The official Bullet Heaven Megathread [Lock Plz]

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
clippa

Re: The official Bullet Heaven Megathread

Post by clippa »

Acid wrote:I'm glad you enjoyed Ginga Force. Not enough people are playing it on the PS4.
Yeah, not many people on the steam leaderboards either, I noticed the other day.
The game is amazing! I'll check out your review if I get a chance hopefully tonight.
I mean I've already got the game and I think it's great, but it's just fun sometimes to see what other people think and hear them talk about it, see if there are any scoring thingies I've missed too.
StudioMudprints

Post by StudioMudprints »

X
Last edited by StudioMudprints on Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
StudioMudprints

X
Last edited by StudioMudprints on Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
StudioMudprints

X
Last edited by StudioMudprints on Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

Great episode on Ketsui!
StudioMudprints

X
Last edited by StudioMudprints on Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dmk1198

Post by dmk1198 »

Sweet thnx

Sent from my Redmi Note 8T using Tapatalk
Acid

Post by Acid »

Looking forward to your Aleste Collection review. I already bought it, but it's entertaining hearing knowledgeable reviewers discuss games I enjoy.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I noticed you aren't even trying to censor yourself anymore. You actually dropped a few f-bombs in your Freedom Finger and Gun Nac review. But yes, I do agree with you, fuck 2020.
FRO

Post by FRO »

I love the chrome effect in the Gun Nac logo, and you really got a pretty close approximation of that in the thumbnail. Cool stuff. Looking forward to more reviews for 2021!
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

I wish I had known that Gun Nac was a Zanac sequel back in the day. It showed up late and was neither widely distributed nor, as near as I could tell, widely reviewed. So I just saw this thing with a goofy rabbit on the cover and a weird name, thought it looked kind of interesting but never sought it out.

Compile not being a publisher were totally under the radar back then. Zanac published by FCI, Guardian Legend by Broderbund, Power Strike by Sega, Blazing Lazers by Hudson/NEC, MUSHA by Seismic, Robo Aleste by Tengen, Space Mega Force by Toho. 99% of gamers wouldn't have understood these were all the same guys, I feel like it was only during the 16-bit era that the Western console gaming press started talking about individual developers and teams rather than just the publisher.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Too bad Gun*Nac censored the intro, so we didn't get the full craziness game in the US. The pilot is a shrine maiden in the original intro.