Mamoru-kun Has Been Cursed - Western PS3 Release

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
drunkninja24

Re: Mamoru-kun Has Been Cursed - Western PS3 Release

Post by drunkninja24 »

Does the PS3 version have the option of playing in the original vertical format?
Pretas
Banned User

Post by Pretas »

drunkninja24 wrote:Does the PS3 version have the option of playing in the original vertical format?
Yes.
amdiggywhut

Post by amdiggywhut »

I bought this for PSN when it came out and didn't find it very enjoyable. I should give it another chance though.
Pretas
Banned User

Post by Pretas »

Try playing Fululu, she is hands down the most effective character and the most fun to use.
okerlo

Post by okerlo »

I just tried to play the Japanese retail PS3 version with my hayabusa stick which usually works well on the PS3, but this game? Not so much...
Maybe I'm just missing some option, but when I start the game and I'm in the start menu I can use the stick, as soon as I hit the start button it asks me to choose a control scheme (analog stick or digipad) and I can't do that with the arcade stick, it forces me to use the dualshock.

It's like it locks out my arcade stick: browsing the menu & playing the actual game only works with the dualshock, did I overlook some option where I can change this?
MachineAres 1CC

Post by MachineAres 1CC »

okerlo wrote:I just tried to play the Japanese retail PS3 version with my hayabusa stick which usually works well on the PS3, but this game? Not so much...
Maybe I'm just missing some option, but when I start the game and I'm in the start menu I can use the stick, as soon as I hit the start button it asks me to choose a control scheme (analog stick or digipad) and I can't do that with the arcade stick, it forces me to use the dualshock.

It's like it locks out my arcade stick: browsing the menu & playing the actual game only works with the dualshock, did I overlook some option where I can change this?
I don't have a PS3-specific stick to test this with, but Sony has been known to lock out certain controllers to make people use their proprietary ones many times in the past. Does your stick have the option to switch the function of the stick to be dpad or one of the analog sticks? Most sticks in the modern era have that, and it may let you get around this.

The game can be played arcade style with a stick or with dual-analogs, but I think that option was in the main menu, not something it asked you in game. Are you sure that's what it was asking you? Maybe your stick is malfunctioning? There's a lot of things that could be happening here.
JUST A COUPLE MORE SHOTS です
Achievements/trophies|1CC List
Twitch|Genesis Shmups project
XBL & PSN: IDOLxISxDEAD
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

okerlo wrote: hayabusa stick which usually works well on the PS3, but this game? Not so much...

What are the chances?.. I just solved this exact problem last night.
My hayabusa has been collecting dust for months as it stopped working some time ago.
Playing Aleste Collection I was like damn I need my joystick ...still didn't work. WTF?
oh yeah...
There's a switch on the right side: DP LS RS (d-pad, left stick, right stick)
Set it to DP for dpad and you should be good to go.
CanbeeShinobi2

Post by CanbeeShinobi2 »

Wow that looks a cute little game and the old nes atmosphere is awesome, unfortunately for me, I realized after some searching that I cannot enjoy it as it hasnt been released on PS4 and PC. Just when I thought I found a new worth playing game. :(
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

CanbeeShinobi2 wrote:Wow that looks a cute little game and the old nes atmosphere is awesome, unfortunately for me, I realized after some searching that I cannot enjoy it as it hasnt been released on PS4 and PC. Just when I thought I found a new worth playing game. :(
Yeah I really wish we could play this on PS4!
I got to dabble with it on X360 and really liked it.
CanbeeShinobi2

Post by CanbeeShinobi2 »

Koa Zo wrote:Yeah I really wish we could play this on PS4!
I got to dabble with it on X360 and really liked it.

Glad to know you guys do actually like shmups that aren't pure Cave danmaku/bullet hell style.