I would be surprised if they want to continue with it after fulfilling their current obligations.

That's what they are busy doing...fulfilling their obligation. So stop trolling for an update that would force them to divert their attention away from that. If there's any news worth telling, they'll update us on their own initiative.
SonicAdvDX

Post by SonicAdvDX »

RIP-Felix wrote:"SHUT The F@#K UP!"
What he said...
NeverCameBack

Post by NeverCameBack »

Hate to break it to you, but you have 0 control over me, so nah, I won't STFU. You're the one using strong language in a feverish attempt to tell me off; Getting all worked up over the internet. Take your own advice: It won't work. I'm asking for answers to a very basic question, sharing my theories in a calm manner. Theories becoming more likely with each passing day... You have to be delusional if you're making excuses for lack of the most basic piece of information that would set one back all of 30 seconds to communicate. When simple things like this aren't being disclosed; There is a reason. This is how great products die, people like me wondering what the status is and being left to suppose with no info? Funny, I thought it was eccentric creators agreeing to sell their product but then deciding they have no interest in following through after collecting all the money, poor customer service, or complete lack of communication. They wouldn't need to lose money in the refund process if they just refund minus whatever fees. Nobody has a right to blame them if it turns out the creator stiffed everyone. It would be as easy as telling us "he has your money, and he hasn't sent the kits like he said". Or even "we have x number of kits on hand, but will be putting ourselves first to recover from the damage" - Of course, take all the time you need. But to avoid being up-front and transparent for months now about the announcement of a second shipment of 200+ kits being on the way. There is no excuse.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

NeverCameBack wrote:Hate to break it to you, but you have 0 control over me, so nah, I won't STFU. You're the one using strong language in a feverish attempt to tell me off; Getting all worked up over the internet. Take your own advice: It won't work. I'm asking for answers to a very basic question, sharing my theories in a calm manner. Theories becoming more likely with each passing day... You have to be delusional if you're making excuses for lack of the most basic piece of information that would set one back all of 30 seconds to communicate. When simple things like this aren't being disclosed; There is a reason. This is how great products die, people like me wondering what the status is and being left to suppose with no info? Funny, I thought it was eccentric creators agreeing to sell their product but then deciding they have no interest in following through after collecting all the money, poor customer service, or complete lack of communication. They wouldn't need to lose money in the refund process if they just refund minus whatever fees. Nobody has a right to blame them if it turns out the creator stiffed everyone. It would be as easy as telling us "he has your money, and he hasn't sent the kits like he said". Or even "we have x number of kits on hand, but will be putting ourselves first to recover from the damage" - Of course, take all the time you need. But to avoid being up-front and transparent for months now about the announcement of a second shipment of 200+ kits being on the way. There is no excuse.
This is how you get blocked at Shmups:
1) have 7 total posts.
2) Mouth off like you own the place. Nobody owes you anything pal.

Too bad I won't be seeing your reply.