Psikyo games coming to Steam

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
BIL

Re: Psikyo games coming to Steam

Post by BIL »

dmk1198 wrote:
BIL wrote:Sadly, this seems to have been the story of Strikers 1945 II ports, ever since the PS2 comp recycled the PS1 port. :| The Greatest Generation (aka M2 & Gotch) would never behave so shitbirdly. :evil:
What games has gotch done please
Lots of earlier ACA stuff - their Contra is still the game's only emulation, official or otherwise, to correctly reproduce the PCB's rolling mine behaviour. Even M2's Anniversary Collection version got that detail wrong. They also did the four Namco Arcade Game Series releases (wish there'd been more), plus miscellaneous Taito projects (Bubble Bobble With Friends' emulation of the original BB, Space Invaders Invincible Collection).

They're comprised of founding members from Rutubo Games, best known for their beautiful 32X and Saturn conversions of After Burner II, Space Harrier and OutRun (the latter being Saturn-only). Really glad these guys are still around! M2 can only handle so many projects at once - the more devs that treat emulation as a serious discipline, the better.

Digital Eclipse are not a developer I would include in that category. SNK 40th Anniversary Collection may have nice flyer scans, but its control bugs are unthinkably poor by M2/Hamster/Gotch standards. ZeroDiv, meanwhile, don't seem to be emulating Psikyo PCBs at all, but re-releasing existing console versions. Particularly as someone who owns the majority of those discs, it's not what I'm after, especially now that consoles are powerful enough to comfily emulate most of these games outright.
Last edited by BIL on Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

Decided to pick up Dragon Blaze and the store page on Steam seems to indicate that there's now online ranking, if anyone was waiting on that.

Overall, I'm having fun with this, think I'll get my 10 bucks worth out of it. Feels better than the Switch version (being able to use a proper stick helps) . Would quickly buy more if cheaper.
versionfiv

Post by versionfiv »

they're all on sale now. but as for you who just bought dragon blaze, don't feel bad. that game's worth the full price.
scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

7 buck instead of 10. Get 'em while they're hot. Sale ends on the 2nd.
I prob end up coping them all b4 the end of the weekend :)
BIL

Post by BIL »

BIL wrote:
dmk1198 wrote:
BIL wrote:Sadly, this seems to have been the story of Strikers 1945 II ports, ever since the PS2 comp recycled the PS1 port. :| The Greatest Generation (aka M2 & Gotch) would never behave so shitbirdly. :evil:
What games has gotch done please
[post]
I forgot the most significant one :O They also worked on the PS3's Capcom Arcade Cabinet, as did M2. Shame that series didn't keep going.
A Skeleton

Post by A Skeleton »

Just bought Strikers 1945 3 and Dragon Blaze on sale. Man, Strikers was my jam back in the day. Might make a video about all the three games.
My second video on Steam Shmups
https://youtu.be/SHYu_ETEmJE
qmish

Post by qmish »

Se pre-last post here
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1261960/ ... 242297222/

Why nobody cares?

All psikyo steam release have (supposedly) false alerts here or there, and it still comes up every time, like after update... No official word from dev/publisher

wtf