I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
MJR

Re: I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

Post by MJR »

My FIRST EVER 2-ALL from Irem's Dragon Breed! Took me only 32 years to master :)

lilmanjs

Post by lilmanjs »

I finally did it! Didn't play it for many years but got my 1CC of Blue Wish Resurrection Plus on Original. Only my second 1CC ever.
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

Nice! Blue Wish Resurrection Plus is a great game.
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

The long-standing community/western record of 19XX has been beaten recently.
BrainΦΠΦTemple

Post by BrainΦΠΦTemple »

fukken tOuhou 8 lnn is finally done. gOnna sleep for the rest of my life now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqBW215BAzA
nO-miss superplAyz i \m/ash in shmupz + mOsh w/ ur mom
berlin schOol albums | sOundcloud
new albUm:Kristallgeist
"Here is a molding synthesis creator with a strong personality. It needs to be better known." --rockliquias.com's reviEw of "kristallgeist"
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

BrainΦΠΦTemple wrote:fukken tOuhou 8 lnn is finally done. gOnna sleep for the rest of my life now

1000+ credits! :D Plus god knows how much practice time. Now the question is... when's Final B?
BrainΦΠΦTemple

Post by BrainΦΠΦTemple »

Lethe wrote:
BrainΦΠΦTemple wrote:fukken tOuhou 8 lnn is finally done. gOnna sleep for the rest of my life now

1000+ credits! :D Plus god knows how much practice time. Now the question is... when's Final B?
i dOn't even wanna think about doing final B...or even touhou anything right now, man xD

taHnk you though, dude. yEah, this took forever to do, especially since early last year i didn't have any touhou experience at all and made a straight shot right for an lnn. sO it took like almost fifteen mOnths x.x
"Here is a molding synthesis creator with a strong personality. It needs to be better known." --rockliquias.com's reviEw of "kristallgeist"
Dumple

Post by Dumple »

I wanted to show off my 1cc list because I hit a milestone of 400 arcade game 1-credit clears:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Not all of them are shmups, but there are plenty of shmups on the list. #400 is Mazinger Z, a perfectly cromulent shmup.

I was a late bloomer for shmups. I played some arcade shmups (especially Aero Fighters) back in the day. But it wasn't until 2014 that I first (finally) got a 1-credit clear on an arcade shmup (R-Type Leo). For me personally, learning a shmup without savestate-practice is slow going and feels frustrating. Reading The Full Extent of the Jam for pointers on savestate practice, having MAME reach the point that savestates really worked in nearly any game, and getting confidence from first few clears, all changed my view on shmups from "elegant niche games for elite weirdos" to a series of fun projects.

I'm proud of the number of clears but I'll admit most of these individual clears are not impressive. I like the idea of playing for score, but I love the sense of closure from hitting the goal of a clear, and the novelty of moving on to the next game. So I've been making my way through any arcade game that is really easy, or really good, or both, and aiming for the goal of a 1-credit clear. My new goal is 500 arcade 1ccs. I think I can definitely get there before running out of clearable games or getting too old and decrepit to keep up.
Mortificator

Post by Mortificator »

Sometimes the bomb that blows up late, blows up big. Wow!
RegalSin wrote:You can't even drive across the country Naked anymore
To Far Away Times

Dumple wrote:I wanted to show off my 1cc list because I hit a milestone of 400 arcade game 1-credit clears:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Not all of them are shmups, but there are plenty of shmups on the list. #400 is Mazinger Z, a perfectly cromulent shmup.

I was a late bloomer for shmups. I played some arcade shmups (especially Aero Fighters) back in the day. But it wasn't until 2014 that I first (finally) got a 1-credit clear on an arcade shmup (R-Type Leo). For me personally, learning a shmup without savestate-practice is slow going and feels frustrating. Reading The Full Extent of the Jam for pointers on savestate practice, having MAME reach the point that savestates really worked in nearly any game, and getting confidence from first few clears, all changed my view on shmups from "elegant niche games for elite weirdos" to a series of fun projects.

I'm proud of the number of clears but I'll admit most of these individual clears are not impressive. I like the idea of playing for score, but I love the sense of closure from hitting the goal of a clear, and the novelty of moving on to the next game. So I've been making my way through any arcade game that is really easy, or really good, or both, and aiming for the goal of a 1-credit clear. My new goal is 500 arcade 1ccs. I think I can definitely get there before running out of clearable games or getting too old and decrepit to keep up.
Nice! That's a lot of clears. That sounds very much like my methodology. I'm all about efficient save state practice. I treat it almost like playing an instrument. Learn the measures, then the song. I got my first 1CC in Touhou 08 - Imperishable Night I think around 14 years ago or so and then wanted to beat the windows trilogy at the time of Touhou 06 and 07. I think I discovered Edward's 1CC blog not too long after that and that inspired me to set a goal for 100 1CC's, which started as a mix of any type of 1CC and then eventually became just shmup 1CC's. Now I'm not chasing 1CC's anymore, but when R-Type Final 2 comes out I'll make sure to beat that one. That series is really special to me.
mycophobia

Post by mycophobia »

I cleared Truxton II this afternoon. it took kind of a long time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN6gFAZSD20
BIL

Post by BIL »

Jebus (■`ω´■)

:lol:
MachineAres 1CC

Post by MachineAres 1CC »

Just been going and revisiting and digging in on a few titles the last few days and ended up with some pretty satisfying 1CCs and some pretty meh ones, including:

-Harmful Park
-Gun Nac
-Cotton Reboot! (Easy)
-Silver Surfer
-Sky Jaguar
-Chariot
-Go Benny!

Going to try digging in for a Zanac 1CC today, but stages 11 and 12 are just giving me all kinds of trouble, but then again, the rank system in this game kinda makes it so any level can be a nightmare just depending how you play.
JUST A COUPLE MORE SHOTS です
Achievements/trophies|1CC List
Twitch|Genesis Shmups project
XBL & PSN: IDOLxISxDEAD
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Finally got an all clear in Giga Wing with Isya (Switch version of Capcom Arcade Stadium):

It's rather annoying that in Score Attack Mode as soon as the final boss dies the game ends. You don't get to watch the ending or enter your initials (which you can do if you end your credit at any other point).
To Far Away Times

Got the 1CC today on GG Aleste 3.

Fun little game. Despite its 8-bit visuals and carrying forward some of the Aleste mechanics this game feels very modern. The game has intentional heavy slowdown which is factored into the difficulty. Had this game came out in the early 90's they would have been crucified for that. Of course, now slow down in shmups isn't really a big deal and we generally want to see games push the boundaries rather than run with no slowdown.

Of note, there's quite a bit of randomness in this one which drove me a bit crazy. Bosses will often change the direction they start their attacks. The stage 5 boss will sometimes do his laser starting in the center rather than from the edge. Likewise, the stage 6 boss seems to randomly bounce along the walls, which stopped many a run as I have quite shit reflexes. If there's a way to manipulate it, I wasn't able to figure it out. Maybe it requires pixel perfect accuracy or its a seed value generated at some point? I do perfer my games to be just a little more static and memorizy.
wiNteR

Post by wiNteR »

During practice, I managed to get nmnb on dodonpachi starting from 2-1 boss till the end of 2-6 (stage part). Couple of weeks ago I got that starting from 2-2 midboss. So I have gotten somewhat better at it (even if much slower than I would have liked).

For stages, my routing is pretty much the kind of standard survival routing one would expect (i.e. not taking any risks to preserve chain). Perhaps the only difference is that I don't use the safe-spot in second half of 2-2. For boss battles, I try not to trivialize any of the bosses (in 2-1 to 2-5). By themselves, none of these (individually) is a significant difference. For example:
(i) For first stage, I don't side-step its main attack.
(ii) For second stage, I damage it early-on enough heavily so its last volley (before it gets to blue lasers) is the faster one.
(iv) For fourth stage, I don't use the exploit (tbh I have never really tried it, so I don't how easy or hard it is to execute).
(v) For fifth stage, I don't use the safe-spot for its initial attacks. I still use the aura to destroy it quickly though (perhaps if I play the game next time I would try to change this, but right now I am so used to it that I wouldn't do it).

===============

For the third stage-boss, I destroy the middle parts first completely (so that the two turrets on left and right corner with needle-bullets start to attack simultaneously). The benefit is that one doesn't have to deal with the bullet attacks from the middle-part (and the disadvantage is having to deal with with needle-bullets from two turrets simultaneously). I haven't seen other people do it like that though (in vids). It seems to me that may be partly because doing it like this gives a low combo count perhaps.
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

To Far Away Times wrote:Got the 1CC today on GG Aleste 3.

Fun little game. Despite its 8-bit visuals and carrying forward some of the Aleste mechanics this game feels very modern. The game has intentional heavy slowdown which is factored into the difficulty. Had this game came out in the early 90's they would have been crucified for that. Of course, now slow down in shmups isn't really a big deal and we generally want to see games push the boundaries rather than run with no slowdown.

Of note, there's quite a bit of randomness in this one which drove me a bit crazy. Bosses will often change the direction they start their attacks. The stage 5 boss will sometimes do his laser starting in the center rather than from the edge. Likewise, the stage 6 boss seems to randomly bounce along the walls, which stopped many a run as I have quite shit reflexes. If there's a way to manipulate it, I wasn't able to figure it out. Maybe it requires pixel perfect accuracy or its a seed value generated at some point? I do perfer my games to be just a little more static and memorizy.
Congratulations! It really is an exceptionally well-built and very fun game.

I think the attacks of the bosses from stages 5 and 6 are really just randomized. At least I haven't found any sort of trigger for one behaviour over the other either. In addition to the ones you already mentioned it also seems random if the stage 5 boss throws his first rotating diamond attack from the left or from the right. Of course it would be much easier to lead them where you want them if you knew beforehand where the pattern started. At the stage 6 boss, the bouncing only throws me off occasionally, but it's the attack right before that that often gets me, as sometimes those glowing diamond-shaped things appear right on top of me, while on other occasions they spawn in a safe distance and are easily avoided.

Sadly, challenge mode seems to do away with the randomization, or use the same seed every time, so its usefulness for practicing these bosses is very limited.
ashiteru73

Post by ashiteru73 »

Yeah, today i 1cc'ed no missed r-type arcade version :D .

It's a really fun game!. Stage 1,2,3 and 5 isn't too bad. Stage 4 and 7 i basically yolo'ed!. Stage 6 was really difficult, it took me half an hour and about 50 attempts just to find a consistent route. And the last stage was really interesting, i had to rapid fire both the left button and the fire button in order not to get killed by those popcorn enemies, it was the first time i had to rapid fire 2 keys and thought it was funny :D . Sadly, this will be my last 1 cc in the next couple of months because i have to study getting into college :( . i will definitely 1'cc more shmups in the future, just wait :D .
BrainΦΠΦTemple

Post by BrainΦΠΦTemple »

cleared io: into oblivion on c64. was pretty cOol. i like the stage three bOss fight a lot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIzEVDv4lYY
pja

Post by pja »

1cc'd Ikaruga after throwing a whole Easter day of attempts at it :P
... and man, I was tantalizingly close so many times, one time I died
Spoiler
with 0 seconds left on the Stone-Like timer...
I guess only Gradius V remains to complete the Treasure Trinity (yeah I just made that up :P), but I don't have a PS2 and emulation was a bit flaky last time I tried...

Edit: clear video if anyone cares (with some impressions in the video description): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Luqdj5fl0EY
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

BrainΦΠΦTemple wrote:cleared io: into oblivion on c64. was pretty cOol. i like the stage three bOss fight a lot
Congratulations! That's quite an achievement. I always thought this was one of the best shmups on the platform, intricately designed, yet inexplicably overshadowed by lesser titles.
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

At least some kind of a Tatsujin 1cc...
easy on 50 Hz on Mega Drive whith the standard controller. 2534720 pts..

https://youtu.be/1QexVaqNLdc
BrainΦΠΦTemple

Post by BrainΦΠΦTemple »

Herr Schatten wrote:
BrainΦΠΦTemple wrote:cleared io: into oblivion on c64. was pretty cOol. i like the stage three bOss fight a lot
Congratulations! That's quite an achievement. I always thought this was one of the best shmups on the platform, intricately designed, yet inexplicably overshadowed by lesser titles.
taHnk ^^
yA people usually seem to point to armalyte and katakis as being the definitive shmups on the c64, but io completely floors those with hOw strong the level design is along with the fun and challenging bosses
Starfighter

Post by Starfighter »

Dodonpachi (only the first loop though...)! I bet this is a trivial 1CC for many of you but for me it was incredible. I didn't think I had it in me to ever finish it, I must have played it for over 50 hours. I don't have many 1CC's under my belt so it feels really big when I make some kind of progress. Afterwards my hands were shaking like you wouldn't believe. :)
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

BrainΦΠΦTemple wrote:cleared io: into oblivion on c64
Wow, that looks really difficult, the amount of enemies that quickly pop in suddenly and the limited screen space seems to make for a very hard clear.
Starfighter wrote:Dodonpachi (only the first loop though...)! I bet this is a trivial 1CC
Congratulations! Dodonpachi is by no means a trivial game. Difficulty goes up a good deal by Stage 3, and Stages 5 and 6 are particularly tough nuts to crack, especially if bullet hell shmups are just something you're getting into. It's ranked 17 on the Japanese STG Wiki, with plenty of arcade shmups being considered easier clears.
To Far Away Times

A DoDonPachi 1-ALL is a reasonably hard game, despite what a scrubby bomb clear might look and sound like.

I'd say its firmly in the moderate section as far as arcade shmup difficulty goes. This game was a huge stepping stone for me when I cleared it.

I think it gets a reputation for being "easy" because it gives you more resources than most and you can get away with a dumb death or two. But DDP's stage 4-6 are pretty demanding. They're harder than stages you'd find in DonPachi, Mushihimesama, Futari, Espgaluda, or Deathsmiles. Espically stage 5 and 6. Yeeesh.
Flobeamer1922

Post by Flobeamer1922 »

Did a Batsugun 1cc today. Trying to get better at danmaku shmups, and I figured this was a good starting point.
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

Finally reached a personal goal of 12 M plus in Darius Gaiden route Z. This is the first time I've ever gotten well over 90% of world record (12.8 M by Mokkun) in a shmup which means I should just keep going right?
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Finally got a few days off work and was able to get in enough sessions on Cotton Reboot (Switch Version) to get the 1CC with Cotton herself. Final score: 270,339,700. So frustrating the leaderboards don't show your stage reached or a 1-ALL if you've cleared the game!

Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
LordHypnos

Post by LordHypnos »

>_>
<_<
Finally got Batsugun Special 1-ALL
YouTube | Restart Syndrome | 1cclist | Go Play Mars Matrix
Solunas wrote:How to Takumi your scoring system
1) Create Scoring System
2) Make it a multiplier for your actual score