Sisters Royale (Alfa System, PC/Switch/PS4/XB1, 2019)

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores

Best Girl?

Sonay
6%
Selma
29%
Ece
18%
Nur
18%
Lale
18%
Ode
12%

Total votes: 17

Mero

Re: Sisters Royale (Alfa System, PC/Switch/PS4/XB1, 2019)

Post by Mero »

Normal
Nur

Mero - 4,537,915,780 - All - PS4 - image

Ok this is definitely my last submission for now, but seeing NTSC-J's score made me decide to see if I could improve my score a bit. I wanted more but a few bad deaths at critical moments put a stop to that.

I tried going into overtime more often but after about 20 seconds I have to spam bombs to stay alive, so I played it safer and tried to get as much score as I could without going too far past the limit.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Man, I'm amazed at you two pushing this game so hard. Don't count me out of that 4 billion mark yet, but I don't know if I can reach the heights NTSC-J has... With Japanese top scores across the different boards rarely going past high 3b or low 4b, I think it's safe to say the Japanese players have largely slept on the game (for now); that means more world records for us, right?!
Mero

Post by Mero »

Yeah it definitely looks like Japan didn't play this for long.

You've already got 3.7 so a few less deaths should get you over the 4 billion threshold.

Hitting 5 billion would be tough, I think I could get about 4.7 or maybe 4.8 with a no miss but I doubt I'll ever get that.
Sturmvogel Prime

Post by Sturmvogel Prime »

Difficulty: Hard
Character: Sonay
XBOX Username: SturmvogelPrime
3,393,793,930- All Clear - XBOX One - Image

Fan of Transformers, Shmups and Anime-styled Girls. You're teamed up with the right pilot!
Bringing you shmup and video game reviews with humorous criticism.

STG Wikias: Thunder Force Wiki - Wikiheart Exelica - Ginga Force Wiki
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Wow, congrats on the Hard mode clear Sturmvogel! It's great to see some more Hard mode love. I want to play a bit more of Hard mode (as I've said before), though normal keeps on calling me back to push farther.

BUT! I am happy to finally update the thread with my own milestone: cracking 4 billion!
I had actually gotten -just- over 4b the other night, but i wasn't satisfied enough with my performance so I went at it again the last two days, pushing past my old PB by 200 million. It makes me seriously wonder if 5b is doable, given that I died eight times over the course of this run.

Definitely a highlight was getting over 800m in Stage 1! It's a tough stage to score, and I feel like my scores fluctuate the most on this stage vs the others. I managed some clutch dodges of Sonay and Selma as the screen barfed ghosts all around me.

Normal
Nur
EmperorIng - 4,283,779,110 - All - Switch - image

Mero

Post by Mero »

Nice, I thought you'd get it.

My highest with Nur on stage 1 is 798m, which I've got more than once.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Thanks! My absolute best for s1 is 897m. I was shocked when it happened... "what did I do differently?" This is what I mean about s1 scores fluctuating so much. Average is 700m range, but every now and then I see a huge jump.

Also, why quit while you're ahead? A new best! Catching up to you now :wink:
This run saw me spend a bit more time milking Lale and Ece, despite nearly quitting in frustration over two stupid deaths at the Nur fight. Apparently that extra legwork made up for it. I missed two x8 kills for Yashin and Yashin Demon, respectively, but all the same I did a pretty good job keeping things moving in the right direction, score-wise. I still haven't quite gotten down the best method for Sonay's milk. I know that some Japanese players circle around her but I can't pull that off without dying.

Normal
Nur
EmperorIng - 4,402,971,230 - All - Switch - image

viper_phase1

Post by viper_phase1 »

Wow, great job with all of your recent progress! I'm inspired to push myself further too.
Mero

Post by Mero »

EmperorIng wrote:Thanks! My absolute best for s1 is 897m. I was shocked when it happened... "what did I do differently?" This is what I mean about s1 scores fluctuating so much. Average is 700m range, but every now and then I see a huge jump.

]

Clearly my strats on Sonay are far from optimal, I never really worked out a good way to get more points out of her without damaging her so I'd just go full on in her face, getting about 50 million each time but damaging her a lot too. I didn't really bother milking Ece either, none of her patterns looked very good for that.
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

Normal
Nur
iconoclast - 6,371,114,770 - ALL - PC
https://youtu.be/NL7zDnhrsMw

Hard
Nur
iconoclast - 9,542,436,620 - ALL - PC
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EhU0F0kXYAAA8pO?format=jpg

best shmup since SDOJ.
Mero

Post by Mero »

Really great stuff, already watched your vid.

And yeah, this game will definitely be in my top 25 next year.
Mero

Post by Mero »

Normal
Nur

Mero - 5,195,606,780 - All - PS4 - image

Needless to say I ripped off a few of iconoclast's strats to get this. I think I'd be happier if this score was maybe one or two hundred million higher, my dodgy execution let me down a few times in this run.

The run was mostly good in terms of survival though, it could have been no miss but for two deaths right at the end.

I might try to get it a bit higher, there's still a few spots where I'm not doing as well as I could, especially on stage 3.
Mero

Post by Mero »

Normal
Nur

Mero - 5,402,273,560 - All - PS4 -

I could do better than this but I can't seem to do a run without losing tons of lives at the moment.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

I'm being humbled, not only by Mero's constant improvements, but by Iconoclast's incredible scores. Congrats to both of you! I'm thinking I'm going to be picking up the Microsoft store version soon and start playing on pc (and recording proper runs). Awesome job, guys! You're making me want to push myself to go for 5 billion
Mero

Post by Mero »

Thanks! I'll definitely check it out if you make a video, I wouldn't mind trying again myself but doing it on my phone is a pain.
Mero

Post by Mero »

Normsl
Nur

Mero - 5,510,412,780 - All - PS4 -

I did a few runs this morning that were all in the same ball park but this was the highest. Not much of an increase but I can't seem to play well at the moment, I died in every stage on this run.
Mero

Post by Mero »

Ignore the score above^

Normal
Nur

Mero - 5,619,969,910 - All - PS4 - image

Another small increase from me. I had a better scoring run than this earlier but I totally blew it at the end and didn't clear.
Mero

Post by Mero »

Normal
Nur

Mero - 5,818,041,820 - All - PS4 - video

Video is direct capture this time, 30fps but at least it's better than doing it on my phone.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Oh my God man, you are really pushing it. Is 6 billion around the corner?

I got the Microsoft store version a week ago and did some play/streaming. Of course right after they announce a steam port! Oh well. I was derusting a little but I had 3+ billion at the start of stage 5 so I was about on pace to my usual clear. 5 billion still seems like a tough challenge.
Mero

Post by Mero »

6 billion is possible but I'd have to play a lot better than this, 5.9 might be more realistic.

For getting 5 billion I'd say concentrate on getting more score before entering the last stage, if you could hit about 3.5 you could do it. Remember you've got iconoclast's video to help you (or my video if you get desperate).
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Yeah, on top of not getting hit so much, I still need to improve my stage 1. I want to hit 800m+ and above consistently (ideally 900m) instead of slumming in the 700s. It's a hard stage to score in for some reason! 8)

Probably the biggest missed points for me right now are stage 1 boss, stage 3 pre-boss, and stage 5 in general. Those are a lot of areas with which to go from 4.4 to 5+. I'm definitely going to watch your vid later Mero to see if I can glean some extra strategies for myself. :mrgreen:
Mero

Post by Mero »

Normal
Nur

Mero - 6,033,881,600 - All - PS4 - video

This still isn't the greatest run but I just about managed to squeeze enough points out the game for 6 billion this time.

I would usually have scrapped the run when I died on Selma phase 2 but I'd already had a few crappy runs that ended early on so I just carried on. I had a few near misses on the Nur boss fight and I was insanely lucky not to kill Seytan's final phase with a bomb right at the end, would have cost me 50 million if I'd done that.

Anyway my copy of Cold Steel IV should be here in a few days, I might try to get a better Hard score before that.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Simply amazing job, Mero!

An Ode player I know has also just cracked 6 billion (I'll probably add his score to this topic to give the Ode board some love). So that's 3 players in the west to reach that lofty height! I don't know how many japanese players cracked 6b other than YOS-K, also with Nur.

Ode and Nur seem to be the most competitive, score-wise. Ode in fact might have a leg up on Nur as highest-scoring character (at least on Normal; dunno about Hard), because it was discovered that her bomb converts all bullets into coins. You can see how in the late-game this turns into a big deal.

Said Ode player is going to be streaming a 1cc run for the twitch streaming event Shmup Slam 3 on Nov. 7, if you can check it out.

I haven't played in a week or so seriously, outside of trying out other characters and seeing how easy it would be for me to get some additional clears (got the closest with Sonay). I still want to push myself to 5b+ though atm I'm doing gangbusters at Psyvarar Revision and want to keep that momentum going.
Mero

Post by Mero »

Thanks, I didn't even realise I'd got enough for 6billion until after I'd killed Seytan, I thought I was still somewhere around 5.5.

I remember watching a good Ode run a while back on Youtube, I think the score was about 5 billion. I can't remeber whether the player was Japanese or western. Good scoring potential as you say but I think she'd be pretty hard to use.

I think that stream is going to be airing around the time that I'm going to work, though I'd check the footage if it got uploaded to Youtube or somewhere. Is there a video of his 6 billion run?
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

The 5 billion run you saw on youtube was the same guy, named Mishi.

i asked him about the 6b run but he said he won't upload until he gets as close to iconoclast's record as he can manage. He's done some pretty impressive things with the gal. 8)

The shmup slam footage highlights will be eventually uploaded to youtube under the channel The Electric Underground. It's where my run of Dariusburst also ended up for Shmup Slam 2. I was going to submit a Sisters Royale run but apparently the slots got all filled up before I could participate. It'd be nice to do a Nur/Ode side by side, in my opinion...
Mero

Post by Mero »

Hard
Lale

Mero - 4,257,285,030 - All - PS4 - video

Thought about doing Hard with Nur but to get a decent Hard score with her would take me absolutely ages and I only had a few days so I went for the low hanging fruit of increasing my Lale score instead. I don't think this is too bad for Lale since she's one of the lowest scorers, playing Hard with her is a lot of fun though.

Anyway this is 100% categorically my last score, for a few months at least.
Mero

Post by Mero »

Just noticed I somehow gave myself an extra 10k points, the correct score is 4,257,275,030. Sorry about that
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

If that's going to be the end of an era (for now), it certainly is capping off an amazing series of runs. Kudos, Mero!

I'm trying something a little different, trying to get that ""easy"" Sonay clear while scoring decently as well.
Two runs in a row dying to Lale in a stupid way. As far as I can tell, Lale might be the only boss Sonay can milk effectively (I haven't reached Ece, Yashin, or Seytan yet). It's a lot harder to score effectively with a character that isn't Nur (or Ode, apparently).

Normal
Sonay
EmperorIng - 2,409,405,990 - 4 - PC - image

Mero

Post by Mero »

Thanks!

Sonay score looks decent for saying you didn't beat Lale, you could have a shot at the top Sonay score if you go on to clear.

I haven't tried it myself but Yashin phase 1 might be milkable.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Well, not long afterward, you were right Mero! At my pace, despite bumbling into stage 5, I took the top spot!

Normal
Sonay
EmperorIng - 3,288,128,760 - ALL - PC - video

Sonay can decently milk Yashin's phase 1, and can make a decent go at the all-important Seytan phase 2. Her bombs really help with the timers, because at point-blank range she can almost empty a boss' health bar by 50-75% So you don't need to worry about the ghosts all -that- much when you can just jump in, do your damage, and position yourself for a summon kill. In fact in this run I accidentally kill a few boss phases with bombs or mistime my summon which cost me some points.

I think I can easily see myself improving this to 3.5b at the least. I wonder if 4+ is doable for a lower-scoring char like her?

Mero, can you check the PS4 boards and see what the top Sonay score is? I like to see where I stack up. :mrgreen: