Current Gen Console Get Shmup Physical Releases for?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
pablumatic

Re: Current Gen Console Get Shmup Physical Releases for?

Post by pablumatic »

If I have the option I always get PS4 physical.

I prefer playing any shooting game on a home console. Especially the faster option.

I also don't know what Switch carts are made from or how long they'll properly operate. Optical media is generally a safer bet.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Some retro-bit Saturn BT pads have an issues when the dpad stops working. Half the dpad stopped working on mine (tried on PC, Switch, and Genesis with BT dongle to confirm). Not sure what to do about it since I'm in a hotel and I threw away the box. The Genesis BT pad rocks, though. Is there a way to get X-input over BT with that pad? The instructions only mention a way to get it working via wired input.
Gamer707b

Post by Gamer707b »

pablumatic wrote:If I have the option I always get PS4 physical.

I prefer playing any shooting game on a home console. Especially the faster option.

I also don't know what Switch carts are made from or how long they'll properly operate. Optical media is generally a safer bet.
I agree. I'd rather play on a big Tv with my Hori stick. Its kinda hard for me in handheld.

As far as the Switch carts go though, I put my trust in Nintendo. I own all the Nintendo consoles and aside from the occasional blinking on my 8-bit NES, all my other Nintendo consoles and their games work flawlessely. I had to change my PS2 3 times, but Im still on my original Gamecube for example. And Ive had it since it came out and played it a shit ton. So I think the Switch carts carts will be just as long lasting.