M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
dmk1198

Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade

Post by dmk1198 »

Is there a go to website for games covers?
I've got afew GameCube games discs only would like to print out covers and buy cases etc

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk
Varth

Post by Varth »

Varth wrote:Bit of an unusual request, I know, but bear with my OCD please ^^'

I messed up buying ESPRADE PS4 on Amazon JP and ended up with a disk only release. My fault for not checking the description better.

Anyone here with a PS4 disk release that might have a spare hour to help me? Need a scan of the cover in the highest quality possible (DPI, not only resolution) to get it printed. Willing to pay for your time, either in donating to a charity of your choice or by topping up your PayPal.

Thanks for your attention fellow shmuppers, happy holidays.
dmk1198 wrote:Is there a go to website for games covers?
I've got afew GameCube games discs only would like to print out covers and buy cases etc

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk
I've been trying there as well, but it's not God of War. Of course I'll let you know if I get lucky, but I don't expect the general user there to have something as exotic. I'm also quite sure plenty of people here have it. It's just a matter of finding someone with the good will to help.
Varth

Post by Varth »

XtraSmiley wrote:
Varth wrote:
Varth wrote:Bit of an unusual request, I know, but bear with my OCD please ^^'

I messed up buying ESPRADE PS4 on Amazon JP and ended up with a disk only release. My fault for not checking the description better.

Anyone here with a PS4 disk release that might have a spare hour to help me? Need a scan of the cover in the highest quality possible (DPI, not only resolution) to get it printed. Willing to pay for your time, either in donating to a charity of your choice or by topping up your PayPal.

Thanks for your attention fellow shmuppers, happy holidays.
Any chance someone has the game and a scanner or a printing shop close by and is willing to help?

I can pay for your time, even if I would prefer donating to a charity of your choice.

TY
Buddy, I am looking for the special edition cover as well, I guess no one is reading the thread anymore, or has it to help?
Found it! Pretty decent quality too.
http://www.thecoverproject.net/forums/i ... #msg223371
Post #282
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

Varth wrote: Found it! Pretty decent quality too.
http://www.thecoverproject.net/forums/i ... #msg223371
Post #282
Thanks a ton man! I'm pretty happy you found it!

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but is this considered good quality? It gets pixilated when I zoom in. Is that due to the poster saving it as a JPG instead of something else?
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

It's not jpg compression, the scan's not very good. For fun I threw it at an AI processor and gave it some filters. Quarter-assed job but it looks a bit better than it was. Link

Edit: Super-compressed version, should be visually indistinguishable.
Varth

Post by Varth »

Well, "pretty decent" for something done with a home scanner from the only guy willing to do that, of course ^^'

Great that Lethe was able to make it better, THX. If I manage to get hold of the standard one I hope you'll be able to work on that as well.
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

Yes of course, like I said, gift horse and all!

I wish Amazon would sell these again or at least offer a digital source version.
Psynaptik

Post by Psynaptik »

Does anyone know if there's a good way to either

a) produce an english language version of the japanese manual

or

b) someone has done it already?

I've got Esprade Psi on Switch. Just bought Ketsui on PS4 and got a lot out of the english manual.

Tried screenshotting all the pages of the esprade manual and running them through a japanese image translator. didn't come out well (Yandex).

Would using OCR and then Japanese > English on a big translation service like Google or Microsoft be any better?

HAs someone who can actually speak Japanese done a translation?
CricketyJimit

Post by CricketyJimit »

Not sure how effective OCR software is but it seems like it might work better? I think https://www.deepl.com/translator is usually considered the best AI translator right now.
Redfox

Post by Redfox »

Hi,

Been playing esprade psy for several months now on Switch and I have a few questions. I think I checked the box to always allow continuing after the first credit but is there a y way, a y menu option to turn the warning back on? (My OCD kicking in). Also, how do you activate quick saving in game? I see the load quicksave option in the menu but not how to actually save.

Thanks for any advice.
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

Redfox wrote:Hi,

Been playing esprade psy for several months now on Switch and I have a few questions. I think I checked the box to always allow continuing after the first credit but is there a y way, a y menu option to turn the warning back on? (My OCD kicking in). Also, how do you activate quick saving in game? I see the load quicksave option in the menu but not how to actually save.

Thanks for any advice.
I believe the option you're referring to is under option setting -> 'other settings,' the third option down. It reads: コンティニュー設定 (continue settings). The descriptor window when you highlight it says [コンティニューの有無を設定します] (Set whether to continue).

For quicksave just press the - (minus) button during play, and you'll see the options for both quick save and quick load, and which slot you want to use for each.
Redfox

Post by Redfox »

Sengoku Strider wrote:
Redfox wrote:Hi,

Thanks for any advice.
I believe the option you're referring to is under option setting -> 'other settings,' the third option down. It reads: コンティニュー設定 (continue settings). The descriptor window when you highlight it says [コンティニューの有無を設定します] (Set whether to continue).

For quicksave just press the - (minus) button during play, and you'll see the options for both quick save and quick load, and which slot you want to use for each.
THANKS!!! Much appreciated!
cfx

Post by cfx »

Found the right thread this time so continued this here.
Steven wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:15 pm
cfx wrote:Re: ESP Ra.De. OT but search never works for me and I'm sure the game has a thread but it's not in the first few pages. A one post answer should do:
Steven wrote:lol great, it's even worse. Apparently you also have to play it on 2P side because fuck being 1P for unknown reasons. ESP Ra.De. is a very cool game with a ridiculous scoring system. I don't know. I will play it for a while and see if I get a clear and if I do I'll mess with the DIP switches and see what I get out of it.

Maybe I am wrong and I am still working on stuff like what character to play as and what game mode I should be playing (yes, I am playing Psi, so I have arcade, arcade plus, and all of that) and not actually routing the stages yet, but this game doesn't seem that hard for survival compared to some of CAVE's other stuff. Like I'd say this game is significantly easier than Dangun Feveron, which usually completely destroys me on stage 2 with the crazy fast bullets that game has, but it's too early to tell as of right now.
I'm not a big fan of Cave or bullet hell in general as I've written elsewhere, but I stumbled onto some videos of this game and thought it looked like something I may like; the patterns seem less like what I think of as typical Cave that I really dislike (Dodonpachi) and the screen isn't filled with huge numbers and other nonsense that obscures everything and the bullets aren't huge and cover the entire screen, most of the time.

However, I suck and will always suck to some degree. Normal here is still hard enough I'll likely never clear it, or at the very least will have to work up to it over time, but M2's Super Easy looks a little too tame at least early on and the patterns don't exactly look like they'd really teach the game. I found the online manual so realize it has difficulty settings beyond that, but I don't know how well they work so I guess that's what I'm asking. Also, I like Deathsmiles, Ibara, probalby Pink Sweets, and all Raizing games, does that imply that I will like, or hate, this? Scoring system isn't a high priority for me since survival is hard enough.

For now I can still get the PS4 disc.
Get the 1CC in Super Easy mode and then you can use Alice in Arcade Plus. She's really good at blowing shit up, so I don't think a normal difficulty Arcade Plus clear with her would be too difficult. Game's a lot of fun, so might as well try it, I think.
I just wanted to say I did get this recently; it took this long as it was part of an order with Playasia that included a preorder game that only recently came out. I've only messed around with it a little bit so far and not played seriously, but I like it. :D