Omega Five (Xbox 360/Xbox One) - Delisted?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Austin

Omega Five (Xbox 360/Xbox One) - Delisted?

Post by Austin »

Hey guys, just trying to see if this game is still available or not. From what I am hearing, this may have been delisted.

If you access the store page from a device you haven't purchased it from yet, when you select "see price", it pops up with an error. Apparently this happens if you do this from an Xbox 360 console as well. See here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/omega ... verviewtab

Just a FYI in case anyone was thinking about picking this up.. Either it's a simple error, or perhaps it's been delisted and it's too late to get it. There's been no official announcement as far as I can tell.

Pretty fun shooter honestly. Still plays well and looks good. It's going to be pretty sad if folks can't purchase it anymore. Very "budget friendly". :(
Obiwanshinobi

Re: Omega Five (Xbox 360/Xbox One) - Delisted?

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

I didn't even know it was released as downloadable!* Was there anything else by UPL? Could it be played as either the basic version, or Special reissue, optionally?

*) This, or I've suffered a memory leak.

The ever-striking similarity of its title's font to that of the original Star Force...

ImageImage
The rear gate is closed down
The way out is cut off

Austin

Post by Austin »

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........................................................... :?
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

Austin wrote:Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........................................................... :?

Obiwanshinobi the game is Omega FIVE, although I WISH it was OF, because that's a game I'd like to try out!

Austin, I just hacked my Xbox to play all games now, it's old enough where things are dropping off. I prefer to buy when possible to support the company, but at this point...
Obiwanshinobi

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

So I got misguided by the second word's first syllabe. Possibly, recent releases like Vasara 1&2 made me expect more such come-backs.
One of best-looking polygonal shmups, judging by screenshots. Would be a shame if not available anymore.
The rear gate is closed down
The way out is cut off

kid aphex

Post by kid aphex »

One of my fave games... hope its still DL’ed to my HD...
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

yeah, I just tried looking it up on my 360 and its not there in the game shop listings, nor does the Search function pull up anything for it
(I never bought it, nor did I keep the trial download, so I can't get to any kind of page for it)
Google search only yields a NeoGAF thread from August asking the same question to no real response.

the various "delisted games" sites and wikis don't list this game as delisted yet, but that's probably just because no one's cared to update it and it seems they've delisted this one real quietly
bigbadboaz

Post by bigbadboaz »

I seem to vaguely remember that it was delisted. Not 100% sure but it could be Googled for confirmation. I only find out about these things if someone runs a headline.

As (almost) always, though, it's still downloadable for those who own it. You have to find it through your history, though, not through any storefront.
pablumatic

Post by pablumatic »

Looks like it was delisted.

Since it was published by Hudson, which is now owned by Konami, I'm not sure we can expect to ever see it again.

I've had it since launch so I feel safe for now. Though I imagine the icon for the game on my 360 will disappear. All my other delisted games have blank icons in the 360 UI.
kid aphex

Post by kid aphex »

I forget the particulars: If I bought it and its no longer on my HD, can I redownload it? Or does the de-listing lose it forever?
MommysBestGames

Post by MommysBestGames »

Definitely a shame. I liked it at first, and then really warmed up to it even more, and ended up loving it. I liked the replayability, and enjoyed it and Neo Contra for the same fun of unlocking a new character, or just improving in a given level. It had a good difficulty curve.
Made a giant arcade-adventure: Pig Eat Ball. Also made shmup with multi-ships: Shoot 1UP DX, Gunstacking game: Serious Sam Double D XXL, and more shooters.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

kid aphex wrote:I forget the particulars: If I bought it and its no longer on my HD, can I redownload it? Or does the de-listing lose it forever?
Outside of a few exceptions for certain delisted games (even if you bought them), yes, you can, but the only way to redownload it is through your download history on the X360 console (you used to also be able on the xbox site's own user account DL history, but not anymore), unless you didn't purchase a lot of stuff or gotten free DL's, it'll be a long list to go through, but IIRC, you can scroll faster through your DL list if you use (I think) the bumpers or triggers.

For X1/XS BC however, it should be listed on the "Ready to Play" section, for easier access if you still own it.
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
pablumatic

Post by pablumatic »

MommysBestGames wrote:Definitely a shame. I liked it at first, and then really warmed up to it even more, and ended up loving it. I liked the replayability, and enjoyed it and Neo Contra for the same fun of unlocking a new character, or just improving in a given level. It had a good difficulty curve.
It is a great recent-ish horizontal shooter. One of the few I can 1CC.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Thanks for the responses guys. Shame about it, really--it's one of those ones I constantly recommend to folks that hadn't heard of it (which is a bunch, this one seemed to fly under a lot of shmup fan radars at the time). It's held up extremely well over the years and before it was delisted, it was still cheap to aquire, $10 or less if I recall. Great bang-for-the-buck kind of game.
bigbadboaz

Post by bigbadboaz »

It suffered a lot from the "shmups-are-outdated" mindset, which has never left but was still particularly strong in the early X360 era. This despite having fantastic HD, 3D graphics which were FAR beyond the standard for Xbox Live Arcade releases at the time.
dmk1198

Post by dmk1198 »

I've got the demo
Just bought astebreed and it felt very similar
Sturmvogel Prime

Post by Sturmvogel Prime »

I've checked the XBOX store in Mexico, and the game is still listed, but without the "$ xxx MXN" price as if its still dollar based. But the mexican store delisted Bullet Soul.
Fan of Transformers, Shmups and Anime-styled Girls. You're teamed up with the right pilot!
Bringing you shmup and video game reviews with humorous criticism.

STG Wikias: Thunder Force Wiki - Wikiheart Exelica - Ginga Force Wiki
Dawn111

Post by Dawn111 »

I just recently brought my Xbox 360, and I really wanted to download Omega Five as well.
It's such an impressive-looking shooter, and it's a shame that I can't download it anymore.
"You don't have to believe in yourself, because I believe in you." - Drax the Destroyer
https://youtube.com/DawnHibiki
dmk1198

Post by dmk1198 »

Demo still on if you got a 360
Also astebreed seems like a twin game, near identical imo
Dawn111

Post by Dawn111 »

dmk1198 wrote:Demo still on if you got a 360
I can't even find the demo on the 360.
Omega Five has been delisted forever.
"You don't have to believe in yourself, because I believe in you." - Drax the Destroyer
https://youtube.com/DawnHibiki
FRO

Post by FRO »

This is unfortunate. I only learned about the game literally a few days ago. Somehow, it escaped my radar. Now the only way I'll get to play it is via a hacked 360 :(
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Well, that sucks. It isn't playing too well with Xenia either. Crashes galore.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Obiwanshinobi wrote:I didn't even know it was released as downloadable!* Was there anything else by UPL? Could it be played as either the basic version, or Special reissue, optionally?
If you have a PS4 you can get Omega Fighter (with Special) and a ton of other UPL games in splendid form via ACA. :wink: I recommend Ninja-kun: Ashura no Shou! It's hardcore! :shock: