Cyberpunk 2077

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
cave hermit

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by cave hermit »

So Cyberpunk 2077 comes out in 4 days. Preloading actually starts tomorrow.

I'm not a CDPR fanboy or anything, but given how well respected the company is, and the sheer amount of hype surrounding this game, I'm pretty excited to play this one. Got my RTX 3080 rig with 1440p G-Sync all ready to go, finals end tomorrow, yup, its Gamer (tm) Time.

Watch me end up spending launch day playing Yakuza Like a Dragon or Visual Pinball instead.

No but seriously, with the sheer amount of hype this game has generated, there is no realistic way the final product will live up to it. That said, I think it will still be one of the best games of the last few years.

Any thoughts?
Blinge

Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Blinge »

half the fans probably don't know what the word means.
cunts!!!!

I bet they never played system cock or read NEUROMANCER!! i read the whole sprawl trilogy.
I'm lo-tech, Man!!! fuck you!
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Was sort of hyped, then I wasn't, now I am kind of like whatever.

I don't love open world, and if this is just open world with a cyber punk coat of paint I can easily skip it.
My lord, I have come for you.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

I'm expecting a Witcher 3-equivalent.

Toying with picking up the Cyberpunk PnP sourcebook humble bundle.

How crazy that we're living in a time where you can get every single source book published for a major RPG for only 15 measly bucks! Those things devoured my paper route earnings when I was a kid.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
zuntaito

Post by zuntaito »

I bet it will be a pretty shit game full of cinematics and propaganda. It doesn't even look all that cyberpunk-ish. Just ugly futuristic.
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

Mischief Maker wrote:I'm expecting a Witcher 3-equivalent.

Toying with picking up the Cyberpunk PnP sourcebook humble bundle.

How crazy that we're living in a time where you can get every single source book published for a major RPG for only 15 measly bucks! Those things devoured my paper route earnings when I was a kid.
If you're in the market for a good cyberpunk tabletop rpg, I highly recommend Tokyo Nova. Hard to go back to dice after the rad card-based luck/combo management.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
CIT

Post by CIT »

I'm pretty hyped about this, primarily because of the game world — played the tabletop RPG quite a bit around 25 years ago.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

It doesn't matter how much money and manpower you put into it; you cannot take the eurojank out of Eastern European RPGs.
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
Ixmucane2

Post by Ixmucane2 »

The trailer from over one year ago was quite impressive, and I expect the game to have improved in the meantime. I'll buy a new PC with an out-of-stock graphics card and then Cyberpunk 2077, but not immediately.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Better hope you got some beefy hardware .. because this does not seem to be a very well optimized game. 30 FPS on a 1060 6GB at 1080p w/ Medium settings, ouch.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/cyber ... ce-preview

Also, every review I've read mentions bugs, bugs and more bugs. Maybe patches will help out down the road.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/cyberpunk-2077
Necronopticous

Post by Necronopticous »

Udderdude wrote:Better hope you got some beefy hardware .. because this does not seem to be a very well optimized game. 30 FPS on a 1060 6GB at 1080p w/ Medium settings, ouch.
I opted to play on PS4 Pro...I hope it can, like, even run. :|
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

They haven't sent out any review keys for last gen consoles. lol

The next gen console version won't be out for awhile. You're just running the last gen version with backwards compatibility mode and a higher FPS/resolution target.

On top of this, there's a day one patch that weighs in at about 40 GB. So if you bought the physical version, the disc is basically a drink coaster w/o this patch.
Last edited by Udderdude on Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drauch

Post by drauch »

zuntaito wrote:I bet it will be a pretty shit game full of cinematics and propaganda. It doesn't even look all that cyberpunk-ish. Just ugly futuristic.
Great first post. Welcome to the forum!
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

I'll probably wait a couple of months before playing this on PC. Tons of games to occupy what little free time I have until then. Waiting two extra months is nothing in the long run
Marc

Post by Marc »

I appear to have pre-ordered this. Which is odd, because I started Witcher 3, realised how huge it was going to be and abandoned it, I didn't like any of the Bethesda games, and I don't pre-order. But it's on its way. I presume some preview mentioned Deus Ex and I got a bit carried away after a few drinks.
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Some streamers are streaming it a day early. Officially, of course. Not like they're getting shut down every two seconds. So far, the bugs have been relatively minor, but we'll see what happens as the game progresses. Also, apparently a driver update helped with performance? We'll see. They're going to be pushing patches until launch day lol.
TransatlanticFoe

Post by TransatlanticFoe »

Marc wrote:I appear to have pre-ordered this. Which is odd, because I started Witcher 3, realised how huge it was going to be and abandoned it, I didn't like any of the Bethesda games, and I don't pre-order. But it's on its way. I presume some preview mentioned Deus Ex and I got a bit carried away after a few drinks.

You can hammer through the main quest in about 20 hours if you're so inclined, but apparently you'll get a bleak ending. From reading about it so far, what you do/don't do drastically impacts what side missions/interactions are available - which sounds fun. And it does seem like a more open world Deus Ex - although it seems no-one is yet allowed to post any footage that's not pre-approved marketing.

There are two hefty updates coming yet prominent reviewers are focusing on bugs, dunno if this is some kind of post-Assassin's Creed Unity kneejerk in the mainstream media because Red Dead (people become horses, birds become people) and Skyrim (turbocharged horses, rotating carriages, et al) were both highly acclaimed and had some absurd issues at launch.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

TransatlanticFoe wrote:There are two hefty updates coming yet prominent reviewers are focusing on bugs, dunno if this is some kind of post-Assassin's Creed Unity kneejerk in the mainstream media because Red Dead (people become horses, birds become people) and Skyrim (turbocharged horses, rotating carriages, et al) were both highly acclaimed and had some absurd issues at launch.
That's kinda what happened to Serious Sam 4. The core gameplay is the best in the series, but there were performance bugs and the graphical quality of the cutscenes are way below the actual game so it was SAVAGED by reviewers. Look at the Steam reviews now and it's at "Very Positive."

Though if I were absolutely honest, in its current state (1.06) I'd say it's still like a very late EA build for what's going to be the best Serious Sam game. Basically everything that isn't the core horde-shooter gameplay is either too short or mediocre, but there's nothing that reaches "unfun" like Second Encounter's bouncy rooms and slippery spike traps.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

10 GB day one patch downloading for my PC version off GOG.

And I'll just check the game folder and see... HOLY SHIT IT JUMPED FROM 60 to 130 GB IN SIZE!

Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

That extra space should be freed up once it's done patching. It writes out the new, patched file and then deletes the old one.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

...and back down to 63 GB.

Gonna DL the latest Nvidia drivers (new build tonight) and come back with first impressions!

Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Well slap my ass and call me Charlie! It really DOES run 60fps on my 1660 Super at 1080p on high settings...

...albeit with Depth of Field and Motion blur off, which I hate anyway. Suddenly the need to upgrade to a 3000x card is very remote. Maybe I'll wait for the Super line and see if they can't create a less power-hungry model.

If people hadn't mentioned it, I'd have no idea this game lets you customize your genitals. You gotta scroll WAY down to find that option, and the default genital choice is actually never-nude cutoffs.

It controls like you'd expect an FPS/RPG hybrid to run, slightly stiff.

You can hit TAB to bring up a cyber interface and highlight enemies to see their positions behind walls, that's also where you do your hacking.

Haven't reached freeroam areas yet, the intro to this game is LONG and does a lot of dumping you straight into the action with unclear weapon loadouts.

There's a lot of neon and smoke and rain in the game, but I wouldn't call the game's look Blade Runner so far. Maybe when I'm free-roaming at night?

More later!

Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Durandal wrote:It doesn't matter how much money and manpower you put into it; you cannot take the eurojank out of Eastern European RPGs.
Isn't that the primary reason for playing them?
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Well, it's not the primary reason people played Witcher 3, that's for sure.

Also I love how long and oPiNioNatEd :lol: this thread has gotten with only Mischief Maker actually having played the fucking game!!!
With only the briefest of impressions too.

This place man. :mrgreen:
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

?
Outside of some troll with a 2 post history, Mischief Maker's is the only opinion on the game I've seen in the thread.

As with everywhere else, the talk immediately went into hardware tech stuff which is unsurprising, considering how poorly the game has been reported to perform.
drauch

Post by drauch »

I put in about 6 hours last night. I'm using a 2070s and it's running nice and smooth, defaulted with raytracing at Ultra and everything else High. Only jitters I've seen is when driving third-person and looking around at populated areas. The lighting looks nuts. Lots of hazy neon and sleazy alleys lit with glowing advertisement signs.

Haven't had a chance to do a lot of action yet, but what little I've done I enjoyed. Mainly putzing around and enjoy the scenery and exploring, but the gunplay and melee feels good. The highlight is definitely the more 'technical' side of stuff as there's plenty to scan and a variety of options to employ.

Haven't experienced too many bugs. I noticed when calling your car sometimes I have to do it twice. And some hamburger was floating in the air and eventually this chick ate it, which was rad.
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

Not really that interested in this after Witcher 3. Really dislike the whole massive but mostly empty game genre. Hope everyone that is into that gets what they want out of it though.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Sumez wrote: Outside of some troll with a 2 post history, Mischief Maker's is the only opinion on the game I've seen in the thread.
exactamundo.

Y'know. if 2077 makes me feel like i'm Neuromancer world for a quarter of its length, I'd call that a win.

..man i should get around to trying Witcher 2
drauch

Post by drauch »

Yeah, I'm definitely getting the Gibson vibe, especially when you jack-in and do some cyber snooping. It's rad.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Digital Foundry vid. The game is an absolute mess on the base PS4. Seems to run better on the PS4 Pro. I'd wait for patches if you're going the console route. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5pHpQqhmR4