Hori RAP VX SA Kai - Seimitsu joystick

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Swevicus

Hori RAP VX SA Kai - Seimitsu joystick

Post by Swevicus »

Hey, guys.

I have a Hori RAP VX SA Kai arcade stick (Xbox 360/PC) that I want to get using again, having not used it for over a year now. The problem, however, lies with replacing the joystick. I want to use a spare Seimitsu LS-40-01 joystick in place of that bloody Sanwa JLF (why the JLF!? How did this stick become the de-facto standard?!) but nothing I seem to do secures it in place. I can't find screws that fit, I can't seem to be able to find nuts that work, what do I do? I've tried every nut, bolt, screw, catch, etc. and I just can't find anything to align the LS-40-01 (using the S-plate) so it can be fixed in place.

Yours truly,
S.
jd213

Re: Hori RAP VX SA Kai - Seimitsu joystick

Post by jd213 »

I have several RAPs (mostly SA V3 models picked up used) that I've modded with Seimitsu sticks, the screw holes on the RAP that align with the S-plate needed to be threaded on all the ones I own. Never used a 360 model though.
Swevicus

Post by Swevicus »

I see. Thank you.
bigbadboaz

Post by bigbadboaz »

Which holes on the mounting plate line up with the stick's bracket for you? i.e. are you trying to reuse the screws and holes from what came stock, or does the plate for the 40 force a different alignment?

I've put Sei sticks into several HRAPs and never had a problem just screwing the same screws that were originally mounting the Sanwa or Hayabusa stick right back through the Seimitsu mounting plate. Be aware there are two versions of some of their plates: one built to mimic the standard JLF mount and one that was their own, older design. It might be that you need the other plate version to line up with that HRAP's bracket in the more convenient way. But if you get that one, it should screw right down with the original supplied screws.

(BTW, the 40 feels a lot like a JLF to me.. I don't get it :lol: )