Sisters Royale (Alfa System, PC/Switch/PS4/XB1, 2019)

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores

Best Girl?

Sonay
6%
Selma
29%
Ece
18%
Nur
18%
Lale
18%
Ode
12%

Total votes: 17

Mero

Re: Sisters Royale (Alfa System, PC/Switch/PS4/XB1, 2019)

Post by Mero »

Good work!

Unfortunately I can't check the leaderboards as there's no internet at my place, hence why I'm not on there myself. I wouldn't mind a look myself though.

Edit: just watched Mishi's Ode run form Shmupslam, though he died a lot and lost a lot of score he made up for that on Seytan, I'm now convinced that Ode has the highest scoring potential in the game. I wonder if something approaching 7 billion could be possible.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

I'm not done pushing yet. I wish someone who has the PS4 version could check the top scores of the characters for me (and all of us). I find it hard to think someone's beaten this but who can say?

This play had just about everything possibly go right. No miss the first 3 stages, successful milks on a lot of bosses. The only real sticking point were some dumb deaths at Yashin's first phase. I still managed to get through all of Seytan on 1 life. Had I been less worried about death I could have milked more of Seytan's phase 2. Luckily her bombs end boss phases almost entirely so I could use them to get a few easy x8's.

Sonay has to work harder to get a lower score. I however have noticed that a couple boss' destructible bullets tend to be most plentiful in the opposite angle you are at (so 180 degrees from you). Since Sonay's familiar homes in on the nearest enemies to you, and since it always plants itself in front of the target, scoring technique means having to maneuver so that the familiar is getting the most bullets in that 180-degree angle. You can see me attempt this in Sonay's boss fight on stage 1, and mildly so on Seytan phase 2.

I think Sonay's upper limit might be 4 billion. It would require no-miss and some more aggressive, yet judicious milking of bosses.

Normal
Sonay
EmperorIng - 3,521,305,640 - ALL - PC - video

Last edited by EmperorIng on Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mero

Post by Mero »

Good stuff, my only experience with Sonay is my own score which I rattled off in a few attempts so be interesting to see how far you can go. Will check your video in a bit.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Let's keep this love fest going eh? Now time to unlock Ece's potential, and it's shaping up nicely. Died at the Lale st4 fight with some dumb deaths along the way. Even nicked the top spot on this topic from you :wink:

Normal
Ece
EmperorIng - 2,187,133,980 - 4 - PC - pic

Ece is trickier to use because of the awkwardness of aiming her familiar/laser (Lale has this problem as well). Almost all of my deaths come from being out of position due to moving to align my laser. The hurtbox of the laser is awkward as well - it does the most damage in the spark ball in the middle of the laser (between you and your familiar). It makes it harder to milk because things hitting the opposite side of your laser may not be damaged enough in time. Milking Sonay is particularly difficult.

However, because you can aim your laser away from bosses, some can be milked somewhat safely without having to worry about collateral damage. This is notably present on Selma's phase 2 and Lale's phase 2. I imagine that Yashin Demon's all-important phase 2 can be a pretty lucrative moment for Ece.

I expect to get the best score with this char in a day or so. There is literally no competition on the online leaderboards, unless there is a wellspring of scores on PS4 veiled from my eyes... By the way, has any other PS4 player checked the leaderboards lately? Inquiring minds want to know the top spots!
Mero

Post by Mero »

Yeah Ece is definitely the lowest scorer, it's a shame her laser isn't better for milking. I don't know what her top potential is but it's probably not that much. What's the score you want to beat?

I'd reccomend speed killing the midbosses to get coins off the extra waves that turn up instead. Ece can kill them really fast by holding the middle of her lazer on them.

When I played a few credits of Hard a few weeks ago I was getting about 10 million per cycle off Selma 2 but the point gain off some of them was pitiful so it might be worth speedkilling some of the main bosses as well.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

The current goal is 3 billion or more, which should be more than doable. I think Ece could potentially reach 4 billion. The top scores on Switch and PC do not break 3b (highest is 2.8 on PC). A half decent run will move past that in no time, considering what my pace was on stage 4.

I doubt Ece is worse for scoring than Lale, who cannot milk destructible bullets to save her life (that I know of so far).
Mero

Post by Mero »

2.8 should be beatable, I'd definitely check a video if you made one.

Yeah boss milking is pretty much off the menu for Lale (luckily she can do speedkills) but my reasoning was that she could probably score better in the stages (probably not stage 1), and Ece isn't that hot at milking herself.

Whenever I return to this I could try to push for a better normal score with Lale, what I've got now is nothing special.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

2.8 is small potatoes. 3 billion or bust (I think theoretically higher). I got a new pb this evening, died before reaching the final boss.

EDIT: got an even better, newer PB lol. Now I have the top score, and I didn't even get to the Ece fight, and this run had loads of mistakes. The question is no longer hitting 3 billion, it's hitting 4 billion.

Ece
EmperorIng - 2,950,783,210 - 5 - PC - pic

===

OLD POST:

Normal
Ece
EmperorIng - 2,520,177,860 - 5 - PC - pic

My current 'splits' are, based off a rough estimate with Ece:
st1: 500m
st2: 1 billion
st3: 1.7 billion
st4: 2.2 billion
st5: ??

In practice I am getting about 400 million before Ece's boss fight (rough estimate) on stage 5. With that in mind I can easily see myself jumping up a huge amount if I can get that 'one good run.'

Turns out Ece is great for milking Yashin Demon's phase 2 if you set up the laser diagonally. Because her laser can kill phases quickly, you have far more time to milk it without worrying about ghosts.
Likewise, she can easily and safely milk Lale phase 2 and Selma phase 2. Ece has some potential as a mid-range scorer.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

3 billion. No real score update because I want the clear. You can see how far I've come in a few days. This is the wild west of scoring; no one uses this character seriously.
Spoiler
Last edited by EmperorIng on Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mero

Post by Mero »

Good improvement, how much do you get out of Yashin and Seytan in practice?
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

I actually need to do some more practice with both Yashin fights, but it's at least several hundred million if I'm not dying all over the place.

To be honest milking Yashin phase 1 doesn't seem like it's worth it. Since Ece can't get all of the destructible bullets, the ones she can get are only worth maybe 1 million (or 2) at most. This is a similar conundrum with Nur's phase 3, which yields about 2 million per cycle.

This is actually where I've been thinking of a new tactic: Most of the time you try to milk bosses for as long as possible. However, if you kill bosses before the time is up, you get a time bonus! This bonus can be in the 10s of millions of points iirc. This occurred to me when I accidentally killed Nur too early. So with that being said, instead of milking all bosses ad infinitum, I'll focus on the ones that can be taken advantage of (Sonay phase 3: 10m per cycle; Selma phase 2, Lale phase 2, etc.) and try to speed kill the others.

The only thing I wonder about is that does the time bonus for Ece matter? Usually you get a time bonus at the end of the stage, but I don't know if Ece's fight contributes in any way meaningfully when Yashin is the final boss (and you're going into overtime with him. It might only be Nur where this is worth it then. You also have to balance it out with your end of stage coin bonus. But it is something to experiment with, and that's exciting!
Mero

Post by Mero »

The time bonus definitely includes the remaining time from the Ece fight, in my 6 billion Nur video I get 500k time bonus (half a second lol). That's definitely from Ece because I went well into overtime on Yashin and Seytan.

And yeah I think it would be better to speedkill some bosses than milking them, on my Hard Lale run I was getting about 30 million time bonus per stage (95 million on stage 5).
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Thanks to you I've hit some new PB's on stage 3 utilizing the time bonus. My current best with Ece has climbed to 3.3 billion, in which I choked at the very beginning of Yashin Demon phase 2 (mere coins away from an extend). I think on a good run I can get myself easily to 4 billion, but getting that good run has been a week-long exercise in frustration, lol. My absolute best going into stage 4 with Ece is 1.9 billion... sooo close to starting 4 with 2b!

Speaking of Lale, I watched Mishi's stream on twitch last night and (as far as I can tell) he was the first player to break 3 billion points with Lale on Normal with a great 1cc. Really interesting to see some more 'high level play' with her since her scoring options are so limited.

That's 5 characters where western players have the highest scores. 8) Maybe 6; I don't know much about Selma's top scores.
I technically have the 'world record' with Ece on Normal but I am still going for the clear to make it nice and clean.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Finally got the clear! But... can I be satisfied without a 4 billion score? That's the next task. :P
My first-ever clear with Ece is also the highest-known score with her to date. Not bad, eh?

Had I not made a few boneheaded mistakes and got unlucky on stage 2/3, I would have easily broken through the 4b mark. Little bits and pieces all count in the end! Milking Yashin Demon phase 2 was soooo easy. Had I not gotten nervous and chickened out, I could see that being the real money-maker for Ece. I didn't bother with the other Yashin fight, or even much of Ece, hoping to pad out my time bonus in those cases. I probably could have been more aggressive for a few extra million.

The only real shame is that I don't see how Ece can get all the enemies onscreen with her familiar in some of the stages, like 4 and 5. It seems inevitable that she'll 'miss' points and not get them. Too bad...

Normal

Ece
EmperorIng - 3,894,189,460 - All - PC - video

Mero

Post by Mero »

Congrats, very good! I wasn't sure if 4b was going to be possible but looks like it is! I'll check your video in a bit.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Well I can happily say that 4 billion is more than possible... It's already been done! And I managed to record it too! Have a healthy dose of apparent world record Ece-play. 8)

This run was practically perfect. Getting early gains is important, especially on stage 1 (the hardest stage to score well in) and Selma's phase 2. The Yashin milk went about as well as I could have possibly hoped for. You can probably push Ece's score higher but it would take a lot of optimization plus maybe getting lucky with ghosts.

Normal
Ece
EmperorIng - 4,145,972,020 - All - PC - video

Mero

Post by Mero »

Congrats once again!

If those other scores are any indication I'd say you're definitely the first to get that high, even my own crappy score would be in the top 5.

Will check your video a bit later.
Mishi

Post by Mishi »

Hello, I figured I might as well finally pop in the forum to post some stuff, since I've been lurking some stuff and grinding these games anyways.

Normal
Ode
Mishi - 6,192,351,840 - All - Switch - https://imgur.com/tsjdyTF https://youtu.be/_m9rCYm06Zg

Hard
Ode
Mishi - 6,725,632,390 - All - Switch - https://imgur.com/hfr11eA

Normal
Lale
Mishi - 3,058,718,950 - All - Switch - https://imgur.com/j3WsCQI

Hard
Lale
Mishi - 4,416,424,770 - All - Switch - https://imgur.com/fCPy5iA
Play Guilty Gear
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Hot damn, finally. Welcome aboard... the board man. Those Ode runs are awesome, as is that really clutch 3 billion run with Lale. It was a pleasure seeing that one live. It was really interesting to see you aim the familiar down (when possible) to get those x8 kills on enemies and maximize your coin collection.
Mero

Post by Mero »

Mishi wrote:Hello, I figured I might as well finally pop in the forum to post some stuff, since I've been lurking some stuff and grinding these games anyways.

Normal
Ode
Mishi - 6,192,351,840 - All - Switch - https://imgur.com/tsjdyTF https://youtu.be/_m9rCYm06Zg

Hard
Ode
Mishi - 6,725,632,390 - All - Switch - https://imgur.com/hfr11eA

Normal
Lale
Mishi - 3,058,718,950 - All - Switch - https://imgur.com/j3WsCQI

Hard
Lale
Mishi - 4,416,424,770 - All - Switch - https://imgur.com/fCPy5iA
Good scores, already checked your vid.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Next stop on the Sisters world tour :twisted:

Normal
Selma
EmperorIng - 2,852,619,050 - 4 - PC - image

Died at the Lale fight. The milk with Selma is hard to do here. The goal for this 1cc is 5 billion, ultimately. Getting 3b by stage 4 boss is a good start; I wonder if it can happen sooner...

Mero

Post by Mero »

In theory she should have next best milking potential after Nur, though her blades are so powerful it might be hard to avoid killing bosses too early?

Anyway, when I return to this ( not for a while yet) what I'd like to do is try to get some better normal scores for characters that aren't Nur, all of the ones I posted in this thread are just what I got when I cleared with them for the first time.
Mishi

Post by Mishi »

So I picked up the steam version. I had to force my nvidia settings for 60 fps on the game for it to have the proper bullet speed which is a slight oversight, but hopefully they patch it out soon. It feels great not dealing with the chug on the switch version. I do need to get used to it though, since I lost at the very end of an Ode run not being used to my post bomb invul time without the hardware chug.

Chew on this for now Ing! Went into stage 5 unpracticed, so lots of bombs, bad milks, and lost opportunities, but a clear nonetheless.
Normal
Selma
Mishi - 4,247,245,580 - All - PC - https://imgur.com/XvBN747
Play Guilty Gear
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Mishi wrote: Chew on this for now Ing!
Spoiler
Nice job man, you're getting close to the goal! Time to practice that stage 5, eh?

EDIT: A new PB for myself as well. First time making it to stage 5, and despite some dumb deaths I got a pretty rock solid strategy for milking Lale's phase 2. Just need to get a bit more practice for stage 5 I suppose.

In my practice attempts, I was getting 900 million from stage 4, and about 800 million by the Ece fight (haven't gone through on one credit there yet). So 1.7 billion... All you need to do is squeeze that last 1 billion out somewhere.

Normal
Selma
EmperorIng - 3,254,571,080 - 5 - PC - image

EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Big jump one day later, perfecting my Selma skillz. More optimization with Lale phase 2, as well as just plain getting lucky with ghosts once overtime hit. Sadly my nerves got the better of my with Ece and died during the opener of Yashin.

Still, 4 billion! Not too far away from that goal of 5 billion, considering that I hit this right at the start of Yashin's boss fight. However, I realize that the real road to the 5b milestone is going to be through optimizing the heck out of stages 1-3, to make up some extra points. My best score (just now) at the end of stage 3 was 2.499 billion. Getting as close to 3 as possible before stage 4 starts would be optimal.

I feel like stage 3's fairies should be saved as opposed to collected immediately. With the first I think it ideal to save it for when you can get a lot of the tree demons. The second one is hard to save because of that spread + windmills, but ideally you want to catch enough of the birds plus the trees hiding behind the double windmills at the end of the stage.

Normal
Selma
EmperorIng - 4,103,309,480 - 5 - PC - image

EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Finally clinched that 1cc! But can I be really happy with a score so close to breaking the 5b mark?

However, I am happy that this can finally replace my score on the Overall Normal board. I wanted to break up the Nur monopoly that most of the top spots have. Makes the game feel a little more vibrant, eh?

Normal
Selma
EmperorIng - 4,865,764,010 - All - PC - video

This run has so many stupid deaths, dumb bullet collisions, missed opportunities... it's a wonder I cleared. That being said, I had a decent go of Yashin Demon's milk. Had I been playing more skillfully, I would have easily broken the ceiling tonight. As it stands, i'm pretty happy with the score (for now). Selma is pretty good with stages, overall; though some of these boss milks are tricky. But I guess not all that much trickier than Nur's milking abilities.

Mero

Post by Mero »

Nice, looking at your stats 5 billion could be exceeded by quite a bit, will check your video later.
Mishi

Post by Mishi »

I hit my 5 billion goal with her. It could have been much better and I expect this to be beaten, but I'm satisfied enough shattering the shackles Selma put on me.

Normal
Selma
Mishi - 5,053,372,840 - All - PC - https://i.imgur.com/m2Pj82X.png
Play Guilty Gear
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

OHHH SHIT HE DID IT! I saw you briefly streaming earlier today but could not stay long. I figured you'd reach it today.

Congrats man, that's a big leap up! You come up with any fancy tricks for Yashin Demon or did you play it safe there?
Mishi

Post by Mishi »

Fairly safe to reach the goal. I made some hefty mistakes and honestly had that feeling of throwing the run in the trash after the Lale fight, and I think it can easily be improved still even without the major slips. I'll upload the replay though, since I'm probably gonna give her a break for now though and move my focus on that Shiki 2 score now.
Play Guilty Gear