... and it made me smile.

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
vol.2

Re: ... and it made me smile.

Post by vol.2 »

Sanwa sent me a little paper cut-out sushi with my mouse pad. I guess I could have cut all the black lines off better on the shrimp, but I think I got the contour pretty good.

BIL

Post by BIL »

Aww :3 Makes me think of me old cat Handsome Jack who I can't see atm because coof. Like I am sure most cats, the aloof bastard will be your BFF if you've had sushi anywhere on your person in the past 48hrs. I think even he'd be briefly confused!

vol.2

Post by vol.2 »

BIL wrote: Image
hahaha. that furry bastard.
makes me wonder if they aren't just biding their time until we're vulnerable. you occasionally hear some story of a cat lady dying and being eaten by her starving cats. guess i can't blame them.

I am occasionally addicted to the CatsStandingUp subreddit
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Saving the world with a smug expensive off the grid home project?
https://www.ids.ac.uk/opinions/will-sol ... al-africa/

Well... Those batteries are an issue. A large shared grid can move energy across large distances and deliver it without the need for storage. Maybe we should work together on fixing that?

Neat little home project. :) Neat toxic waste, too. :) You aren't saving the world, tho. Makes me smile to wipe that smug smile off your face.
We apologise for the inconvenience
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Your attitude is charming, as always.

It's not just the batteries; the panels themselves use a variety of rare and toxic heavy metals in their construction. They're very beneficial for their ability to produce electricity without producing carbon dioxide, the main greenhouse we need to avoid producing to avoid warming the Earth's climate, but they definitely pose a waste recycling problem and is why I'd like to see more focus on wind energy. Wind energy however is subject to a lot of "not in my backyard" attitudes because people love electricity but hate the idea of seeing a wind turbine. Very odd.

Wind energy's main disadvantages, other than the metals used to build them, are the risk of flying wildlife hitting them (which apparently can be drastically reduced by painting one of the blades black) and the potential climate changes resulting from drawing energy out of the wind (if it has a real impact it's still going to be far less significant than anthropogenic climate warming from greenhouse gases is).
BIL

Post by BIL »

BareKnuckleRoo wrote:Wind energy's main disadvantages, other than the metals used to build them, are the risk of flying wildlife hitting them (which apparently can be drastically reduced by painting one of the blades black)
Interesting - totally offhand, I guess that promotes some predator recognition circuitry in prey animal brains? Like newly-hatched chickens running for cover if you move your hand over them like a passing hawk.

Reminds me of something I heard from noted wildlife expert James Heftfield Esq. on beekeepers never wearing black, it makes the bees rank up hard. Seems legit.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

These error messages hidden in this game .. Matt's in trouble.
numFrames <= 0 illegal. you're under arrest dipshit
fix this mr. matt duncan
Shitfucker
Hmmm... these aren't equal! Fire Matt immediately
something's wrong in the state of denmark
What the fuck? Scorp ptr isn't scorp
Now how, I said how in the hell did this happen?
No mysterio. Fire Matt
Fire Matt after kicking him decidedly in the nutsack
Fire Matt, he fucked up the rhino XA. Actually, kick him in the nuts first
What in the name of God above?
Don't collide with yourself idiot
what in the name of Dog?
Just how in the name of Jeezus did zis happen?
Stuck goddammit
What the fuck?
Not enough slots. Fire Matt
What the hell?
Fire matt
Demote Matt immediately
Who's been smokin' crack today?
fire matt immediately please
BIL

Post by BIL »

Decisive nutsack kick, the "Golden Target" of Wing Chun style Image

In the comments on a classic Game of Thrones season 1 clip, directed at nobody in particular :lol:

Show used to be SO AMAZIN. Now its just amazing how fast it TURN 2 DOG SHIT Image
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

BIL wrote:Show used to be SO AMAZIN. Now its just amazing how fast it TURN 2 DOG SHIT Image
There's a difference between trying to write for a show to be a success by itself, and writing a resume to get a job making $tar Wars films for Disney.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
orange808

Post by orange808 »

We apologise for the inconvenience
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

This night I had the strangest dream. I'm dead serious here, this is something I dreamt.

Due to some kind of earlier controversy, every single representation of Mark of the Wolves had been removed from YouTube. To the point where a search for "MOTW" resulted in only a single, unrelated, result.

It had me shortly pondering whether I recalled the title entirely wrong, and it immediately demonstrated how much power a platform like YouTube has nowadays, despite being literally just a video sharing service.
Eventually the consequences were that everyone from the internet generation who gets all of their information from YouTube somehow came to the conclusion that MOTW was this completely unknown hidden gem that no one knew about.

Weird.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

They removed La Li Lu Le Lo from Youtube?
wait what even is that? a gacha game?
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
BIL

Post by BIL »

Sometimes I pine for the sixth and seventh ASOIAF books that'll never come, but then I look at this week's spam and feel like the luckiest man in the world. 3;
dojo_b

Post by dojo_b »

My favorite one from years back read: "Hello Friend, Are you tired of Disappointing that Special Someone? Now the girls will call you Largissimo!"

Our aesthetic categories are still lagging behind the spammer-scammers' work, IMO. I was asked recently why these emails made me so happy, and I struggled to answer---the best I could do, "They make me feel at home in the world." Thinking a bit more, they're delightful partly for what they withhold; they invite you to imagine the speaker, crouching behind his flimsy curtain, but also to strain to picture the true target audience, deep in Chumpsville (oh and, the wonderful world in which the scammer's claims are really true). Maybe all this provocative absence is like the concept of the "acousmatic" in modernist music. There's also an interesting tension between the hyper-banality of concerns, and the almost-poetic tiptoe dance around the spam filter's watchful eye---with the occasional dash of creativity for its own sake.
vol.2

Post by vol.2 »

Junk mail has been around since the birth of the written language.
If you go back to the introduction of the printing press, junk mail notices and adverts were the main stay of the business.

There is something comforting about it's constancy.
BIL

Post by BIL »

dojo_b wrote:Our aesthetic categories are still lagging behind the spammer-scammers' work, IMO. I was asked recently why these emails made me so happy, and I struggled to answer---the best I could do, "They make me feel at home in the world." Thinking a bit more, they're delightful partly for what they withhold; they invite you to imagine the speaker, crouching behind his flimsy curtain, but also to strain to picture the true target audience, deep in Chumpsville (oh and, the wonderful world in which the scammer's claims are really true).
I had a Nigerian professor once, and a couple of Nigerian classmates, and the subject of infamous "419" came up (the Nigerian penal code's designation for spam/scam, etc - if the Prince of Nigeria has been kidnapped by ninjas, again, and only your renowned compassion and judgement can save the day, that's 419!). I'll always treasure my buddy's translation of the word "MUGU" for me in the unofficial 419 anthem "I Go Chop Your Dollar."

"It mean a bum, a chump..." *pause for emphasis* "A real big loser." I asked him about those old biddies who blow their life savings trying in vain to foil the ninjas and he got kinda sad and said they weren't MUGU, "just victims." :sad: :mrgreen:

(prof had a marvelous way of pronouncing "decades" as "dickheads." Building this doctrine, it took dickheads! Many, many dickheads!)
BIL

Post by BIL »

How'd I hear about this but not this? 2018 was a more innocent time I guess.

"You're treating me like A FUCKIN BLACK PERSON!" - Jeffrey Epstein Image

"Look at 'em! They're gonna beat me up! DONT BEAT ME UP YOU MOTHERFUCKERS" Image

Epstein says he created the disturbance on purpose to "prove a point" about police use of excessive force.

Image Image Image

BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

My first honest-to-goodness accusation of cheating. Brings me a little tear of joy to my eye.

The person deleted it soon after posting it because it's not on the actual video comments, but it still showed up on my notification feed. I like that they picked a game I had been streaming regularly on Twitch showing the attempts, and a game that's a PC game. I have no absolutely no idea how to TAS or save state something that's not in an emulator, sorry buddy. :lol:
BIL

Post by BIL »

The deletion is a fascinating twist, I wonder if he realised it wasn't emulation or if he just got scurred. :mrgreen:
vol.2

Post by vol.2 »

BIL

Post by BIL »

Besides the obvious Image

Spoiler

I like bass player's style, he really has that oldschool John Taylor verve down :cool:

Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Yeah I could look at that all day.
My lord, I have come for you.
BIL

Post by BIL »

BulletMagnet wrote:My life contains a multitude of regrets, but I'm having trouble thinking of many that top my decision to post that thing.

vol.2

Post by vol.2 »

BIL wrote:
BulletMagnet wrote:My life contains a multitude of regrets, but I'm having trouble thinking of many that top my decision to post that thing.
Spoiler
hahaha

kind of reminds me of the larva skeletons in rondo
BIL

Post by BIL »

Dr. Michael Obeng has fixed Gorilla Glue Girl's head! Now that dumb bitch hopefully won't shit up the courts with her LOLsuit! Fingers crossed LOLOLOL Image
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

She's gonna be bald soon. Have fun growing it back.
DMC

Post by DMC »

Pigs playing arcades.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/technolo ... ssion=true

Missed opportunity they didn't get to play Muchi muchi pork.
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

DMC wrote:Pigs playing arcades.

Missed opportunity they didn't get to play Muchi muchi pork.
Or Butasan/Mr. Pig.
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Searchlike

Post by Searchlike »

This tagline from Monte Hellman's great Cockfighter (1974):
He came into town with his cock in his hand, and what he did with it was illegal in 49 states.