Little things that annoy the hell out of you

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Marc

Re: Little things that annoy the hell out of you

Post by Marc »

It feels kind of churlish after COVID problems, but at the moment.... PS4 folders.

I LOVE that they exist. I HATE trying to put my games into them.

Of course Contra Collection goes into the R2RKMF folder, but if that does, so should Castlevania Collection, really. But then, where does the Rondo/SOTN comp go, in the R2RKMF folder, or the Arcade Adventure folder (I refuse to use the MV term....when I were a lad, 2D side-on games with large, gated maps were Arcade Adventures, and that's what they'll remain :D )? The Castlevania games should stay together, but then I'll know that one of them isn't in the right folder. Does Dark Souls go in the Adventure / RPG folder? It's it really, far closer to something like Resi 4 than Persona 5? But Resi 4 is in my FPS / TPS folder? What do I call Toki as?

About the only folder that doesn't bother me in some way is Racing, that's pretty easy.
Even the Arcade Archives folder bugs me, as I have the version of Metal Slug 3 that existed before the AA series, so the tile for it sticks out like a sore thumb.

And don't get me started on the Arcade Archives folder, where they inexplicably changed those tiles after the first two dozen or so games, so they look stupid if I put them in alphabetical order the way I'd like.

This isn't a joke by the way, these things play on my mind every goddamn time I boot up the machine. This pandemic is sending me around the twist.

It makes my head hurt.
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Believe me, I sympathize. I'm super OCD with the arrangement of my game collection on PC as well.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
vol.2

Post by vol.2 »

Mischief Maker wrote:I'm super OCD with the arrangement of my game collection on PC as well.

I prefixed all of the categories in my Steam account with a number so that I can control the sorting in a way that's meaningful to me. IE "1 Action," "2 90's FPS," etc, etc.
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

Being bipolar and hating yourself.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

The gaming press and AAA sequels. Every sequel is automatically going to get high marks (because the entire relationship between press and devs is corrupt and broken), but what really bugs me is reading all the things the last installment of the series "did wrong" and discovering the same publication didn't point out any of those issues when they reviewed the previous game.

If it was a problem, you should have mentioned it when you reviewed the fucking game. Otherwise, you're just announcing that your last review was a failure and your new review is probably (also) bad. Weak as water.
We apologise for the inconvenience
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Steamflogger Boss wrote:Being bipolar and hating yourself.
*hugs Boss*
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
BIL

Post by BIL »

Marc wrote:Of course Contra Collection goes into the R2RKMF folder, but if that does, so should Castlevania Collection, really. But then, where does the Rondo/SOTN comp go, in the R2RKMF folder, or the Arcade Adventure folder (I refuse to use the MV term....when I were a lad, 2D side-on games with large, gated maps were Arcade Adventures, and that's what they'll remain :D )?
Here how I do Image SIX FOLDERS THATS IT (■`W´■)

Spoiler

OFC idiosyncrasy is king, fuck do u expect, THIS MY SHIT after all (■`ω´■)

Spoiler

Eagerly awaiting M2's PSYCHONICS OSCAR so I can file it in R2R_80s Image

A lot simpler with old consoles where it's alphabetic order, end of. ALIEN SOLDIER would look great next to buff beast bro antecedent ALTERED BEAST but that can never be, because my copy says JUU OU KI Image

Though that requires shelves, potentially several. Kinda liking the convenience, TBH. And with PS4/Switch onward, IDGAF about the physical aspect, since [A] so much great stuff is digital-only, and probably wouldn't exist otherwise (pass up on Saigo and Dangun, my fuckin ass) and I don't get a boner for discs the way I do carts n' boxes.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

I just sort alphabetically. Sorry, I'm boring like that. lol

(Also tossing all of the non-game shite into a folder called "Tools" or "Stuff" etc. is a pro gamer move).
BIL

Post by BIL »

Marc

Post by Marc »

Sorry, BIL, those folders make my head hurt and my eyes bleed :shock:
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Watching GPU manufacturers spend five years pushing two dueling proprietary solutions to the same problem.

3d graphics API battles... Variable refresh protocol battles... Ray tracing API battles...

Here comes the dumbshit ray tracing battle. No matter what, gamers lose. No doubt, Nvidia and AMD will pay large devs for exclusive support. Meanwhile, independent studios are stuck with even more work.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Trying to get a bunch of photos from an iphone onto my pc.
Like seriously? Why is it so hard.

I mean.. I refuse to install apple programs on muh box, so that might have something to do with it.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
BIL

Post by BIL »

Marc wrote:Sorry, BIL, those folders make my head hurt and my eyes bleed :shock:
Witness muh lack of mental fitness in real time, Marc me ol chum :cool:

1] NEW SHIT DETECTED 21/11/20
Spoiler

2] MAZE_CHASE / ISOMETRIC = R2R_ADJACENT = AC+
Spoiler

3] ITS NOT ROCKET SCEINCE FFS
Spoiler
Image[/url]

4] SPERG RUSH Image
Spoiler

Whaddaya think Marc? Marc? OH JESUS FUCK NO

I swear Ossifer I only meant 2 make his head hurt a bit (;`ω´;) (`ω´メ) ur fuct sonneh
As a joke, liek (;`ω´;) (`ω´メ) only joke here is u paid money for Haunted Castle ya wee fookin gobshite
null1024

Post by null1024 »

Forums that complain about necroposting.
It's so refreshing being here, where I've seen replies 10 years apart, and then the guy being replied to comes back in the thread like it never died.
Turns out, topics can still be relevant a decade [or more!] later, and the original poster of a thread can still be around and interested in a response.
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
vol.2

Post by vol.2 »

null1024 wrote:Forums that complain about necroposting.
I really think that's the stupidist shit. IF there is a good thread for something, why make another one? Why go make everyone hunt multiple threads over time to find relevant information!

Constantly irritated when I see that.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Coof masks with HILARIOUS designs.

Cackling old crone in line at the bank yesterday, with a huge lolling cartoon tongue w/saliva on hers. Wanted to do my best Budd Dwyer right then and there. >_<

...what am I saying about this poor woman. :O I'm sure she was alright, just not the time/place, y'know.

Hey, how about one with a massive cock ramming in balls-deep? That'd be hilarious! ...oh shit. How about an Alien-themed one, with a Facehugger doing its face-fucking thing? You'd need some finesse, to convey what was going on, but I think it could work, and would certainly brighten everybody's Saturday afternoon standing in line like assholes outside Lloyd's.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

BIL wrote:Coof masks with HILARIOUS designs.
The only approved coof mask : https://www.google.com/search?q=ahegao+mask&tbm=isch
WelshMegalodon

Post by WelshMegalodon »

As we all know, Flash Player will be removed from all browsers by next year. This means that parts of the Arcade Monitor Modeline Howto, one of the most accessible introductions to arcade monitor tech I've ever seen, will no longer be viewable.

What would be the best way to ensure that this resource remains accessible in its entirety?
Indie hipsters: "Arcades are so dead"
Finite Continues? Ain't that some shit.
RBelmont wrote:A little math shows that if you overclock a Pi3 to about 3.4 GHz you'll start to be competitive with PCs from 2002. And you'll also set your house on fire
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Speedrun streamers.

I want to watch an impressive WR of something? they're either an unbelievably arrogant pseudo-celebrity with a weird cult following...
.. or someone who just sits there whining about RNG. Constant complaints, doesn't sound like they enjoy the game at all.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

- Webshops running Black Friday offers

- Offers end on Thursday

- All the prices are just their regular "on sale" prices that are true for 95-100% of the time.

-_-
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

having to reset password to login
BIL

Post by BIL »

Hey, good to see you! :smile: Hope you're doing ok, never a sure things these days. :sad:
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

Yes BIL, always good to see you around!

Cant complain too much, doing OK considering. Just started another 28 day lockdown here, huzzah

Figured I would come see how the shump crew were doing. Happy to see a lot of familiar faces
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

jonny5 wrote:having to reset password to login
Hello, stranger. :P
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

When software vendors replace local applications with cloud applications and force software as a service where it doesn't belong.

This particular vendor that's biting my ass this week used flash until last week!
Now, they are rolling a beta rushed HTML5 replacement to paying customers. Fuckers! How could they have possibly waited this long?
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

emphatic wrote:
jonny5 wrote:having to reset password to login
Hello, stranger. :P
Heyyyyyyyyy
Marc

Post by Marc »

Records that don't come with properly cut centre hole and need widening before they'll sit on the spindle correctly.
Only happens once in a blue moon, but I've had three in the last few months and it's infuriating.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

They never fit on my spindle either.

:lol:
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Inconsistent sprite mirroring. I get that for a top-down RPGs and action games it was common to mirror the left/right walking sprites instead of redrawing them. The original Legend of Zelda did this. However, the NES version of Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar uses super inconsistent mirroring in its sprites.

Specifically, sprites where the character is holding a rod or staff in their hand are lazily drawn, and the hand they're holding it changes when they move up and down! Druids, Mages, and Shepherds all hold something in their right hand when looking downwards, but the hand they hold it in shifts to their left when moving upwards, as if they couldn't be bothered to mirror the upward facing sprite. It looks really awkward at times. Also, none of them show they're holding anything in their left right movement, and there's exactly one NPC sprite that does correctly mirror what they're holding in the Up vs Down sprite, the fighter holding the spear and shield, who always holds the spear in their right hand and the shield in their left (aside from when moving left or right).
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Games that leave things out of their options menu until after a new mechanic is introduced to avoid "spoilers."

Motherfuckers, I know there's a Batmobile in this game, it's been like 90% of the advertising campaign. Let me switch "battle mode" to a toggle!

Assholes, I know that I'm going to be playing Dante in this Devil May Cry game.

etc.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"