Saidaioujou Xbox 360

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Horst Pommel

Saidaioujou Xbox 360

Post by Horst Pommel »

Hello everyone,

I play Saidaioujou from time to time on my xbox 360 and I'm using a CRT-TV. So input lag is not really an issue. (as long is I have my old TV) Don' t really feel it when dodging stuff.

From what I understand you might feel it if you've played the PCB, which I haven't. Sure you can fly left, press start, let go of the stick, press start again and the ship still flies a tiny bit. But really not that much.

So I was wondering... did cave improve the lag issue with the patch or is it absolutely the same? I've heard different opinions on this so far. Has somebody actally messured it before and after the patch? Did Cave tell us any about this? Did someone who has more experience than me realize anything?

The reason why I'm asking: Some day, all the title updates could be gone... and data gets corrupted on hard drives. :-S

Anyway, have a nice day folks. :)
jandrogo

Re: Saidaioujou Xbox 360

Post by jandrogo »

How to know if the game has been patched?
Working in the japanese language achievement
Horst Pommel

Post by Horst Pommel »

jandrogo wrote:How to know if the game has been patched?
The game should be version 1.01.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

The patch did not address anything about the input lag.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Horst Pommel

Post by Horst Pommel »

trap15 wrote:The patch did not address anything about the input lag.
Thx for the fast reply. :)
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Specifically, the main thing the patch fixes is a bug where turning on the score and input displays produces way more ingame slowdown than normal, allowing you to make the game far easier than enabling them.
prophetic

Post by prophetic »

If you check the Google translate of this video's description, make sure you also play in standard def. "Processing omissions" = lag.
★ About the specifications of 360 version

◆ Processing omission changes depending on the resolution of the main unit I will. I'm playing at the lowest resolution of 640x480, which has the least amount of processing omissions.

◆ It seems that processing omissions will increase for some reason in replay playback mode. The game speed is faster in actual play.

◆ To prove that you are not using the replay postscript function (I don't know if it will be), I play in scorer mode and upload the replay. At that time, the text color of "RANK" seems to be yellow-red.
Kobayashi

Post by Kobayashi »

Saidaioujou has hit insane prices on ebay. Check [this]
It's time for Cave to release it to Steam!
Horst Pommel

Post by Horst Pommel »

Kobayashi wrote:Saidaioujou has hit insane prices on ebay. Check [this]
I hate steam. :evil: (Just to clarify, not the people who use it, just the platform in general.)

But I wouldn't mind to buy the game again on a drm free platform.
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

Geeze, what happened to the prices? When I bought the regular edition in Japan last year it was Y7400 and now it's going for at least twice that.
chempop

Post by chempop »

Ms. Tea wrote: Geeze, what happened to the prices? When I bought the regular edition in Japan last year it was Y7400 and now it's going for at least twice that.
It's called shelf queens, collectards, and people who think reselling games for profit is a career.

Some will just say supply and demand, but it's more idiotic than that.
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

You should all know this game by now. Prices only go up for this kind of shit.
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

Yeah totally, but I feel like it's usually more gradual than this. This is a hell of a spike for a single year. Did something get the resellers all snapping it up at once?
prophetic

Post by prophetic »

Ms. Tea wrote:Yeah totally, but I feel like it's usually more gradual than this. This is a hell of a spike for a single year. Did something get the resellers all snapping it up at once?
COVID has made laptop reselling (specifically Thinkpads) more expensive for buyers. Maybe something similar for collectible games?

Or, is there a realization that Saidaioujou is not coming to console again due to the EXA version?
pablumatic

Post by pablumatic »

Ms. Tea wrote:Yeah totally, but I feel like it's usually more gradual than this. This is a hell of a spike for a single year. Did something get the resellers all snapping it up at once?
prophetic wrote: COVID has made laptop reselling (specifically Thinkpads) more expensive for buyers. Maybe something similar for collectible games?

Or, is there a realization that Saidaioujou is not coming to console again due to the EXA version?
Retro game prices spiked this year due to COVID. Its boggles my mind how since this is an economic downturn, but it happened. 360 games aren't retro, but apparently everything video game related and rare jumped in price.
Dawn111

Post by Dawn111 »

I really wanted to play this game, but the price is ridiculously high. $200 for a game, and $330 for the limited edition. I might as well buy a new game console.
"You don't have to believe in yourself, because I believe in you." - Drax the Destroyer
https://youtube.com/DawnHibiki
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

If you set up a Japanese 360 account, you can buy this with Japanese MS Points, and it'll play on your US system. I know it's not physical but if you really want it that is one way to go. Though deals happen too, I managed to get a copy of this for like 70 or 75 bucks a couple months ago just by watching for the right auction.
buggle

Post by buggle »

it is emulatable through xenia though obviously thats not kosher so if you wanted to go that route youd be on your own.

xenia also requires a lot of computing power to run at good speeds so it may not be a good option if youre on a budget pc like i am
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

Did Angry Video Game Turd or Butt Sack do a video on it?
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

Johnpv wrote:If you set up a Japanese 360 account, you can buy this with Japanese MS Points, and it'll play on your US system. I know it's not physical but if you really want it that is one way to go. Though deals happen too, I managed to get a copy of this for like 70 or 75 bucks a couple months ago just by watching for the right auction.
This. I always laugh when ppl bring up SDOJ's physical price as if there were no other means to buy the game.

Also, it's likely that the Exa deal killed any short-term SDOJ port to PC/consoles.
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

Thanks Exa.

I will continue to treasure my 360 copy regardless of what people say about the input lag.

Maybe I'll sell it for a neat profit once the inevitable crack becomes available.
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

Oniros wrote:
Johnpv wrote:If you set up a Japanese 360 account, you can buy this with Japanese MS Points, and it'll play on your US system. I know it's not physical but if you really want it that is one way to go. Though deals happen too, I managed to get a copy of this for like 70 or 75 bucks a couple months ago just by watching for the right auction.
This. I always laugh when ppl bring up SDOJ's physical price as if there were no other means to buy the game.

Also, it's likely that the Exa deal killed any short-term SDOJ port to PC/consoles.
...Huh. I never would have guessed the game is worth that much.
Matsunaga

Post by Matsunaga »

Those prices are crazy, and it’s my least favorite of the series.. I actually forgot that I even owned it, looked through my 360 games after seeing this thread, and there it was. Maybe I should sell it..
leodash

Post by leodash »

I saw someone selling cheap SDOJ disc but it says something like 'only for Jtag Xbox 360/modified set'. I don't know what that means I don't have Xbox 360. Is that a legit disc?
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

No. He's selling a burned copy that only runs on a modded system.
BloodHawk

Post by BloodHawk »

buggle wrote:it is emulatable through xenia though obviously thats not kosher so if you wanted to go that route youd be on your own.

xenia also requires a lot of computing power to run at good speeds so it may not be a good option if youre on a budget pc like i am

I purchased SDOJ digitally a couple years ago but haven't played much of it since I rarely boot up the X360 anymore. However, I recently copied the game's files over to my PC and it actually runs great on Xenia with my old i5-4670K CPU. I think it's because it's mostly a 2D game, as ones with a lot of 3D graphics constantly crash as I assume my older system just can't keep up.

Anyway, the point of my post is that if you have a mediocre CPU you can still legally purchase SDOJ digitally off the Japanese Marketplace for around $30 and have the convenience of easily launching/playing it on PC. Also, if the game ever goes fully extinct and is deleted from the Xbox servers you will still have a working backup to copy from.