RQ: Ginga Force mission 4 S rank

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Ice Beam

RQ: Ginga Force mission 4 S rank

Post by Ice Beam »

I can't get any higher than A. I can destroy all the parts of the enemy ship, so I'm not sure what else I'm supposed to do to get an S.
Sturmvogel Prime

Re: RQ: Ginga Force mission 4 S rank

Post by Sturmvogel Prime »

I've figured that out for you.

To get Rank S you've got to destroy all the 5 parts of Killer Moth: Missile Dispensers, Machine Guns AND the Radar Dish on the center of the ship. While it takes a lot more of damage than the other 4 parts, It is possible to destroy it, but you're gonna need a powerful weapon.

I've used the Demolishing Ion Blaster (Unlocked after Stage 9) and the Quarter Slow special weapon. You can use any subweapon you want.

Fan of Transformers, Shmups and Anime-styled Girls. You're teamed up with the right pilot!
Bringing you shmup and video game reviews with humorous criticism.

STG Wikias: Thunder Force Wiki - Wikiheart Exelica - Ginga Force Wiki
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Those options aren't available to you in Score Attack sadly.

I've heard from other players that the key to getting a high rank on Score Attack stage 4 is to destroy as much of the ship as possible (a given) - you don't need to worry about the radar dish because you'll never pull it off - build up that CR multiplier, and importantly, get a no-miss or die as little as possible. This is a low-scoring stage which means that the remaining lives bonus plays a much larger role here than it would in the other levels.
Ice Beam

Post by Ice Beam »

Sturmvogel Prime wrote: To get Rank S you've got to destroy all the 5 parts of Killer Moth: Missile Dispensers, Machine Guns AND the Radar Dish on the center of the ship.
The radar dish is the first thing I target. I've destroyed all five parts.
EmperorIng wrote: build up that CR multiplier, and importantly, get a no-miss or die as little as possible.
I'm pretty sloppy with my lives in this game, so back to practicing I suppose. Strangely, dying a lot hasn't prevented me from getting S rank in other levels.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.