Dangun Feveron NMNB Bosses

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
mastermx

Dangun Feveron NMNB Bosses

Post by mastermx »

Usually when I try to find out if I'd mastered a level in a shmup, I try to NMNB that level. It's often a really good challenge, and it tests you.
I've been using Roll Style and Speed #3 on Dangun Feveron on the M2 port.

I've been able to NMNB all sections upto boss 4. And after a few hours of grinding this bosses final pattern, without any bombs. It's starting to look like this game is nigh impossible for me to NMNB consistently. It's almost like that final pattern requires a bomb. It just keeps getting faster and faster, and with roll style it becomes difficult to align my ship when I charge.

I've found some Sapz videos on youtube of him NMNB the bosses. And stage 4 boss with lock on style.
I'm starting to wonder if perhaps my rank is very high, which is why I can't NMNB this final pattern of boss #4. Because boss 4 is easier than the stage 3 boss, except the final pattern.
It's disheartening to think, that I'd need to rely on bombs to beat this boss. Even if it's just 1 bomb. Or perhaps I'm being too much of a perfectionist, but I'd always used NMNB as a measure for my progress.

Wondering if any of you have also challenged yourselves this way with dangun, because ketsui and DOJ bosses never gave me this much trouble.

EDIT: Well I got my coveted NMNB on this boss after some practice. But I deffo won't be going for it in a full run. Ever.
Last edited by mastermx on Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mastermx

Re: Dangun Feveron NMNB Bosses

Post by mastermx »

https://youtu.be/vA8qya7xI9Y

For reference. This is the pattern. Gives me shakey hands.
Glick

Post by Glick »

Haven't tried to NMNB this one myself, but I think you're moving way too much. In particular, it seems like the vertical movement is just making it take longer for you to get where you need to be. That pattern shouldn't be targeted at the player, so you can just memorize a sequence of safe spots.
mastermx

Post by mastermx »

I've managed to minimise the need for movement in this example https://youtu.be/l_hzOlButAc

Bear in mind this is on speed 3 and the speed of the ship can't be changed mid game. Basically the longer the pattern goes on for, the faster it gets. Until it becomes headache inducing. With speed 3 in that situation it becomes very difficult not to have big sweeping motions to avoid the spread. The solution is to aim all charged shots at the core from the beginning. So that by the time that pattern shows up, the boss is closer to death, and won't have the chance to speed up that pattern too much.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Emuser

Post by Emuser »

Super late response here from me, but unless you are using Uo Poko then a bomb on bosses before the 5th is part of a normal gameplan. In real runs where someone is aiming for a TLB encounter, bombs are worth so little or possibly NOTHING depending on when they are picked up that bombing to stay alive and ALL2 outweighs any possible bonus gotten from excess bomb pickups. Uo Poko would be the best choice if you are strictly trying to NMNB since it will outdamage the other ships, but that's a whole other challenge in itself.