Shameful gaming confessions

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
XoPachi

Re: Shameful gaming confessions

Post by XoPachi »

I play Genshin Impact.

a

lot
BIL

Post by BIL »

I don't know what that is. Sounds like hard gay muscle action. Is it like Lords of the Locker Room feat. Billy-sama?
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

BIL wrote: Sounds like hard gay muscle action.
Unfortunately not, it's more like succulent teenage weaboo bussy.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
BIL

Post by BIL »

Ah, pussy boys in need of a stiff pounding, a sadly familiar tale in this gaming era. (■`ω´■)

^^^ upcoming Aria of Sorrow remake White-Haired Puccy Boi Gets Pounded By Buff Vampire Man In The Moonlight (■`W´■)
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

Blinge wrote:Super Metroid wasn't fun. It was a total chore. :lol:

I may have posted the exact same thing in this thread but i'm not about to go digging.
Thank god I'm not alone, SM is just odd to me either.
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

BIL wrote:I don't know what that is. Sounds like hard gay muscle action. Is it like Lords of the Locker Room feat. Billy-sama?
It's a free open world gacha with terribly bland weeb characters that for some reason I cannot stop playing.
Well I know why. I like stat building in games and the combat is fun as fuck. But it's an open world game AND a gacha so I'm stunned I play it at all.
kitten

Post by kitten »

BIL wrote:Ah, pussy boys in need of a stiff pounding, a sadly familiar tale in this gaming era. (■`ω´■)

^^^ upcoming Aria of Sorrow remake White-Haired Puccy Boi Gets Pounded By Buff Vampire Man In The Moonlight (■`W´■)
~Imagination and memory are but one thing, which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
Image | Image
~*~*~*~*~*~* If there's a place that I could be ~ Then I'd be another memory *~*~*~*~*~*~
BIL

Post by BIL »

Close, but aykshually Image:

The Theme Of MAOAM Image
"MAOAM - Fruit That Nails Your Ass To The Sheets"
kitten

Post by kitten »

holy shit i'd somehow never seen this one :shock:
~Imagination and memory are but one thing, which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
Image | Image
~*~*~*~*~*~* If there's a place that I could be ~ Then I'd be another memory *~*~*~*~*~*~
BIL

Post by BIL »

Known to menace the strait-laced shores of Cuck Island, having compromised at least one marriage. :cool:
Simon Simpkins wrote:LOCKED IN A CARNAL ENCOUNTER
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

kitten wrote:bussi
Holy shit i'm fucking corpsed ahahahah

Also playing that WASP song while looking at the maoam picture has me in tears. holy shit, lime is such a slut.
null1024

Post by null1024 »

I almost forgot there were any male characters in Genshin, because I haven't rolled a single one. :lol:
Badass kung-fu old man never ever.

also, I have played a shameful amount of it too :oops:
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

null1024 wrote:I almost forgot there were any male characters in Genshin, because I haven't rolled a single one. :lol:
Badass kung-fu old man never ever.

also, I have played a shameful amount of it too :oops:
My literal first roll when I started was Diluc. I thought he was a 3 star because of how they just threw him at me.
Turns out...he's the best fucking character in the game.
Dawn111

Post by Dawn111 »

I almost got into 2,000 hours for Skullgirls in my Steam profile. It's the game that I've played the most in my life, and I even posted my review of it.
"You don't have to believe in yourself, because I believe in you." - Drax the Destroyer
https://youtube.com/DawnHibiki
Marc

Post by Marc »

I dunno about shameful, but….

I still play the C64 port of Enduro Racer every now and again. It’s actually broken as a game (if you’re going slow enough, you can go over the same jump twice), and possibly one of the worst arcade conversions ever, but it gives me the fuzzies to play, and it’s worth booting up for the soundtrack alone. It’s a terrible, terrible video game, but there you go. See also Caverns of Kafkha.

I’ve spent an ungodly amount of time on Street Fighter 1 over the years. Again, it’s definitely a nostalgia thing. The coin-op was, for a while, turned up full blast, literally the loudest thing in our local arcade and used to draw quite the crowd. I love the art style, it’s a bit sloppy, and almost child-like in comparison to SF2, and the soundtrack is great. I don’t think it’s a terrible game, it’s certainly only half-formed, but the frame work of everything that would make SF2 such a landmark is already there, just completely unrefined.
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
WelshMegalodon

Post by WelshMegalodon »

As someone that has 1CCed the original Street Fighter, I wholeheartedly agree. The soundtrack is fantastic and the mechanics work more than most people might think, although it's still funny how opponents can insta-kill themselves by walking into your Shoryuken.

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if characters like Birdie had the speed and damage output they had here carried into subsequent titles. Birdie would have been fun to play in SFIV.

How far can you realistically get without using special moves? I don't think Gen and Adon are possible to beat without them.
Indie hipsters: "Arcades are so dead"
Finite Continues? Ain't that some shit.
RBelmont wrote:A little math shows that if you overclock a Pi3 to about 3.4 GHz you'll start to be competitive with PCs from 2002. And you'll also set your house on fire
Marc

Post by Marc »

Gen is definitely the first opponent where if I'm struggling to pull of specials, I'm dead.
Never gotten the 1CC, made it to Sagat, but he messes me up every time.
Incidentally, the one time on this game I could pull off specials 100% of the time was on the PSP collection, terrible Dpad and all. Buggered if I can get the dragon punch off on PS4.
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

Marc wrote:Gen is definitely the first opponent where if I'm struggling to pull of specials, I'm dead.
Wait, that game contains some means to not struggle at pulling off specials?
Marc

Post by Marc »

Honestly, the fireball and whirlwind kick are pretty consistent, but I'm buggered if I can get the dragon out.
It's weird though, I use a full half-circle with a button press at the start and end of the movement, works 99% of the time. I can get it to work with the normal SF2 inputs, but it's a lot less reliable, at least in my hands.
It's a janky game no denying it, but there's a certain charm in how full-on it is. The only strategy amounts to throw specials as fast as possible and hope you don't get cornered ha.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

I'm really getting into Heroes of Hammerwatch, a modern gauntlet-clone roguelite whose main hook is the unlock cancer in rebuilding the main town between playthroughs, a mechanic I normally loathe in other games.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
WelshMegalodon

Post by WelshMegalodon »

Sengoku Strider wrote:Wait, that game contains some means to not struggle at pulling off specials?
Well, if you're playing the PC Engine port, there is an 'easy specials' mode accessed by entering '.SD' as your initials and pressing a specific button combination at the title screen. But that mode also takes you to the hidden stage select and gives you seven credits, so it's more of a playtesting feature than anything else.

The Shoryuken can be pulled off with some regularity. It just takes a bit of trial-and-error and maybe a little button-mashing.
Indie hipsters: "Arcades are so dead"
Finite Continues? Ain't that some shit.
RBelmont wrote:A little math shows that if you overclock a Pi3 to about 3.4 GHz you'll start to be competitive with PCs from 2002. And you'll also set your house on fire
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

I've 100% Sonic 06.
All the Soleanna medals.
All S Rank for all characters.
All the Tag missions.

All of it. I finished *all* of it.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

I really enjoy Hexen on N64

*dodges tomatoes*
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

I started hexen on PC when I was 15, got lost, and never progressed further than that.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

XoPachi wrote:I've 100% Sonic 06.
All the Soleanna medals.
All the Tag missions.

You absolute nutter.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Sonic 06 is still a much more enjoyable game than Adventure 2.
That isn't saying much though. :P

But even for as broken as it is, I was still able to have some fun with it.
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

Haaaard disagree.
Blinge wrote:
XoPachi wrote:I've 100% Sonic 06.
All the Soleanna medals.
All the Tag missions.

You absolute nutter.
I don't know why. I just liked it at the time and I was playing the 360 version so it was less broken than playing the PS3 port. And I'm a massive completionist. There's games I hate even more that I've still finished completely. I don't know why I do it. I just do.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Burinju : so far I haven't got stuck much(checked a FAQ twice and it was dumb mistakes on my part), which is probably why I'm enjoying my time with the game so much. Have I passed in front of a switch or two, or not finding the newly-opened door (which is VERY easy to do) and started going in circles and swearing, yeah it wouldn't have been a good time at all. this is a pretty confusing one in that regard so I think the likelyhood of that happening in this game is high. but I'm on fire right now with mah maze-searching skillz.

I'm getting way more than my $15 of entertainment with this one. I just spent a day and a half and just reach level 3. and there's 5 of them. pretty big game actually, I'm surprised...

I'm really liking playing this game, i'm in the right mood for it which helps. The big downside is that high-skill combat is quasi-impossible to master because of the lack of tight circle-strafing (on N64 I mean). so combat mastery is an objective that's out the window here. combat is pretty much just healing management, although there's still a bit of strategy.

so it's a dark medieval adventure game with basic combat basically. with graphics and music that I dig. and you know what I really enjoy that experience. now let's see if the puzzles/switch finding/newly-opened-doors finding get annoying in later levels...
Last edited by FinalBaton on Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
BIL

Post by BIL »

It's been forever since my one playthrough (circa 1999), but I recall Hexen actually being a lot more obscure/assholic in its earliest going, before becoming considerably more straightforward later on.

That one hub courtyard with the autumnal fallen leaves and bare trees is kinda burned into my brain. :lol: I recall some very cool locales later on, with a more compelling sense of being "outside" than the DOOM engine norm. Making me want to give it another go tbh.

Hexen II is pretty much all obscure secret-finding from start to finish. IIRC the manual even dissuades the player from systemic wall-humping (UNF UNF UNF >_<;) in favour of careful observation. I thought it mostly made good on its conceit. Some rad "imma b KVLT and DESECRATE UR ALTAR - oh nice, a tunnel behind the stained-glass window! oh FML spiders are pouring out" eureka moments.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

yeah the hall you mention (''7 portals'' which is level 2) is VERY labyrintine, Birru. It is tough to find all switches and newly-opened doors and what to do. took me awhile to undrstand how it's all laid out but once you figure out that it's just a hub with 6 of the portals leading to the same 3 sub-stages of level 2(guardian of ice, guardian of steel, guardian of fire) and NOT teleporting you to say level 3 and level 4, then it starts to make sense.

for sure I would have given up cracking that level back then, but I'm better at it now and I'm in the right mood for it hich sure helps

so far I really like the music(good atmosphere although no DOOM 64) and the visuals, some cool grim and kvlt locales (although the Darkmere swamps are too barren I find. but love the rest)

I'm probably extra into it because : 1 - dark fantasy setting in DOOM engine just makes my boner 'splode. i'm gonna dig the everliving shit out of it even if the gameplay/design is a little bit crummy. 2 - i finally just got a controller for my 64 so it's my first time enjoying my console(although I played plenty of it at friends' house back then). I have it hooked up to a big PVM monitor and nice sound system. It looks and sound really great. it's so satysfying to me to get a old moody fps like that on console outputting at beautiful low res progressive scan on a big standard def crt. I'm definitely picking up DOOM 64 for that reason.
Last edited by FinalBaton on Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-FM Synth & Black Metal-