Passive Autofire Circuit

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Codiene

Passive Autofire Circuit

Post by Codiene »

Looking for further guidance on this from someone who has built one of these circuits before or with more electronics knowledge than myself. I am building one of these to use in an arcade stick now and then to transfer into a control panel in the future as button mashing just isn't a fun aspect of shmups for me.

I ordered all the components from the circuit diagram as shown above. The resistors I ordered were 1K Ohm 1/8W. But now they have turned up and I have the benefit of seeing their relative scale they are tiny compared to the resistor shown on the images on the example board below. This image shows a 1K ohm resistor (Brown, Blacck) x Red = 10 x 100 Ohm = 1k Ohm. But there is no indication of the wattage.

Before I start ordering more resistors (I now have 20 of the 1K Ohm 1/8W as this was minimum order, lol) can these be used? If not what Wattage should I get I'd guess the one shown on the baord is 0.5w or 1w based on the relative size but I cannot imagine it needs to be any higher for the signal level in a joystick?

Thanks (as ever) to anyone who takes the time to read and help out :D

P.S. For the benefit of anyone that may know/have spotted/or cares I conceded that this version with a second 100uF capacitor on pin 4 from the hex inverter won't be as good as the 470nF version but I didn't want to have loads of spare capacitors lying around from having to do minimum orders of each. If it really isn't that great I can always swap out the caps in the future. I already now have surplus resistors :roll:
WelshMegalodon wrote:Both of those run just fine in MAME 0.222, pal. Maybe the problem is your shit-tier hardware.
Arcatech

Re: Passive Autofire Circuit

Post by Arcatech »

Is it possible to order a passive autofire circuit like this from an online vendor? Want to plug one into a Raiden cab. Thanks