Prelude to the Apocalypse

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!

Iran War. When.

6%
2022-2025
28%
2026-2030
13%
2031-2040
6%
2041-2050
No votes
Never
47%

Total votes: 53

orange808

Re: Prelude to the Apocalypse

Post by orange808 »

"One thing this vaccine will not solve or cure is selfishness"
Bill Lee (Republican) TN

lmao
Okay, boomer.

You and your rich pals can't buy your way out of this one with your "equal access", so you suddenly care about right and wrong? That's a bullshit narrowly defined definition of "selfishness".

Okay, boomer.
We apologise for the inconvenience
kitten

Post by kitten »

https://prospect.org/politics/establish ... democrats/

i think the only thing democrats have learned from the last 4 years is how to threaten us with worse-than-them so they can keep being exactly-as-bad
~Imagination and memory are but one thing, which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
Image | Image
~*~*~*~*~*~* If there's a place that I could be ~ Then I'd be another memory *~*~*~*~*~*~
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Obama's "aw geez shucks we can't try to do good things because some people don't want to do good things" routine is especially wearing old. It's fundamentally identical to David Brooks's shtick. An example of liberal logic: "republicans can normalize putting kids in cages but we can't normalize giving everyone healthcare."

Controversy is always free publicity, certainly worked for women's suffrage and such. They don't fight because they don't want to change anything because all of their personal incentives are against it.
“I’m taking into account who pays their dues and who doesn’t work against other members whether in primaries or in other contexts”
Really fucking rich, considering how hard they backed that Kennedy potato salad guy against Markey. Who's nowhere close to being anti-capitalist. Their squeezing actually has the guy making sound-noises about maybe we should tone down the apocalypse a little bit. Crazy times..

(And of course the guy this is a quote from fund-raises for republicans. Of course he does, team identity is all about who's footing the bill.)
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

https://twitter.com/WalkerBragman/statu ... 1578476544

America, fuck yeah.

Someone else made sure to get their horse racing stuff in the covid bill: https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/ ... 1257129985
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

Steamflogger Boss wrote:https://twitter.com/WalkerBragman/statu ... 1578476544

America, fuck yeah.

Someone else made sure to get their horse racing stuff in the covid bill: https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/ ... 1257129985
“But these figures are still useful to see what our government's priorities are.”

No, it shows you who your government actually is. The American state is at this point almost just a military industrial complex with a country attached.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Sengoku Strider wrote:The American state is at this point almost just a military industrial complex with a country attached.
Worth noting on a videogame forum that the latest Call of Duty game has you doing dirty work for a smart, capable, and not at all senile Ronald Reagan. I wonder if there's a "No Russian" scene where you gun down nuns with the Contras?

I'm still playing Batman: Arkham Knight and my eyes just about rolled out the back of my head when Oracle told me, "Oh no, Batman, this army invading Gotham... they're from Venezuela!!!!"

I would really prefer SJW politics in my videogames over all this military industrial complex propaganda.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

I got a copy of Modern Warfare with my old graphics card. Gave up on the single player campaign when it became clear it wasn't a shooter, it had more in common with NFL Blitz. The waves of brave men dying trying to defend their country from the invading savage (the player's avatar) were literally infinite, like ghosts popping out of a ghost generator in Gauntlet. Except the generators are invisible and only work when you're not looking at them. Clearing a space, running into the cleared space, and then being shot in the back from point blank from a guy spawned a foot behind you is the most dogshit thing I've ever seen in the genre. It is nothing but running past an invisible line to shut off the spawns, very unDOOM-like.

... the graphics card died on me while I was playing Rollercoaster Tycoon. The first one. Like a year later. It was an omen.
lawnspic

Post by lawnspic »

GaijinPunch wrote:Every time I hear "patriot" I think, "Great, another fucking psycho who is probably armed to the teeth".
Yeah, i commented on some extremist right winger fb post and said "Please come to the east end of Long Island NY and meet the real Republicans, the ones that wouldnt so much as look at you or have you in their home" He offered no response. Shortly after the election these idiots talk of a civil war. I am like what are you gonna do? Drive cross country and shoot up Manhattan haha!
Iron Maiden: "It was dead, but alive at the same time."
Steamflogger Boss

ED-057

Post by ED-057 »

Currently listening to Jimmy Dore's hours-long monologue destroying the myth of the 'progressive democrat', something I eagerly awaited as soon as I heard the inevitable news that the #FraudSquad had discarded their campaign promises and capitulated to the oligarchy at the earliest available opportunity thereby flipping the bird to all of their supporters. Oops, voting for the uniparty failed again :( :( :(

Tomorrow the other half of the uniparty voters congregate in D.C. to take their turn. Will they be able to extract any concessions from the oligarchy? Lol.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

ED-057 wrote:Currently listening to Jimmy Dore's hours-long monologue destroying the myth of the 'progressive democrat', something I eagerly awaited as soon as I heard the inevitable news that the #FraudSquad had discarded their campaign promises and capitulated to the oligarchy at the earliest available opportunity thereby flipping the bird to all of their supporters. Oops, voting for the uniparty failed again :( :( :(

Tomorrow the other half of the uniparty voters congregate in D.C. to take their turn. Will they be able to extract any concessions from the oligarchy? Lol.
The squad DID get concessions for their Pelosi vote; they got rid of paygo, one of the BIGGEST impediments to Medicare for All, the Green New Deal, and any other transformative progressive legislation that might go before congress.

But when you get into boring details like that it's hard to work up the screaming fit that's part of Jimmy Dore's discount-Lewis-Black routine.

Doesn't it ever strike you as odd that Jimmy Dore always cheerleads the far-left where it's weakest but always attacks it where it's strongest?

Because I can tell you the one person who ISN'T shedding a tear over this #fraudsquad trending: Nancy Pelosi.

Pelosi and Neera Tanden are toasting Jimmy Dore and laughing their asses off at all the leftists turning on the squad right now.

If you've got hours to watch Jimmy Dore, why not watch this 2016 performance of his and see how well his predictions turned out?

Edit: Also this:
INBOX: Pelosi announces additional committee assignments for 117th Congress

Oversight and Reform Committee:
Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York
Congresswoman Katie Porter of California
Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib of Michigan
Congresswoman Cori Bush of Missouri
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
ED-057

Post by ED-057 »

Stockholm Syndrome reporting in!
Doesn't it ever strike you as odd that Jimmy Dore always cheerleads the far-left where it's weakest but always attacks it where it's strongest?
There is no place where the far-left is strong. Not in this country. There are only corporatists LARPing in leftist clothing. They keep shouting "lightning bolt!" but the lightning bolts never materialize, then they deflect and play the victim when people wonder why that might be.
If you've got hours to watch
Listen. Not watch. Bandwidth costs money.
why not watch this 2016 performance of his and see how well his predictions turned out
Hah! Now this is something. Worth the 101 megabytes.

2016 JD gave the dems too much credit! He thought if the reps could block Garland then the dems could block a Trump appointee. Of course they didn't actually do this. Rolling over is what dems do. Lightning bolt!?

2016 JD thought Trump would damage the R party, and that the dems would be forced to clean up their act. Of course they didn't actually do this. Dems are now at their all-time, scummiest low.

2016 Sam is trash talking a hypothetical presidential candidate for being too old, and now we've got Slow Joe.

BTW, paygo was never a real thing to begin with. Bailouts for oligarchs still went through unimpeded. The LARPers can come up with a new excuse, if they even need one, if they're even made to answer a question (cue Pelosi telling some MSM mannequin to "just calm down")
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Well, after winning the senate we'll see if we'll get that $1400 bernie bux or not. This whole affair reminds me of the time he raised the minimum wage, with how an actual media push on a popular issue works. (In his book he mentions that Boehner vowed to "kill himself" if the minimum wage was raised. The book quipped "where's republican honor when you need it?" when it passed and that never happened.)

Eskow recently mentioned that Jeff Bezos talks like the Earth is fucked, and we're all going to live in O'Neill cylinders in space under his rule in the future. I guess space dystopia would be one of the more optimistic outcomes of our doomy situation.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Oh hey, here's a video of Jimmy Dore DEFENDING a politician for flip-flopping on their support for the very medicare for all bill that he's presently crucifying AOC for not prioritizing above all other options.

Can you guess who it is he's defending???

https://twitter.com/Nitzky89/status/1339976725271355393

BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Is it Eva Kaili?
Steamflogger Boss

More orchestrated drama today? Shocks you to see it.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Fucking zombie apocalypse footage coming out of DC.

Steamflogger Boss

Trump demanding "Law and Order" again has me rolling. He was literally asking for this. Trump and Qanon had been whipping that base into a frothing blood thirsty lather.
Last edited by Steamflogger Boss on Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CIT

Post by CIT »

Trump needs to be tried for treason for this.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Steamflogger Boss wrote:Trump demanding "Law and Order" again has me rolling. He was literally asking for this. Trump and Qanon had been whipping that base into a frothing blood thirsty lather.
He is the best wrestler I know.
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Steamflogger Boss

CIT wrote:Trump needs to be tried for treason for this.
This would be amazing but won't happen imo.
FinalBaton wrote:
Steamflogger Boss wrote:Trump demanding "Law and Order" again has me rolling. He was literally asking for this. Trump and Qanon had been whipping that base into a frothing blood thirsty lather.
He is the best wrestler I know.
Steamflogger Boss

MJR

Post by MJR »

DROKK!

FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

:lol:
Welcome to the Cursed Earth indeed!
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

"Proudboys stand back and stand by."

Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

my post from a week or so ago in the Covid thread. I'll have a hard time believing the police (their leadership) at the US capitol didn't by and large allow this storming and occupation of The United States Capitol to happen.
As I type this 45 minutes before the DC curfew goes into effect, the insurrectionists are being relatively gently pushed out by police and presumably allowed to go on their merry way.
How are these domestic terrorists not all being rounded up and arrested? Instead allowing them to go home to terrorize another day.
Koa Zo wrote:[...]
Meanwhile we have a secessionist movement brewing and ongoing attempt to overthrow our election.
I just saw this post pop up on facebook. How far will they take it?
When law enforcement stands along side you, you have the beginning of revolution.
From the Lancaster County Sheriff's Office :
STATEMENT
Our hearts and prayers are with those who have suffered the loss of someone due to the Covid-19 virus. Likewise, our hearts and prayers go out to those who have suffered financially from the quarantine orders.
When taking a drastic step such as a quarantine, there must be a balance between public safety, as directed by the government, and the rights of the people. An action of the government, such as a quarantine, that takes decision making away from the individual, should be extremely rare and limited.
Our United States Constitution, and the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, recognize individual freedom and liberties, and weigh heavily in favor of the rights of the individual citizen. In recognition of this, our Office will stand in defense of the individual rights of all citizens. Our Office will not be enforcing any edicts from the Governor’s Office as it relates to the Covid -19 pandemic. We are a government for the people, by the people.
We believe that each person should exercise and bear personal responsibility in the best interests of themselves, their families, friends, and employees, and it is they, not the centralized government, who should make those decisions.
May God Bless the United States of America, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and each one of you.
Sheriff Chris Leppler
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Koa Zo wrote:As I type this 45 minutes before the DC curfew goes into effect, the insurrectionists are being relatively gently pushed out by police and presumably allowed to go on their merry way.
How are these domestic terrorists not all being rounded up and arrested? Instead allowing them to go home to terrorize another day.
https://twitter.com/chadloder/status/13 ... 7152745474

Steamflogger Boss

Mischief Maker wrote:
Koa Zo wrote:As I type this 45 minutes before the DC curfew goes into effect, the insurrectionists are being relatively gently pushed out by police and presumably allowed to go on their merry way.
https://twitter.com/chadloder/status/13 ... 7152745474
What a surprise!
Steamflogger Boss

Seems that one viking guy was also at the BLM stuff? Appears to be an actor. I had a link to an actor site profile (backstage) for him but it was pulled...

If anyone was wondering how orchestrated this shit is... Not that you need much more proof than the police just letting people through. This whole thing is a mess.
Last edited by Steamflogger Boss on Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

The NSA has the capacity to find many people that stormed the building with networked computers in their pockets. Additionally, Silicon Valley and wireless providers will gladly cooperate and hand over the data. I believe the remaining Patriot Act measures will require them to comply. Even Apple won't fight this.

Most of these fools had their computers on and most Android phones essentially run a Google rootkit. Of course, if you posted to Facebook, you're screwed.

Should be interesting to see how Biden handles it. If I was Biden, I would pretend to let it go and wait. After he swears in, unleash an investigation. Don't let Trump use pardon. Wait for the opportune moment and hunt the people down next month.

Facebook's face recognition database should provide plenty of leads from camera footage as well.
We apologise for the inconvenience