Crimzon Clover World Explosion (Switch)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
chempop

Re: Crimzon Clover World Explosion (Switch)

Post by chempop »

Out October 29 on the JP Switch eShop, ¥1980

https://store-jp.nintendo.com/list/soft ... 21588.html

So what do you expect? Tate mode? Unbearable lag? Sounds like a new arrange mode is included!
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
mastermx

Post by mastermx »

chempop wrote:Out October 29 on the JP Switch eShop, ¥1980

https://store-jp.nintendo.com/list/soft ... 21588.html

So what do you expect? Tate mode? Unbearable lag? Sounds like a new arrange mode is included!
Can't wait to have this on my switch. Hype.
miwa

Post by miwa »

Oh wow, I'm also super excited about this!

Does anyone know if they've announced a physical edition?
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

Do we know if this is getting a NA release?
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

Crimzon Clover - World EXplosion
Price: $19.99
Release date: October 29th
File size: 744MB
Publisher: Degica

Prepare yourself for an insatiable rain of bullets, bombs, and beams in Crimzon Clover. From Japanese indie developer YOTSUBANE, AdventurePlanningService, this unique top-down shooter is a wild ride you won't want to miss out on.
Your first step in Crimzon Clover: World Ignition is as simple as choosing how you want to play, and which powerful ship will be yours to command. Choose your difficulty from ARCADE (true to the original arcade game) or NOVICE (better if these are your first step in the world of hardcode SHMUP) then choose your mode from Boost, Original, Unlimited, and Time Attack.
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
chempop

Post by chempop »

Johnpv wrote:Do we know if this is getting a NA release?
It's called World EXplosion :lol:
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
kuze

Post by kuze »

Day one buy for sure, love this game and can't wait to be able to play it on the go.
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Glad to see that the USA region Switch eShop site lists Crimson Clover World EXplosion as of 10-15-2020. I'd have to assume that it's a digital d/l only. Definitely need a proper arcade stick to play CC-WE as it's meant to be played with.

Will tate mode be implemented from the get-go as well with the Switch CC-WE port?

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
chempop

Post by chempop »

Probably a silly time to order a switch, before PS5 launch and black friday deals, but I went ahead and did it anyways. Gamestop.com finally had the V2 with red/blue controllers in stock, also got a convertor for running it in a CRT (Tendak Active 1080P Female HDMI to VGA, might be shit, we'll see).

About to order a Brook PS4>Switch super convertor, because it seems a heck of a lot easier and 1/3 the cost versus getting a universal PCB and building something from the ground up.
mastermx

Post by mastermx »

chempop wrote:Probably a silly time to order a switch, before PS5 launch and black friday deals, but I went ahead and did it anyways. Gamestop.com finally had the V2 with red/blue controllers in stock, also got a convertor for running it in a CRT (Tendak Active 1080P Female HDMI to VGA, might be shit, we'll see).

About to order a Brook PS4>Switch super convertor, because it seems a heck of a lot easier and 1/3 the cost versus getting a universal PCB and building something from the ground up.
I gotta tell you man. I have a ps4 to switch Brooks converter. And it definitely feels more laggy than my switch hayabusa stick. I've tried it with a te2+ and a venom stick too.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
chempop

Post by chempop »

mastermx wrote:I gotta tell you man. I have a ps4 to switch Brooks converter. And it definitely feels more laggy than my switch hayabusa stick. I've tried it with a te2+ and a venom stick too.
Hmm good to know, I appreciate the insight. Have you done a firmware update on the superconverter, could that even make a difference? Can anyone confirm the brook converter isn't worth a try?
mastermx

Post by mastermx »

It's been a few months since I've tested it. But I was up to date firmware wise. And I tested it against the pro controller, and later the hayabusa. My testing was inaccurate as I just put them side by side and moved the cursor around the switch UI. I could feel the lag with that alone. But I'd also love to see how it fairs.

https://www.youtube.com/post/Ugzf8DZfLqKXktkTlDh4AaABCQ

Shmup Junkie posted this update, said he's gonna post a video on switch controller lag soon. He's gonna compare all the controller including the brooks converter. Might be worth it to keep an eye on this breakdown. I can't remember anyone else testing this.
silvergunner

Post by silvergunner »

Yes,in europe too (Oct.29) :D
chempop

Post by chempop »

My Switch should be delivered later today.
Getting my body and cab ready, I'm hellbent on getting it running in a 31khz CRT.
Definitely checking out Shmup Junkie's lag test video which also posts today, couldn't have asked for more perfect timing!

Not much for game art out in the wild with this one, but I have a mockup of a marquee:

mastermx

Post by mastermx »

chempop wrote:My Switch should be delivered later today.
Getting my body and cab ready, I'm hellbent on getting it running in a 31khz CRT.
Definitely checking out Shmup Junkie's lag test video which also posts today, couldn't have asked for more perfect timing!

Not much for game art out in the wild with this one, but I have a mockup of a marquee:

That's awesome design. It's getting me hyped for this game's switch release. I do wonder what changes this update will bring.

I just saw shmup junkie's video. I honestly expected the brook's converter to do worse, even though it done badly. I think it's because I was using it with my PS3 MadCatz TE.
chempop

Post by chempop »

Can anyone predict if the game will have a vertical 3:4 mode, or do these switch games that have Tate modes still usually require 16:9 monitors to display all the HUD info/etc? Maybe it depends on the game and whether or not it's an arcade port.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

chempop wrote:My Switch should be delivered later today.

Should have TATE mode.

Get a HDMI To VGA for the Switch to put into 480P. I have already done this. Brooks converter for the controls.
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

chempop wrote:Not much for game art out in the wild with this one, but I have a mockup of a marquee:

Nice, did you see my movestrip I did for the Nesica version?
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
chempop

Post by chempop »

emphatic wrote:Nice, did you see my movestrip I did for the Nesica version?
Yup, looks great and much appreciated!
Tokyo-J wrote:Should have TATE mode.
I assume it will, just wasn't sure if it'll fit properly on a 3:4 arcade monitor, or if things like Lives, Bombs, score, etc would be moved to the wallpaper borders on the top and bottom of a 9:16 vert screen. I'll know soon enough!
Tokyo-J wrote:Get a HDMI To VGA for the Switch to put into 480P. I have already done this. Brooks converter for the controls.
Done and done, thanks for the advice. 8)
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

According to this press release the Steam version will be getting "updated" sometime after the Switch release, though it doesn't specify 1) Whether said update will be free, or 2) If DRM-free PC versions of the game will be updated as well.
Horst Pommel

Post by Horst Pommel »

BulletMagnet wrote:According to this press release the Steam version will be getting "updated" sometime after the Switch release, though it doesn't specify 1) Whether said update will be free, or 2) If DRM-free PC versions of the game will be updated as well.
Thx for the info. Time to make a backup of the current drm free version just in case they change anything for the worse.
chempop

Post by chempop »

To those who are familiar with the game (I am not), which mode is the best to start with?

Are original and boost vastly different in difficulty, or more like a difference in play style like Futari original versus maniac?

4 days :o
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I think it's been posted on this board already, but what's new to World EXplosion?
Horst Pommel

Post by Horst Pommel »

chempop wrote:To those who are familiar with the game (I am not), which mode is the best to start with?

Are original and boost vastly different in difficulty, or more like a difference in play style like Futari original versus maniac?

4 days :o
It really depends if you feel more comfortable with dodging more but slower bullets or fewer but faster bullets. I would say they are about the same in terms of difficulty. In boost mode you also have to manage rank, so you can adjust your difficulty to a certain degree.
Tim James

Post by Tim James »

Some gameplay is starting to trickle out on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmPhsIlh7M8
chempop

Post by chempop »

I'm losing it! Waited close to 9 years for this one, and it's so close I can smell it!

The gradius powerup system was certainly unexpected, maybe that's just in original-arrange?
Still dying to see if it has a proper 3:4 vert mode... I know they said it has tate, but I don't want any HUD/UI info such as life stock in the top and bottom borders.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

The modes are patterned after Futari, yes. Boost gets significantly harder than Original if you tryhard it long enough. Unlimited is kinda like God. Time Attack is a fun extra.

The powerup bar is clearly a new Arrange mechanic. Smart really, it's basically what Grind Stormer did with the two different modes.

...Extend Break... we did not need this much power...
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
bytestorm

Post by bytestorm »

its out now in the jap eshop! cant wait to get home :D. I wonder if there are any new stuff added? secret boss or something would have been cool.. what an awesome game this is!
just hope the input lag is low on this port to switch..

anyone tried it yet?
Looking to buy, working or faulty: Dodonpachi, Deathsmiles, Ibara, Rainbow Islands, Bubble Bobble.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

chempop wrote:Still dying to see if it has a proper 3:4 vert mode... I know they said it has tate, but I don't want any HUD/UI info such as life stock in the top and bottom borders.
If they force HUD extras into the 4:3 mode it'll probably be top/bottom. Just adjust it out of frame with your monitor size controls if that's the case.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Queen Charlene

Post by Queen Charlene »

it sounds like World EXPlosion is now available on the NA eShops! i've gotta get myself a Switch so i can nab a copy, i'm really excited for this release. maybe i'll be able to get my gf to get off hers so i can play some Crimzon Clover on it. :P