DoDonPachi Dai-Ou-Jou Pcb Battery replacement

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
necroscope

DoDonPachi Dai-Ou-Jou Pcb Battery replacement

Post by necroscope »

I just bought a DoDonPachi Dai-Ou-Jou White label Pcb and I want to change the battery once it arrives,was hoping someone can tell me if the board needs to be powered on while replacing the battery,also can anyone confirm what voltage battery should be installed in the white label pcb i can only find imformation on the black label pcb.If the voltage is correct i was thinking about installing one of these super-caps http://www.altronics.com.au/index.asp?a ... m&id=R4996 which are a good replacement for the neo-geo batterys and from the photos of DOJ pcb's i have seen it looks like it could be the same battery neo's use.
brokenhalo

Re: DoDonPachi Dai-Ou-Jou Pcb Battery replacement

Post by brokenhalo »

the board doesn't need to be powered during battery replacement, as it's not a suicide battery. as a matter of fact, you don't actually need the battery at all. it just saves system changes: freeplay, difficulty, etc.

you can use the standard 3.6v cps2 style battery as a replacement. not sure if that super-cap will work or not. some one else will have to answer that.
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

You'll want a new & freshly installed Varta back-up battery in your DDP-DOJ WL PCB if you plan on converting it to a DOJ Black Label variant with high score saving & high score initial saving functionality (with a single eprom chip swap) perks, necroscope.

Plus the additional benefit of not having to worry about a converted DOJ BL going out on you if the back-up battery does "bite the dust" (like with a genuine DOJ BL board, then it'd have to sent in for repairs to be revived from the dead).

It works flawlessly on my converted DOJ board with the back-up battery installed.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
necroscope

Post by necroscope »

Thanks for the info guys,i will replace it with an original varta battery then,Changing the Rom to black label sounds awesome to me,already have a rom burner so shouldnt be a problem,What rom is used? Is it one from the mame set,any pointers would be awesome,thanks. 8)
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Here's the link to d/l the cool DOJ BL eprom conversion with score saving, courtesy of shmupper yosai:

http://ikotsu.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/do ... -hack.html

It'll be the single eprom that has a sticker of DDP-v100 on it, swap that one out and put in a new one and presto, your DOJ WL is now a DOJ BL version. How cool is that?

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
necroscope

Post by necroscope »

PC Engine Fan X! wrote:Here's the link to d/l the cool DOJ BL eprom conversion with score saving, courtesy of shmupper yosai:

http://ikotsu.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/do ... -hack.html

It'll be the single eprom that has a sticker of DDP-v100 on it, swap that one out and put in a new one and presto, your DOJ WL is now a DOJ BL version. How cool is that?

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Thanks for that PC-Fan,awesome stuff and to think i probably would have bought a DOJBL if i could have found one,Really stoked i bought a DOJ now :D
K-2

Post by K-2 »

Please excuse the 8 year necro bump.

I have a DOJ white converted with said black lable rom. Just took the Varta battery that had been replaced in 2012 was starting to form those crystals so desoldered it out a few days ago.

Before I install now a third Varta, would it make sense to install a vertically oriented coin battery holder and use a rechargeable ML2032 instead?

Cheers!

Ps: check your batteries!